Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Fajita Queen posted:

Is Brisc still a standing member of The Imperium? Because if so, and you're still in it after what he's posting on reddit right now, gently caress you.

there are a great many idiot kings on their idiot hills in the imperium and i am not gonna quit each time one of them says something dumb lol esp if they're literally just a line member who is incredibly up their own rear end. i have heard through the grape vine that asher ws not in fact particularly stoked about this appearance of mittani on the meta show and that a number of other alliance/corp directors are similarly unstoked and while i trust the source of this information i haven't seen like logs or anything. that's enough for me. if mittani returns, i'm out, but he and his buddies have been swearing up and down for over a year that he's not interested in doing so. tbd i guess but i think the chances are slim.

i also learned from that thread that brisc has me blocked on reddit :sparkles:

twigplant fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 19, 2023

DeathRay50Kw
Sep 22, 2023

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-54_WLKaA

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

pretty much this, so I shouldn't be surprised that thundering shitbird pissbaby Brisc would play the rehab card. I was prepared to give GSF the benefit of the doubt but Mittani being even remotely near the org is enough for me to quit. If I should ever come back though, I am going to have *so* much crap in Irmalin, Villasen, Ienakkamon, Isie and Aurohunen

I doubt Brisc playing the rehab card because that implies he thinks anything wrong was done in the first place. Dude was carrying water for Xenuria when this was all coming fast. A little groping
, sexual assault and dick showing? You think a republican booster is gonna have problems with that? That’s a Tuesday at the country club.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

don't forget the divorce via email, malicious dog rehoming, and piano theft

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

What the christ is this poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hailthefish posted:

Every once in a I come to the realization that my major discomforts with cults of personality in this game and how people latch onto just terrible loving assholes was probably underdeveloped if anything.

I’m also very glad I stuck to squads and sigs and left when the “space empire” turned its malevolent eye inwards.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ikonoklast posted:

What the christ is this poo poo.

Outsider art

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rhymenoserous posted:

I doubt Brisc playing the rehab card because that implies he thinks anything wrong was done in the first place. Dude was carrying water for Xenuria when this was all coming fast. A little groping
, sexual assault and dick showing? You think a republican booster is gonna have problems with that? That’s a Tuesday at the country club.

I think the only space personalities in the game I liked were Merkelchen and Mister Vee, maybe Apple Pear and Alice as well. Anyway, today I learned that ZXB doesn't kick out to Irmalin but some other system in Aridia. But, again, like I'm actually going to be around to pick any of that stuff up

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I think the only space personalities in the game I liked were Merkelchen and Mister Vee, maybe Apple Pear and Alice as well. Anyway, today I learned that ZXB doesn't kick out to Irmalin but some other system in Aridia. But, again, like I'm actually going to be around to pick any of that stuff up

The only mainline FC I really got along with was Laz. I hated boat, disliked Vily, and Vee mostly FC’d out of my TZ. I don’t count KColor because bombing was a distinctly different experience.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ironic cults of personality are a funny joke

until you realize you're surrounded by people who don't think it's a joke at all

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Apple was very apologetic after a cerb fleet got deleted on a gate during Beeitnam, but he were always very chill. Vee was far too chill which made his fleets great. I remember Vee taking out a Baltec fleet and skating around the M2 constellation and nuking 7 dreads, a fax and a carrier and it was the most fun I've had in this terrible game

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

hailthefish posted:

No no you see you can't trust this kind of hearsay

Brisc is a giant idiot.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

WilWheaton posted:

No no you see you can't trust this kind of hearsay

Brisc is a giant idiot.

He’s literally a republican politician which means he’s definitely carried water for rapists and child molesters in the past.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Personally, if Asher and the rest of the brain trust who are supposed to be leading THE IMPERIUM don't want any bad publicity affecting THE IMPERIUM, they would ask Brisc to not stream on IMPERIUM NEWS NETWORK and maybe set up his own twitch channel

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Rhymenoserous posted:

He’s literally a republican politician which means he’s definitely carried water for rapists and child molesters in the past.

are failed mayoral candidates really politicians though? :thunk:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Personally, if Asher and the rest of the brain trust who are supposed to be leading THE IMPERIUM don't want any bad publicity affecting THE IMPERIUM, they would ask Brisc to not stream on IMPERIUM NEWS NETWORK and maybe set up his own twitch channel

They could ask but the current ownership could also tell them to pound sand. I say rename “The Imperium” to something less stupid.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Personally if I didn't want people thinking my alliance was full of lovely people I'd kick the lovely people to the curb, but what do I know about running a space empire.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Personally if I didn't want people thinking my alliance was full of lovely people I'd kick the lovely people to the curb, but what do I know about running a space empire.

remember when the easiest win GSF could have won was to simply kick Mittani after he'd handed over control to Asher or that dickhead that said they weren't recruiting from here and instead let him get inactivity kicked? Like, just actually kick him as soon as, everyone sees GSF is serious on cracking down on the shitheads. Instead we get Yogizh making transphobic jokes in corp mail and not being booted because he does spacejobs

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

remember when the easiest win GSF could have won was to simply kick Mittani after he'd handed over control to Asher or that dickhead that said they weren't recruiting from here and instead let him get inactivity kicked? Like, just actually kick him as soon as, everyone sees GSF is serious on cracking down on the shitheads. Instead we get Yogizh making transphobic jokes in corp mail and not being booted because he does spacejobs

I’ve run into this in other game guilds I’ve run/been an officer in. I had one guy get ultra mad because I booted a racist because he mined metal real good and my response was “don’t loving care and you can go too if you are that mad about it”.

Someone will always step up, we survived losing “hits rocks good guy” and there’s always a SC looking to dip his toes into strategic poo poo. You literally don’t have to put up with this kind of thing.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 19, 2023

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Personally, if Asher and the rest of the brain trust who are supposed to be leading THE IMPERIUM don't want any bad publicity affecting THE IMPERIUM, they would kick brisc

ftfy

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 19, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

fix your BB code!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
Yeah I am actually kind surprised the imperium didn't change their name after mittens turned out to be a sexpest? like people were extremely meh on the name in the first place why stick with it when it has so much negative history associated with it?

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Lady Militant posted:

Yeah I am actually kind surprised the imperium didn't change their name after mittens turned out to be a sexpest? like people were extremely meh on the name in the first place why stick with it when it has so much negative history associated with it?

it is / has been something that's actively considered, asher has asked elysium about interest in other names multiple times including on fireside

might be getting pushbook from the dumb pubbies

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Chuckleflub Coalition

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Change the name to Space Goons: A Delta Sqad Joint

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lady Militant posted:

they should try Goonicef next, bringing "help" to all of New Eden

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Redditswarm, truth in advertising

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

wait what did brisc do this time?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Slobbered all over mitanni on his eve show for some amount of hours.

Mitanni was a guest or something. I didn't actually watch it

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

floppyspud posted:

wait what did brisc do this time?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1981073030

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Doesn’t brisc own that twitch channel and can do whatever he wants on it?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

They could ask but the current ownership could also tell them to pound sand. I say rename “The Imperium” to something less stupid.

It was always one of the dumbest options.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Sickening posted:

Yeah but if you let him stay in your space empire kinda looks like you fully approve of him and his messages.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Sickening posted:

he does not but even he did it doesn't mean he is entitled to any less backlash or criticism, he can do whatever he wants including chug piss

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

He's a member of imperium

He broadcasts on the imperium news network

But he doesn't represent or speak for the imperium. Honestly. It's technically a separate entity and there's literally nothing anyone can do about any of this.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

psilocybin laden posted:

it is / has been something that's actively considered, asher has asked elysium about interest in other names multiple times including on fireside

might be getting pushbook from the dumb pubbies

understandable, they should hurry up on that tho.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

It was always one of the dumbest options.

We don't always agree, but when we do we're often right.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Yeah but if you let him stay in your space empire kinda looks like you fully approve of him and his messages.

this is one thing i think current administration should do is kick people like this with a bit of impunity, that's one holdover we should've kept from previous admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

it was a point I tried to make, but probably failed, to Jinx last night. it's okay for BARVE leadership to say "gently caress Mittani", but when the Imperium's mouthpiece has him on, and *especially* when Imperium leadership didn't even condemn Mittani when the shitshow went down, well it rings kind of hollow