Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Time_pants posted:

Elon Musk is trying to create AI to avoid Rocco's Basilisk. That's why he's so obsessed with making X the everything app and ran off to copy the current "AI technology" as soon as someone else got close to humanlike except for the whole uncanny valley.
I think Elon Musk wanting to own the United States equivalent of China's WeChat is a more plausible explanation for his intentions with X

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mannerup posted:

lmao Elon is gonna accidentally quote tweet a picture of Isabel Peralta if he keeps up with that angle, she has such lovely opinions like

Hey Spain time to re-enter the space race

quote:

A long-time confidant and right-hand man of dictator Francisco Franco, Carrero served as Spain's Premier and in various other high ranking offices of the Francoist dictatorship until his assassination in a car bombing in December 1973.

The assassination enjoyed the tacit approval of many Spaniards, who joked about Carrero being Spain's first astronaut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Carrero_Blanco

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I dated a jewish girl once, or she might have been Mormon, I really can't remember

ive run the numbers and it’s very, very unlikely she was jewish unless you were in, like, New York or Hollywood or something, probably mormon

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

mannerup posted:

agree the cause is a surface level blend of edgelordism, nihilism and tribalism rather than any kind of ideological coherent framework, but the effect is a firehose of antisemitic content that dwarves nearly every other source regardless of the original intent

Yep, 100% agreed and I wasn't trying to downplay the horrific effects at all, I was just pointing out that digging into the "but why" is a pretty pointless endeavor since the perpetrators themselves couldn't tell you anything beyond the mindless hateful things they're already shouting

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ah I understand now. Alright some folk are seem mighty upset about it. Let me be clear and un-russle some jimmies. I was wrong. Completely Incorrect. My language was loose and not intended to be read strictly literal about "nobody has met a jew". That was entirely an error on my part.

Instead lets go with the idea that I intended (and failed) more my commentary to speak on a macro (communities, nation) rather than micro (individual people) level.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
no

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ah I understand now. Alright some folk are seem mighty upset about it. Let me be clear and un-russle some jimmies. I was wrong. Completely Incorrect. My language was loose and not intended to be read strictly literal about "nobody has met a jew". That was entirely an error on my part.

Instead lets go with the idea that I intended (and failed) more my commentary to speak on a macro (communities, nation) rather than micro (individual people) level.

sorry you’re the jewish people erasure guy now

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I live in Alabama. Not exactly a major population state. The population of my city is 250k The metro of my city is ~500k. The 3rd most populated nation of jews is France at 448k. The 5th is the UK at 250k. Nearly twice the number of people live around my city than all the jews in a relatively major cosmopolitan nation. Just saying, it's a pretty tiny population of people world wide comparatively. Unless you live in Palestine or certain areas listed the idea they are having any effect on your life or your experiences is extremely tenuous as gently caress. It takes a lot of lazy lack of thinking for yourself to reach that conclusion.

The idea some vatnik out in Vladivostok or some bigot in Spain (population 13,000) railing against the jews and how hard it's making their life just makes zero loving sense to me.

That's like me blaming Australians for America's problems. Which to be fair, gently caress Australia and they can take their vegemite back where they came from.

Wait til.you see how many black and brown people your average dumbfuck Midwestern racist has met

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
name one jew. i'll wait :smug:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I've had sex with a jew! It was nice.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
GBS > Elon Musk: anti-anti-anti-anti-semitism discussion

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

R.L. Stine posted:

uh.. uuhhhhh

gently caress

uhhh

bernie sanders

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

phew

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Concerning

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

R.L. Stine posted:

R.L. Stine

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

In exactly what way? What inherent value have we created on earth that should be duplicated on other planets?

condo's

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I've had sex with a jew! It was nice.

Is the thing with the hole in the sheet true?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ZombyDog posted:

R.L. Stine

:monocle:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Hippocrass posted:

Is the thing with the hole in the sheet true?

My sheets were quite worn at the time, yes

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

I can buy a condo in the metaverse. I don’t need other planets. Try again.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
we can make space condo's right now, in space. or here and take them to space. we can't make condo's 2 miles under the ocean, which is the greater challenge?

(3o is not a billionaire and thus exempt from my being nasty to him, I stan 3o)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

mannerup posted:

I think Elon Musk wanting to own the United States equivalent of China's WeChat is a more plausible explanation for his intentions with X

Sure, that's what he says. But then you have to ask yourself, "What's something even dumber?"

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Aliens showed us about terraforming in 1986.

Yes, it's a remarkable piece of machinery. Weyland Yutani manufactures them you know. But Carter Burke, the company guy, was a greedy rear end in a top hat who sabotaged the whole mission to make a buck. And he died.

See my previous posts about greed.

yeah but the leader of the lv 426 colony went on to captain a mining ship until he was killed by a radiation leak

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

staberind posted:

we can make space condo's right now, in space. or here and take them to space. we can't make condo's 2 miles under the ocean, which is the greater challenge?

(3o is not a billionaire and thus exempt from my being nasty to him, I stan 3o)

Making them in space. If you want to send materials to the bottom of the ocean you just need to drop them in the ocean.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Making them in space. If you want to send materials to the bottom of the ocean you just need to drop them in the ocean.

uhhhhhhh......... erm. hm, let me rephase that; "condo's you and your cats and dogs can live in".
and dolphin style creatures can visit you, and suchlike.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Unless you have visited or lived in New York, Florida, Hollywood, or Israel there is a really good chance you've literally never met a jew.

From a few pages back but holy poo poo is this one of the dumbest things I’ve seen written in my life and yes my monitor is on.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m not allowed to explain why but humanity having an interplanetary footprint is an existential requirement.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anything funny happened since the rocket blew up

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Anything funny happened since the rocket blew up

Yeah

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

staberind posted:

uhhhhhhh......... erm. hm, let me rephase that; "condo's you and your cats and dogs can live in".
and dolphin style creatures can visit you, and suchlike.

They can't build that in space either. Unless by condo you mean orbiting space station and highly trained scientists instead of me and my pets.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

coconono posted:

I’m not allowed to explain why but humanity having an interplanetary footprint is an existential requirement.

I am allowed to explain why, but I'm not going to as is it's just going to be much funnier that way.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Anarkism_info/status/1725200182956962214

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tag yourself, i'm "byggnads"

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

ben shapino posted:

tag yourself, i'm "byggnads"

What a load of Målarna

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It rules pretty hard that unions are just stunting on elon by being way better at memes than him.

Or union friendly anarchist media whichever

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

R.L. Stine posted:

All Three Stooges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

PostNouveau posted:

Thank god Elon Musk invented the satellite. Truly we'd be lost without his guiding light.

The entire premise of the post is discussing the value of reliable, cost effective access to low-earth orbit ya dweeb

Szechwan fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 19, 2023