Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tie me to the bow and ram me into Tel-Aviv. I am ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Israel has successfully begun to exhaust people on the death toll, it will probably get worse and people will care less

Hate to be negative but that was the exact trajectory of Syria and Iraq

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

Pookah posted:

Edit: never mind, gently caress this burger-rear end thread.

The US is the single worst loving country that has ever existed, and its citizens are an expression of that profound shittiness.

DTA
DTI

Don't let the yankee pigdogs get you down.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

weird, why is it not 60 Palestinians each day under those terms

Hamas is going to point out the math error and Israel is going to say: "See?!?! They just don't want to accept any deals!"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I work with a dude who lost his arm and he has to keep it in cold storage until he dies. It's literally been decades of this

Wild rear end pharaoh logic where you have to be buried with your original organs in canopic jars because you drank too hard and your liver shut down

In the movie "The Last Emperor" when all the palace eunuchs are being kicked out of the palace they are carrying jars with them and so when the emperor's girlfriend asks what's going on he responds with, "No matter what their crimes are they still deserve to buried whole" or something to that effect.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

VoicesCanBe posted:

So what's up with this temporary ceasefire, does it involve Israel withdrawing troops out of Gaza? Will Israel actually respect it?

no and no

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

israel routinely breaks ceasefires all the time

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU
https://twitter.com/EllenGabriel1/status/1726427324852150305

https://twitter.com/smoustart/status/1722808983587557873

https://twitter.com/smoustart/status/1726065383222693934

https://twitter.com/layahimalaya/status/1724635541524873262

Just some nice work coming from art twitter.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can anyone summarize the last few days? Haven't been able to muster the energy since I inadvertently watched some of the school aftermath video. That's probably not specific enough. Death to Israel.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

SplitSoul posted:

Can anyone summarize the last few days? Haven't been able to muster the energy since I inadvertently watched some of the school aftermath video. That's probably not specific enough. Death to Israel.

israel's attacked some more hospitals, most of those incubator babies survived and made it to egypt, the israelis have made moderate headway on the ground but have notably failed to deliver any convincing propaganda, hamas seems to be causing them real pain

also the houthis hijacked an israeli cargo ship using a video game style helicopter maneuver

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oh and hezbollah have stepped up their skirmishing on the northern border and are basically daring the israelis to respond to what would've been grounds for a full-blown invasion a couple of months ago

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

oh and hezbollah have stepped up their skirmishing on the northern border and are basically daring the israelis to respond to what would've been grounds for a full-blown invasion a couple of months ago

Israel blew up a school full of children.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

FlapYoJacks posted:

Israel blew up a school full of children.

yes but they always do that, it's their equivalent of throwing a tantrum

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

last estimate was over 6000+ under rubble

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Israel has successfully begun to exhaust people on the death toll, it will probably get worse and people will care less

Hate to be negative but that was the exact trajectory of Syria and Iraq

Even if that's the news cycle trajectory, Hamas and the others will keep fighting and winning, and that's what matters.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023
Dti

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
code:

https://x.com/Intel_Sky/status/1726730470702895605

quote:

Hezbollah fighters responded to the request of the Lebanese Christian actor Rodney Haddad yesterday, where he specifically asked the resistance to chant 'Ya Maryam Al-Adhraa' (Oh Virgin Mary) when launching each missile, just as they do with chants like 'Ya Zahraa,' 'Ya Sahib Al-Zaman.' This is so the actor feels like he is a part of this movement supporting Gaza.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:

Heartwarming.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Still kinda stumped by the Israeli spokes dude who just casually subtracted 200 corpses from their total because it turned out they were burned Hamas. How can I conclude anything but that Israel killed the vast majority of civilians from that? Lmao.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Asproigerosis posted:

Isn't this standard practice for America? Any disabled Abrams in the active field just get a bag of c4 thrown in the cockpit.

it's called DENYING THE ENEMY!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALhIxLe5_o

e] realtalk hucking some thermite or something in a vehicle that you had to abandon is usually for cooking radios or other crypto poo poo if you can't take it with you.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Pookah posted:

The 'reportedly' wasn't him telling us kids poo poo, it was contemporary news reports from the 1920s.
Why would a grandpa be telling tiny kids about violent poo poo they'd done 70 years earlier?
I don't want to get too detailed, but the man has a Wikipedia page detailing his actions at the time.

We've literally had the former Irish Minister for Justice call us on the phone to get info on what Grandad was up to.

We didn't tell him poo poo.

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
gonna remember that one

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

it's called DENYING THE ENEMY!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALhIxLe5_o

e] realtalk hucking some thermite or something in a vehicle that you had to abandon is usually for cooking radios or other crypto poo poo if you can't take it with you.

All those buttcoins lost, like tears in the rain

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I work with a dude who lost his arm and he has to keep it in cold storage until he dies. It's literally been decades of this

Wild rear end pharaoh logic where you have to be buried with your original organs in canopic jars because you drank too hard and your liver shut down

Why does it have to be in cold storage? He couldn’t just pickle it? That would be way cheaper.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Asproigerosis posted:

Isn't this standard practice for America? Any disabled Abrams in the active field just get a bag of c4 thrown in the cockpit.
Israel is probably doing it to tanks that lost one track and still have a full crew in them

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Asproigerosis posted:

It's mostly for the comms

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
Major Vice General Egirl Milka orders the Hannibal directive on his rear guard because they're lagging getting back to the border checkpoint and its like 5:03pm already

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Even if that's the news cycle trajectory, Hamas and the others will keep fighting and winning, and that's what matters.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

FirstnameLastname posted:

Major Vice General Egirl Milka

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:

Blessed

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What if Israel crowdsourced their tanks via tiktokhunnies doing npc streams from inside the tank?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They're not really making any effort to hide the fact that all the burned and mutilated bodies from Oct. 7th were blown up by the IAF and Israeli tanks. Openly admitting they shot at everything that moved because it's impossible to identify which vehicles have Hamas in them.

This stuff drives me crazy, because even among people who otherwise feel correctly about the nature of Israel's actions, I still feel like this idea isn't taken seriously (and probably never will be, because there will never be "hard" evidence for it).

Like I imagine that even someone like Norm Finklestein probably doesn't think that most 10/7 Israeli civilian victims were killed by the IDF. He would correctly point out that Hamas's actions are irrelevant to the crimes Israel is committing, but it's still a bit galling that people are even accepting the idea that Hamas did a bunch of atrocities on 10/7. I understand why they're doing it, but it's still frustrating.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
It's probably just 3.1 miles

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Willa Rogers posted:

The IOF should get tips from Hamas on blowing up their vehicles.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Odds are some Hamas soldiers did do atrocities, because soldiers are just Like that. Doesn't change that the IDF very likely killed a bunch of citizens as well.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Odds are some Hamas soldiers did do atrocities, because soldiers are just Like that. Doesn't change that the IDF very likely killed a bunch of citizens as well.

Odds are, shut the gently caress up. Hamas FTW

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Ytlaya posted:

This stuff drives me crazy, because even among people who otherwise feel correctly about the nature of Israel's actions, I still feel like this idea isn't taken seriously (and probably never will be, because there will never be "hard" evidence for it).

Like I imagine that even someone like Norm Finklestein probably doesn't think that most 10/7 Israeli civilian victims were killed by the IDF. He would correctly point out that Hamas's actions are irrelevant to the crimes Israel is committing, but it's still a bit galling that people are even accepting the idea that Hamas did a bunch of atrocities on 10/7. I understand why they're doing it, but it's still frustrating.

the “hard” evidence is the Israeli guncam footage from October 7th where they’re gunning down groups of people walking along the road and blasting vehicles.

now is it “hard” in the sense that one could prove definitively that the people in the video were Israelis and not Palestinians? only Israeli investigators could claim that, but it’s the investigators who admitted to the gunship mowing people down already.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

yeah the argument isn’t that Hamas has produced the first non-atrocity-committing army in the history of the species, it’s that they’re desperate, brutalized people living in a concentration camp and sometimes poo poo happens when people like that are given license to strike back. it wouldn’t justify Israel’s war of extermination even if all of the most outrageous Israeli claims about 10/7 were true, which of course they’re not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

plus there were those totally not-fake translations they found of hamas asking fair maidens to kindly discard their pantaloons.