Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

psilocybin laden posted:

this is one thing i think current administration should do is kick people like this with a bit of impunity, that's one holdover we should've kept from previous admin

Previous admin didn't do poo poo about things like this unless it got so messy they couldn't ignore it. The best you had was Deadtear gagging someone and or goons trolling the person into quitting. The Mittani was over focused on "Schismatics" and believed anyone making noise was a threat to his power and those people got kicked like a motherfucker. This really isn't the same thing.

If I was counting on fingers and toes the number of overt racists/sexists/sex pests you name it that regularly got booted from sub groups (Squads/Sigs) yet never from the organization as a whole I'd have to take my socks off and that's just in the greater "Leadership". If we counted line members I'd have to draft my wife and my pets into the counting equation.

I can't stress this enough in other games I've done the admin/boss work for the correlation of people "I kicked out for bigotry" and "Was a member/j4g of goonswarm" was 1 to 1. Now don't get me wrong a lot of my best players were also old goonfleet hands, but a lot of my best players also had never played Eve, but the ones I kicked? Always someone from GSF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

psilocybin laden posted:

it is / has been something that's actively considered, asher has asked elysium about interest in other names multiple times including on fireside

might be getting pushbook from the dumb pubbies

Asher put it up to a vote in one of his first firesides, it was a resounding "no" from the line at the time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's also assuming that the votes aren't rigged. Like the very first one almost no one I actually interacted with thought the name was good but somehow it won bigly

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Just take any vote not from Goonwaffe and chuck it in the trash. I'm willing to bet the 7 votes you have that actually matter won't be for "The Imperium"

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I nominate Team Racecar

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Imperium is a dumb name but its been in use for nearly a decade and probably has too much inertia to change.

Something like Commonwealth is a more apt name, but even thats dumb.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Horsebanger posted:

Something like Commonwealth is a more apt name

rename it Massachusetts and I'll join up

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Masshole Coalition.

DeathRay50Kw
Sep 22, 2023

by Athanatos
Eve-Online was really great a long time ago. It's still good, i made a megathron. I found that some orders were below cost? I is dus got what? It costs about 400 mil to make one, but hundreds of orders at 395 million?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxJ6GpHS9c&t=437s

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DeathRay50Kw posted:

Eve-Online was really great a long time ago. It's still good, i made a megathron. I found that some orders were below cost? I is dus got what? It costs about 400 mil to make one, but hundreds of orders at 395 million?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxJ6GpHS9c&t=437s

"If I mine the materials myself it's free"

DeathRay50Kw
Sep 22, 2023

by Athanatos

Rhymenoserous posted:

"If I mine the materials myself it's free"

What if they didn't?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

a real rude dude posted:

I reinstalled this game after like ten years of inactivity yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing, half a billion in the bank, no assets but a strong need to fly and spin spaceships.

I've changed my mind.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Horsebanger posted:

Imperium is a dumb name but its been in use for nearly a decade and probably has too much inertia to change.

Something like Commonwealth is a more apt name, but even thats dumb.

What if it was a coalition of clusterfucks?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

BigPaddy posted:

What if it was a coalition of clusterfucks?

What if all those alliances disbanded today

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

floppyspud posted:

What if all those alliances disbanded today

Clusterfuck Crematorium

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

imperium stinks karttoon was right free elusif

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

40 lbs to freedom posted:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

DeathRay50Kw posted:

Buying materials with buy orders instead of from existing sell orders combined with the industrial citadels could give you a slim profit margin maybe but prob just people either offloading older stores or being dumb about mining/sourcing a bunch of mats thinking it's free money saved.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

PathAsc posted:

Clusterfuck Crematorium

this is an underrated post, and seconded

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If we had to change the name from CFC then Over Reaction Coalition was the obvious choice.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
I've been issued an eviction notice from my corp for the crime of talking to other corps in the alliance

The screenshots in question?

rofl and lmao

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Lorem ipsum posted:

I've been issued an eviction notice from my corp for the crime of talking to other corps in the alliance

... snip

rofl and lmao

Big time Cobra Kai vibes from the corp description

Corporation: Comply or Die
> We do not train to be merciful here, mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you in space he is your enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Dirac Fourier posted:

Big time Cobra Kai vibes from the corp description

Corporation: Comply or Die
> We do not train to be merciful here, mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you in space he is your enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

yea it retrospect this was the expected ending. Turns out it was a mining corp

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lorem ipsum posted:

rofl and lmao

job inteview rear end game

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So I just re-subbed after 2 years. It is hard to believe I have been playing this game off and on for 17 years... it makes me feel old as gently caress. This was my longest break by far and this time I am completely loving lost--though I am glad to see CCP still is hard at work making sure the UI of EVE is confusing as gently caress.

By the way, so I noticed that "light fighters" is suddenly a thing. Imagine my confusion when my main which is a perfectly skilled Nyx and Hel pilot seems to have been awarded light fighters V, but my Aeon pilot alt where the only difference was she was trained only in Amarr carriers was not awarded it... meaning when I logged into her I could no longer use my fighters.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

ZombieLenin posted:

-though I am glad to see CCP still is hard at work making sure the UI of EVE is confusing as gently caress.

They have to keep the game exciting somehow

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
What's the current meta/scuttlebutt on T3Cs and WH relic hunting?

I cannot for the life of me get a Tengu to feel right with a cloak, nullifier module, and weapons without needing to go blingy. Is this as design. It's frustrating to spend that much for such a mediocre tank just because of a relic analyzer and lack of mids.

Same with the Loki. I'm sacrificing a lot if I want to be able to probe out sides. I'm new to this whole fangled WH thing, but I like the ISK/reward equation (when flying a Buzzard) and the whole feeling of quietly strolling through the great beyond that WH space provides.

I don't have Amarr/Gallente Frigate/Cruiser V so those fancy SoE ships are in my periphery at this point.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

If you're relic hunting a t3c is overkill.

You're paying a ridiculous premium to what? Scare off lone dictors?

Any actual t3c will smoke you cause you're by definition weaker having given up at least a midslot and worse if you nullify too. And anyone with a gang nearby will smoke you too.

Just use a covops like a sensible person

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

You're paying a ridiculous premium to what? Scare off lone dictors?

Any actual t3c will smoke you cause you're by definition weaker having given up at least a midslot and worse if you nullify too. And anyone with a gang nearby will smoke you too.

Just use a covops like a sensible person

I do like the idea of mobile depot >> swap for different goal, but you're right. If I want to relic hunt, stick with a covops.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

You could also pick a pvp fit of your choice and then mobile depo the point out for a relic analyser if you really wanted.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
It's pretty much impossible to catch and kill me if I'm in Tengu fitted for exploration if I maintain awareness of my surroundings (the ~4.X second align time helps), but it's impossible for me to defend myself as well -- while costing 100 times more than just a standard covops. Who would do that, spend a hundred times more for a bigger boat that does nothing very well. The bard of EVE.

I would have thought T3Cs costs would have gone down in 10 years and the removal of one subsystem but that's just wishful thinking.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Lorem ipsum posted:

rofl and lmao

Huh, I was thinking of joining them when I was in horde at the start of this year, thanks for letting me know they’re not an option.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

A Bad King posted:

It's pretty much impossible to catch and kill me if I'm in Tengu fitted for exploration if I maintain awareness of my surroundings (the ~4.X second align time helps), but it's impossible for me to defend myself as well -- while costing 100 times more than just a standard covops. Who would do that, spend a hundred times more for a bigger boat that does nothing very well. The bard of EVE.

I would have thought T3Cs costs would have gone down in 10 years and the removal of one subsystem but that's just wishful thinking.

T3cs are great, just not optimal in pirate relic sites.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

When all you want to fly is a sad pile of subsystems, every relic can might as well be a Buzzard.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
So wait a minute...

Goons are still signing up from SA and playing eve? Even after de-mittening and the great shun of 202x-whenever?

(honest question, I'm genuinely surprised if so)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There's probably less than a dozen SA goons in GSF at this point, most of us are in Goosefleet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

floppyspud posted:

Huh, I was thinking of joining them when I was in horde at the start of this year, thanks for letting me know they’re not an option.

Honestly being in pee horde has been great other than the corp. Blessed Bean is great, join that one.