Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

StarkRavingMad posted:

At this point I only read this thread and the one about CM Punk getting elbow dropped in the balls.

Pape was good, Swerve and Hangman was an all timer sicko match and Ospreay is an enormous get even if we all knew it was coming. And I popped huge for spooky witch Julia finally getting a belt.

I was hoping that after Julia won the belt, that when she walked up the ramp, the lights would go out, come back on with the rest of The House of Black supporting her, then the lights go out, come back on, and they're all gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Hello fellow hooters and hollerers, finally breaking the seal and posting in here. Pape was great, enjoyed making jokes on Discord during it, woke up today and still smiling from a great show.

Erin M. Fiasco

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Multiple things to both hoot and holler about last night, but let's not forget to hoot and holler about Stat suplexing everyone over and over and over again. What a fantastic title run and a great way to end it as well.

Also, just some advice, if you ever start to feel bogged down by people neither hooting nor hollering, remember to scroll faster, put folks on ignore, and keep in mind that in the end this is a forum full of disparate people who all want something different in their wrestling, and in the end no one is personally attacking you over your preferred flavor of fake fake fighting and most aren't actively trying to ruin your day. Try to be chill with each other and hoot and holler responsibly. If that means sticking to this thread and a handful of others, so be it.

How sick is it that we're gonna get Ospreay full-time once we get into the Revolution cycle?? Just his entrance theme amps me up like no other.

Quantum of Phallus

It’s not fake

Sandman from ECW

Remember the time Hangman drank Swerves blood

I think that’s the hardest I’ve ever hooted and/or hollered in my entire drat life

neoaxd

Sandman McMahon posted:

I think that’s the hardest I’ve ever hooted and/or hollered in my entire drat life

maybe the best spot in AEW's history

Sandman from ECW

neoaxd posted:

Someone had to have the idea to do it in the first place, and then everyone else involved had to go “yep I think that’s a good idea” and then they did it. And that’s just fuckin wild, man

Shard

Swerve adapting to the staples like the Borg and then doing it to himself was the sickest poo poo of all time.

Quantum of Phallus

neoaxd posted:

Sandman from ECW

I didn’t think Swerve could be any cooler but becoming a stapleborg just might do it

Big Coffin Hunter

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hangman is the best goddamn wrestler alive and I won't hear otherwise!

neoaxd

Here's an idea: Hangman drinks MJF's blood next.

Quantum of Phallus

Sandman McMahon posted:

I didn’t think Swerve could be any cooler but becoming a stapleborg just might do it

He’s the coolest guy in AEW

Shard

AEW is full of guys I love and want to see pushed to the moon. Probably the most in any company at any one point. The main event is cold for me right now but everything else is red hot especially swerve.

Ivypls

there's like a dozen guys who every time they have a match i'm like "that guy needs a world title run" and that's cool

On The Internet

I want Swerve to break into my house and leave me a tee-shirt

graph

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

I think it'll get lost in the amazingness that was the ladder match and the deathmatch but the three way dance for the tbs title was my favorite womens match of the year and one of the best three way matches that AEW has ever done.

it loving ripped

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

How sick is it that we're gonna get Ospreay full-time once we get into the Revolution cycle??

i still cant wrap my head around it

like it's gonna be a wednesday night and there'll be a darby vs will match lol

Alaois

My father isn't fake

graph

aaag peanuts
the patriarchys new entrance lol

super macho dude

Super quick Final Gear thoughts:

Nigel Mcguinness is greatest color commentary currently active.

Darby getting chokeslammed out of the ring a few hours before he flies out to Nepal and climb a big stupid mountain that's already killed 12 people just this season is the most Darby thing I've seen yet.

That Code Blue Skye gave Statlander looked insanely good and I literally jumped off my couch and hooted and hollered loud enough to scare my cats and embarress my kid. Also match ruled and super happy Julia won something, she deserves it.

Hangman drinking Swerve's blood in front of 13000 fans shocked even a guy who is desensitized to anything I've seen on IWC:NHB. What an incredible goddamn match.

Main event was great for what it was, even if complete unnecessary & overbooked. Jay White winning would have cool but we NEED TO FINISH THE STORY DAMNIT (me hollerin)

Pape was great, can't wait until the next one

graph

aaag peanuts

super macho dude posted:

nigel has been on a goddamn tear

motherbox

neoaxd posted:

Had a really interesting girlfriend test on that one. She’s a casual AEW fan and a very rare drug user, and she decided to load up on edibles since I cooked up a feast for the show. Her reactions to every other match on the card, depending on quality or interest in the people involved, were:

1) General interest combined with vaguely nonsensical comments
2) Playing whatever Peggle rip-off she plays

Hangman and Swerve unlocked a secret third reaction:

3) A light yelp every time a staple went in until Hangman went sicko vampire, followed by twenty minutes of :stare:. This morning she said it was the best wrestling match she’s ever seen.

She was really confused during the main event though and I don’t really blame her.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

graph posted:

nigel has been on a goddamn tear

Madness eventually claims every AEW commentator and they're always better for it.

Prokhor Zakharov

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
flipping my scrawl filled notebook to a page labeled "Hangman - Vampire??" and underlining furiously

Hoss Corncave

super macho dude posted:

Nigel has seemingly gone the Taz route of starting out in small roles and then becoming very good and ending up on PPVs.

Basically the opposite of Kevin Kelly.

Shard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_57WHrNLdQw&t=5s

ChrisBTY

this glorious monument

I want to see Mox at the desk again. He's great at it even if you can only put him on papes because he has a potty mouth.
And in terms of character I also love that as harsh as BCC's training is he's genuinely invested in Yuta's future and doesn't get pissed off when he loses.
"It's not about the wins and losses today, it's about the wins and losses 2-3 years down the line"
Or when he threw in the towel in blood and guts because Hangman was going sicko mode on Yuta and had the Bucks and Kenny to help him.

On Nigel: I usually hate heel commentators and I think he lays the act on a little thick sometimes but he's just charming in a way previous heel commentators in wrestling arn't.
Not even Bobby Heenan. But then again I can't really compare visceral reactions I have today vs the reactions I had when I was 12.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 20, 2023

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Clamdigger

Quantum of Phallus

i want him to be champ again

Quantum of Phallus

imagine hanger v danielson maining a PPV in a cage match :pray:

post hole digger

Quantum of Phallus posted:

neoaxd

ChrisBTY

this glorious monument

You and me both. His first run lacked a little bit of luster. I'm not sure why. He had the Danielson matches, he had the Texas Deathmatch with Archer. He murdered Adam Cole.
I think it's because Hangman works best as a character when he's badly wronged or pissed off at himself. When he's on top of the world and taking all comers the gimmick flounders.

super macho dude

Hangman losing the deathmatch, the Elite breaking up, none of his friends came out to help him....

Sounds like the Hanger is going through some dark times, perhaps he needs a Father Figure to help show him the way :getin:

Shard

Big Coffin Hunter

He will be after he wins the title from Swerve

Shard

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
should be in the OP as the official image of the thread

Shard

Done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox

Apparently overbooked melodrama is like catnip for me, because when Adam Cole was thinking of throwing in the towel (awesome setup for that btw) and continually feeding Jay White weapons I was absolutely invested in the story.

I’m going to mention Survivor Series ‘98 but for no real reason.