Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Air Skwirl posted:

Cap and Logan fought together in WW2, killing Nazis with another man creates a bond.

Captain America is the greatest booster in the Marvel Universe. He is ride or die with all his friends, he sees the best in everybody...but he doesn't do it while denying who they are. Is Logan a bit dark, maybe with a slight serial killer edge? Sure, but he's fundamentally a well meaning person who is trying his best, and Steve is here for him without judgement.

Also Steve is biologically incapable of getting drunk, so hey. Good drinking buddy for a depressive with a healing factor.

As lovely as the whole Secret Empire event was, it's fundamentally hilarious that the most successful Nazi scheme of all time is to take unlimited power and go "gently caress it, Captain America is ours", and then they won. Everyone wants Steve on their side, it's just a sign things are going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that Orchis knew Cap wouldn't hesitate in joining the X-Men and believing them so they had to try to take him out at the same time as well as make a contingency plan in case that didn't work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mulva posted:

Also Steve is biologically incapable of getting drunk, so hey. Good drinking buddy for a depressive with a healing factor.
This is funny because Wolverine is also biologically incapable of getting drunk

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
https://twitter.com/EmmaTalksComics/status/1724674258423668997

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also Noriko was kinda Islamophobic and that could be awkward.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Not sure why Prodigy is worried. I'm assuming those relationships are speedruns so they wouldn't last long

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I already broke up with you 30 minutes ago

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It's Wednesday, Immortal 17 spoiler warning.

The "it" that Destiny is referring to is something new, right? I don't think she's had some awareness of a presence or something watching her before this. We're definitely supposed to assume it's the Dominion, whether or not that's a misdirect.

Exodus... my man. I was not even entirely sure who the guy was before Immortal started and now I would die for him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was a bit surprised the Sinister doesn't know Mother Righteous is the other Sinister

Caros
May 14, 2008

Nah, it'd be weird if it wasn't a dominion.

Irene was pretty much filled in on Sinister's plan. And she was clearly able to see more or less to the end of sins of sinister. She knows that he doesn't win, but one of them does. Being outside tie and space is presumably the one place it can't see what she is doing, which would allow her to make plans.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Love to be interrupted in the middle of a book (Uncanny Spider-Man 4) by a blank page telling me the events of that page will be revealed in a different book next month.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a pity that they are putting out a book called x-men blue starring nightcrawler and maybe mystique while archangel and beast are unavailable. maybe maggot will show up?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
"I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do is be really -expletive- -expletive-"

Even mind-ghost sinister still has the stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sephyr posted:

"I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do is be really -expletive- -expletive-"

Even mind-ghost sinister still has the stuff.

Gillen was born to write Sinister.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a pity that they are putting out a book called x-men blue starring nightcrawler and maybe mystique while archangel and beast are unavailable. maybe maggot will show up?

It’s going to be Nightcrawler’s definitive origin. There’s a good chance we’re getting the Mystique is the daddy story.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think if it turned out that Destiny is actually Kurt's Mom (and Mystique is his dad) then that might makes her worse than Raven?

Mystique still throws him to the wolves with only some tertiary regrets that she brushes off with ease, but that'd mean Destiny had the kid knowing full well all that poo poo would happen... although she might also know that he turns out fine, which I could see being the exact kind of justification that she and Raven would have for not giving a poo poo

man precogs is awful people

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Precognition is all probability, she peeped around in the future and went, "look, in 95% of these timelines he's a swashbuckling priest, sure there's one where he gets turned into the dragon mount of alternate alternate Jean Grey, but..."

:xcom:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Love to be interrupted in the middle of a book (Uncanny Spider-Man 4) by a blank page telling me the events of that page will be revealed in a different book next month.
For any obsessive nerds paying too much attention, there's a seemingly throwaway moment in this issue that gives a very big clue about what that revelation is going to be.

...Well, a bigger clue than the big clues that they've already given, anyway.

"Y chromosome present," eh? :allears:

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Finally read House of X fully and, not to be the "why wasn't there a grate on the Death Star exhaust port" guy, but

Wouldn't sending loving Magneto into the Mother Molda have made it trivial as a mission? Wrench clamps, push it into the sun, be back in time for the next luau.

Seems smarter that sending, um, -adjusts glasses- "guy with wings".

Also curious to finally learn what got Moira to turn.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Sephyr posted:

Wouldn't sending loving Magneto into the Mother Molda have made it trivial as a mission? Wrench clamps, push it into the sun, be back in time for the next luau.

Somewhere in the comics following HoX (X-Force maybe?) there's a list of all the different attacks they've done and they include Magneto trying his thing. Don't remember why he failed.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Maybe someone can explain what the situation is post-gala. This is how I understand it:

Mother Righteous put the Atlantic island of Krakoa into one of her glowing balls. I'm pretty sure this happened during or after the gala? I don't think there are any mutants living in there.

Initially, it seemed that the mutants who went through the gateways were sent to a desert. Did ANY of the mutants who went through the gateways end up on Arakko?

We just learned that the desert is actually the white hot room and also the afterlife? So the mutants who went to the gateway DID die? But since the white hot room is also the afterlife Jean was able to save everyone? She died at the gala but ended up in the desert because it's the white hot room. Or would they would have ended up there anyway?

The white hot room exists outside time and space which is why Destiny's powers don't really work, which is what Mother Righteous wanted. So did she know what was going to happen when they went through the gateways? Was this knowledge from the Sins of Sinister timeline?

Everyone is still in the white hot room butother righteous seems to be in control of Jean.

What happens to mutants who die in the white hot room? If Destiny's knife would is fatal where does she go?

Am I missing or misunderstanding anything? I know a lot of these questions haven't been answered yet but wanted to make sure.

Also, is the Sinister that appeared to Chuck the DNA part of Sinister that is still in him OR is Chuck talking to Sinister telepathically in the pit?

God I love X-Men stories

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All the mutants that went through the gates except for the group that went with Curse went to the White Hot Room. This also seems to be where Mother Righteous took Krakoa Atlantic, and she was the one who changed the gates to do that.

The White Hot Room is outside of time and space and home to the Phoenix, where it incubates until it's reborn. Jean is connected to the Phoenix which is why she's there after she was killed.

Everything else we're still kind of learning. I think it's kind of a mess to be honest and not really completely understanding it.

I liked the Xavier and Sinister stuff a lot more. That was Xavier talking to the Sinister that was still inside of him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mother righteous sucks. whatever plan she might have had before, she's ditched it to abduct jean.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Being in a place outside time and space is pretty much their best bet of murdering that Dominion though. It'll probably turn out okay. Maybe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stasis and orbus are spinning their wheels while righteous is elbow deep in the guts of the universe. if the apotheosis is happening soon i know who my money is on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Orbis of course.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The unanswered question with Orbis is if he's there because he's the one who ends up becoming the Dominion or if he's there because there's four suits in a deck of cards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Destiny knew that Mother Righteous was a Sinister. She also seemed to be trying to tell her that the Dominion couldn't see her (Destiny). So that leads me to believe it's actually either Orbis or Stasis.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Stasis just seems too similar to Sinister, personality-wise, for me to believe that he's a legitimate contender. I'd believe that he would turn on ORCHIS to try and attain godhood, but he'd do it at the exact wrong time and get shanked in the back. He can't help doing stupid poo poo and betraying people because, like Sinister, he wants to appear more clever than he actually is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rochallor posted:

Stasis just seems too similar to Sinister, personality-wise, for me to believe that he's a legitimate contender. I'd believe that he would turn on ORCHIS to try and attain godhood, but he'd do it at the exact wrong time and get shanked in the back. He can't help doing stupid poo poo and betraying people because, like Sinister, he wants to appear more clever than he actually is.

But he's also closest to Moira and Nimrod and Omega Sentinel who would probably be legit in knowing how to ascend to become a Dominion, and we know he's made deals with Stasis and Mother Righteous so even if he is a fuckup, there's a chance he might not!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Mother Righteous always impressed me as being the smartest one but also the one most likely to trip right at the finish line for overlooking something basic, and the latest issue seems to be headed in that direction.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's said that the majority of her power comes from the trust people have in her cause. Stabbing someone and leaving witnesses might dent that.

gotta say that the dominion's ball of grids depiction is kinda lacking somewhat

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 24, 2023

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So I am still a little confused. The Kwannon Psylocke is only telepathic and not telekinetic because I have not seen her use a telekinetic sword. and Betsy Braddock who is now Captain Britain may be both telepathic and telekinetic because she makes a telekinetic sword and shield and I have read her telepathically talking to Rachel?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
At one point in the early 2000s Betsy (in Kwannon's body) and Jean Grey switched powers so that Betsy was telekinetic and Jean was telepathic (allegedly as some kind of tie-in to the movies?). I think this was resolved by both of them just having both powers, as this is the kind of this writers tend to lose track of. No clue as to how any of this matters now that Betsy is in her original body; are psychic powers based in the body or in the mind? Who knows? The psychic knife was something Betsy only started doing once she was a ninja, so maybe she just took those skills with her when she got back to her own body.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Rochallor posted:

At one point in the early 2000s Betsy (in Kwannon's body) and Jean Grey switched powers so that Betsy was telekinetic and Jean was telepathic (allegedly as some kind of tie-in to the movies?). I think this was resolved by both of them just having both powers, as this is the kind of this writers tend to lose track of. No clue as to how any of this matters now that Betsy is in her original body; are psychic powers based in the body or in the mind? Who knows? The psychic knife was something Betsy only started doing once she was a ninja, so maybe she just took those skills with her when she got back to her own body.

Cool beans thank you - I think Rachel was the one who told Betsy that she can destroy a mountian with her mind but could not gently move a dime. Think it was during M day.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Is the most recent issue of realm of x supposed to be radically different looking? It's off putting to me and I wasn't really enjoying the first two to begin with

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The art has been real bad from the jump and is only getting worse.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
No joke. I can excuse a lot for style but come the gently caress on.

Coming back to comics after 18+ years I'm often impressed at how much the art advanced, but sometimes it just does a swerve.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So I am still a little confused. The Kwannon Psylocke is only telepathic and not telekinetic because I have not seen her use a telekinetic sword. and Betsy Braddock who is now Captain Britain may be both telepathic and telekinetic because she makes a telekinetic sword and shield and I have read her telepathically talking to Rachel?

Are we sure we're not confusing telekinetic swords with the focused totality of psychic powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

rantmo posted:

The art has been real bad from the jump and is only getting worse.

I can't argue against that but this one was ....woof