Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

At least the Ducks are better! Please enjoy Radko Gudas and Frank Vatrano.

They have been surprisingly competent and have made me happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why do Staley, KOC, and Ben Johnson all look like they’re related

Especially Staley and KOC

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/DaShawnWSOC9/status/1726672358663172205?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stay in lockstep. Follow the gameplan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

can't fire reich until they agree upon his NDA about who REALLY wanted to draft Bryce Young (it was nicole.)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I think there is going to be a total front office house cleaning and think the new GM will want his own guy

Inshallah

But also it would be nice for Herbie to have support and also the same offensive system for multiple seasons

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
All you can say at that point. What do you expect him to say, that this poo poo is breaking his soul and has crushed his will to live and all he longs for now is to shuffle off this mortal coil as expediently as possible?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pete Carroll - John Schneider.

Not on the hot seat… but should they be?

They have constant success in terms of above .500 win-loss and reaching the playoffs. They have constant failure of immediately losing in the playoffs.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Video of Rex Ryan just openly shittalking Staley on the front page of ESPN this morning. Thats gotta be a The End is Nigh moment for Brandon if a fellow former NFL head coach isn’t even giving him “fellow coach fraternity respect” anymore right?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would wager that Bill likes the idea of playing for a "classic" NFL franchise like Washington. Might give them the edge over the Panthers or Chargers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

I think there is going to be a total front office house cleaning and think the new GM will want his own guy

Can we clean out the owners too? Let me run the team.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Why the gently caress is Reich and eberflush still employed lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If Reich goes, who would go work for Tepper? Like, yeah, yeah, few people are gonna turn down a head coaching opportunity given the $$ you can make. But people like Ben Johnson are in enough prospective demand that they're not gonna blow their one shot on a job that's liable to get them fired within a year.

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

If Reich goes, who would go work for Tepper? Like, yeah, yeah, few people are gonna turn down a head coaching opportunity given the $$ you can make. But people like Johnson or Bieniemy are in enough demand that they're not gonna blow their one shot on a job that's liable to get them fired within a year.

Each opening is still highly sought after. Doesn't matter who the owner is. Dan Synder never had problems hiring a coach.

No one thinks they'll be the ones fired.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

If Reich goes, who would go work for Tepper? Like, yeah, yeah, few people are gonna turn down a head coaching opportunity given the $$ you can make. But people like Ben Johnson are in enough prospective demand that they're not gonna blow their one shot on a job that's liable to get them fired within a year.

Bienemy would be a good hire since he’s a good offensive coach who cannot get a HC job no matter how much he tries.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Each opening is still highly sought after. Doesn't matter who the owner is. Dan Synder never had problems hiring a coach.

No one thinks they'll be the ones fired.

Yep, coaches are egotistical enough to take the job. Plus Tepper would probably overpay if he needed to.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm not saying Carolina is going to have trouble filling the spot, I'm saying they might not be able to take their pick of the litter.

Remember the Texans hiring Culley?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Inshallah

But also it would be nice for Herbie to have support and also the same offensive system for multiple seasons

If it was up to me, Staley would be out and Moore would already be interim HC

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Yep, coaches are egotistical enough to take the job. Plus Tepper would probably overpay if he needed to.

Don't think it's so much ego as... outside of Ben Johnson or Belichick looking to sail into retirement, who isn't one bad year away from falling out of contention for a gig?

If you're 57 year old Jim Schwartz and the Panthers come a calling are you not jumping at that gig?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I would wager that Bill likes the idea of playing for a "classic" NFL franchise like Washington. Might give them the edge over the Panthers or Chargers.

It's the Giants. Bill has openly admired the Maras and that franchise, and the Maras would lap it up like loving dogs.

Nov 6, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

It's the Giants. Bill has openly admired the Maras and that franchise, and the Maras would lap it up like loving dogs.

I don't think it's in the Giants DNA to fire Daboll this year. That would be too undignified.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not saying Carolina is going to have trouble filling the spot, I'm saying they might not be able to take their pick of the litter.

Remember the Texans hiring Culley?

After Culley and Lovie Smith the Texans were still able to get DeMeco Ryans.

Head coaching spots, no matter how bad of a situation, are always coveted.

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Night of Short Drives

The 3rd & Long Reich

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kirios posted:

Yeah, there's only so many openings per year, and even if you flame out, you can always go back to being a coordinator or whatever it was you were doing beforehand. And if you don't want that, then there's always a college in need of a HC

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Didn't Ben Johnson already say thanks but no thanks to Tepper?

This was from January and Johnson subsequently turned him down.

quote:

The buzz in league circles is that Tepper is enamored with Johnson, whose innovative schemes helped the Lions finish fifth in the NFL in scoring offense and total offense in his first season as offensive coordinator. Johnson’s a sharp guy — with degrees from UNC in math and computer science — so you’d have to think he’s going to nail his interview this week. The 36-year-old Johnson, who was the Lions’ tight ends coach in 2021, is an in-demand candidate. The Asheville, N.C., native has interviewed with the Texans and Colts, but Tepper proved three years ago with Matt Rhule he’s not going to be outbid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Didn't Ben Johnson already say thanks but no thanks to Tepper?

This was from January and Johnson subsequently turned him down.

More likely that he was being interviewed to see how he would fit on Reichs voltron coaching staff.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Kirios posted:

The general impression I get is that it does happen, but a lot of the time owners are getting saved from their worst instincts. The guys who the owners covet and are not the guys we talk about in this thread about being good candidates.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress did I do to you

It would be funny

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Yeah get Bowen the gently caress up out of here. I knew it was bad but didn’t realize it was this bad. The roster is not good but dude has had two good years, all of which he had jim Schwartz on his staff as his “defensive quality control” weed carrier

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress did I do to you

I hope the Chargers someday get competent coaching because even with no attachment to the team it’s depressing to see so many cool and good players wasted year after year

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I don't think it's in the Giants DNA to fire Daboll this year. That would be too undignified.

I thought this was in response to the idea of "what if all teams fired their HCs and started over." I also don't think Daboll is getting canned.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Noted Good Coach Dan Cambell:

Fired dysfunctional OC in his first year
Fired dysfunctional Secondary coach in his second year

Also took full accountability for his own mistakes as he made them throughout.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I hope the Chargers someday get competent coaching because even with no attachment to the team it’s depressing to see so many cool and good players wasted year after year

I think I am numb at this point but I would like to be surprised

Nov 6, 2002

Hizawk posted:

Noted Good Coach Dan Cambell:

Fired dysfunctional OC in his first year
Fired dysfunctional Secondary coach in his second year

Also took full accountability for his own mistakes as he made them throughout.

Learning to fire your friends who suck is an important step to becoming a good coach.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Monday gonna be delicious

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

I'm an Angels fan

Lol gently caress. Well... same.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Lol gently caress. Well... same.

Luckily I've quit baseball entirely and the Angels are the reason. They can't hurt me anymore

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Staley throws the secondary under the bus.

https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1726757483161514147?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If the Chargers hired Bill your definitely getting McDaniels as your OC because Bill knows him already and he's basically free cause Vegas is paying him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Nodoze posted:

If the Chargers hired Bill your definitely getting McDaniels as your OC because Bill knows him already and he's basically free cause Vegas is paying him.

Yeah yeah, but who's picking the players?