Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Instagram is showing me The Worst Recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Escape From Noise posted:

Rauchbier brew day today.

Hell yeah rauchbier. How good does that malt smell?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Visions of Valerie posted:

Hell yeah rauchbier. How good does that malt smell?

The mash has less of a smokey smell than I expected but definitely very pungent.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

bagmonkey posted:

New leader is having me be his right hand man on stuff and getting me ready to be a product owner :cool:

sorry I'm not up to date on all these sex terms :confused:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It kills me that I routinely buy thousands of dollars worth of raw materials but that asking them to shell out less than 50 bucks for a pack of new lightbulbs so I can replace the one in the boil kettle is just way too expensive.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 21, 2023

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

TIP posted:

sorry I'm not up to date on all these sex terms :confused:

Woefully uninformed about the porkin meta

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

It kills me that I routinely buy thousands of dollars worth of raw materials but that asking them to shell out less than 50 bucks for a pack of new lightbulbs so I can replace the one in the boil kettle is just way too expensive.

Maybe if those lazy lightbulbs actually generated some profit instead of costing me money I’d invest in some :colbert:

~Business Genius

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Maybe if those lazy lightbulbs actually generated some profit instead of costing me money I’d invest in some :colbert:

~Business Genius

Working for a huge company is weird because ordering from "the list" is okay but anything that's not routinely purchased becomes a whole thing.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

At my old job, one of the stores i worked at didn't have an indoor trash compacter so we had to take the trash outside to the dumpsters by hand. This involved dragging several big plastic trash cans across the parking lot, which quickly wore out the bottoms of the trash cans. My manager went to Lowes to buy new cans after the old ones were so worn through they were unusable. Before she left I suggested she get the kind with wheels that attach to the bottoms, because then we'd never wear them out. She came back without the wheels and told me that getting the wheels would have added an extra like $40 per can. BUT it wasn't even her money, it was going to be reimbursed by the company! But she probably thought it would look bad to spend that much on trash cans all at once, even though it would have saved money in the long run (and made the employees' jobs easier, but companies never care about that sort of thing).

After she transferred away from that store, we ended up creating makeshift wheels by dismantling various large floor displays we didn't need, and even crappy makeshift wheels made that chore so much better. Managers are stupid.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah. It's even worse when it's management I pretty much never interact with at all. They're not even present at my workplace.

If I bug my direct manager he may be able to take care of it.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

"We're gonna make this town look like Stalingrad!" is maybe one of the best lines from any punk song ever.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

poo poo. OG of only 1.045 for the rauchbier! gently caress! Booo! BOOOOOOOO!

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

mornin pals, happy tuesday

https://i.imgur.com/Vn136rE.mp4

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Every time I think about how much beer we could sell with a halfway competent restaurant manager and a bar manager who would do regular social media updates and actually promote the beer,. along with upper management that didn't require this place to run promotions for macros and poo poo like Zima I die a little inside.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
How the gently caress is it only Tuesday?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Wednesday counts as Friday this week, so I guess it's like Thursday today. From a certain point of view.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

fartknocker posted:

god has abandoned us, friend

e. isn't thanksgiving the last thursday of november? what is this madness this year?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

It's why I'm drinking deep of The Whisky Anus

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

:weedass:, but it's "The Whisky Anus".

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

e. isn't thanksgiving the last thursday of november? what is this madness this year?

That's what I thought "[US] Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November" and yet it's not that this year, so what gives?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

:weedass:, but it's "The Whisky Anus".

Happy Whiskey Anus Tuesday my goon, and all the 5kpt

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

quote:

That's what I thought "[US] Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November" and yet it's not that this year, so what gives?

Welp, I am dumb, I knew this and forgot:

"Then in 1941, Roosevelt and Congress made another, more final update, calling for Thanksgiving to be observed on the fourth Thursday of November."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ruby Gloom posted:

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday of November. It just so happens that this year, November has 5 Thursdays.

redshirt posted:

Wednesday counts as Friday this week, so I guess it's like Thursday today. From a certain point of view.

:hmmyes:

Technically my office is open on Friday but I took that day off to watch football and play video games.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love to travel for non-thanksgiving related purposes this week. Internationally. It's the best time to go to Rome, for example. Great rates, not busy, and the weather is still pretty good.

I spent last Thanksgiving at an all expense paid place in Cancun. 13 days in a Honeymoon sweet! It was so decadent I felt embarrassed at times.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

I love to travel for non-thanksgiving related purposes this week. Internationally. It's the best time to go to Rome, for example. Great rates, not busy, and the weather is still pretty good.

I spent last Thanksgiving at an all expense paid place in Cancun. 13 days in a Honeymoon sweet! It was so decadent I felt embarrassed at times.

You shouldn't be embarrassed to go to Cancun

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

out of curiosity i looked up flight prices and a return flight to rome is £123 :dogstare: maybe i should flee the country for my birthday this year again :dogstare:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

out of curiosity i looked up flight prices and a return flight to rome is £123 :dogstare: maybe i should flee the country for my birthday this year again :dogstare:

Go for it! All the sights are mostly empty. I had the Vatican pretty much to myself for two days, it was amazing.

Another place I went to over Thanksgiving was Athens, and let me give a special shoutout to the island of Crete. Magical place.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You shouldn't be embarrassed to go to Cancun

It was so luxurious, I've never had such decadence. I had a butler! I doubt I ever see anything like that again.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

I think redshirt has it right, splurge a bit and yet on the more frugal side of things. We deserve to treat ourselves and each other well, so why not?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

It was so luxurious, I've never had such decadence. I had a butler! I doubt I ever see anything like that again.

Get a load o this guy, freakin King o England ovah here

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

redshirt posted:

I had the Vatican pretty much to myself for two days, it was amazing.

"Look at me, imma the pope!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Get a load o this guy, freakin King o England ovah here

Your margarita and nachos, my lord....

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:lmao: i can get a return flight to paris for FIFTY ONE POUNDS

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

:lmao: i can get a return flight to paris for FIFTY ONE POUNDS

You take the Chunnel yet?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
All roads lead to Rome so you can just drive

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

You take the Chunnel yet?

nah it's way more effort because you gotta get to london for that, it's just easier to get a direct flight from glasgow which takes something like an hour

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Stayed up late to make hummus and it didn't come out very good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ruby Gloom posted:

nah it's way more effort because you gotta get to london for that, it's just easier to get a direct flight from glasgow which takes something like an hour

Makes sense.

Check out prices to Athens while you're searching. Or Barcelona.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i will contemplate fleeing the country some more later on tonight, right now i gotta go do poo poo with the tinygays, i believe tonight it is some sort of crafts involving jam jars (and none of them are brave enough to use the glue gun smdh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

gently caress. Dinner sucked