Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
have i ever posted in this thread?

is this thread like discord but maybe slower/gayer/stupider?

e: nope, this is my first post here and i don't think there is much on this earth gayer than discord (subjective opinion, not valid in a court of law)

e2: first post is a snipe hell yeah i win

e3: i don't usually but sometimes you gotta, iykwim?

dee eight fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

I drew some avs feel free to use one

Back on them beans bro?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Nah I'm on strattera now and it works... Not as good as da beans but at least I'm not amped up on amphetamines all the time now

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nah I'm on strattera now and it works... Not as good as da beans but at least I'm not amped up on amphetamines all the time now

I'll take all those amphetamines you don't want

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

good luck the whole reason I quit adderall is because there was a like 5-8 day waiting list to refill it every month, and because of its scheduling refills couldn't be submitted before the fill date so I just had to go through a week of withdrawal every month lmao

it's probably a really good thing though because that led to me actually getting good mental health care for the first time + my life is way better now

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Smugworth posted:

I'll take all those amphetamines you don't want

solid av/post combo

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I drew some avs feel free to use one

That little carrot slaps

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

dee eight posted:

have i ever posted in this thread?

is this thread like discord but maybe slower/gayer/stupider?

e: nope, this is my first post here and i don't think there is much on this earth gayer than discord (subjective opinion, not valid in a court of law)

e2: first post is a snipe hell yeah i win

e3: i don't usually but sometimes you gotta, iykwim?

welcome home, powerful snipe

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Anyway I came to the realization today that I don't really enjoy Thanksgiving food. Potatoes and gravy are fine, I guess.

Think I'm going to show up to Thanksgiving dinner with a big bag of egg rolls, or maybe some Cava.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Anyway I came to the realization today that I don't really enjoy Thanksgiving food. Potatoes and gravy are fine, I guess.

The reason no one regularly eats 80% of the foods traditionally served at Thanksgiving is because its crap.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah thanksgiving food is terrible, but people get mad if you don't eat every single thing because they put like hours and hours and hours of effort into it all

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

The reason no one regularly eats 80% of the foods traditionally served at Thanksgiving is because its crap.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

in fact, turkey is now banned in my house. last month for thanksgiving i made beef bourguignon

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls, green bean casserole, etc.; I love all of these things.

Turkey is hit or miss but mostly a miss in my family.

Actually my sister is in charge of the turkey (single breast) this year and she got a small ham too so it'll probably be good.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I feel like most Thanksgiving foods are foods that people ate in the olden days before food tasted good. Who tf is going to choose yams when burritos are available? No one that's who.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sounds like most of your families are bad at cooking or don't use enough salt or you aren't drunk enough

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

satanic splash-back posted:

Sounds like most of your families are bad at cooking or don't use enough salt or you aren't drunk enough

good stuff at TG:

most hors d'oeuvres
spiral cut ham
mac+cheese
mashed/scalloped potatoes
canned cranberry sauce
gravy
desserts
booze

everything else is crap no one eats the other 364 days of the year for good reason

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I feel like most Thanksgiving foods are foods that people ate in the olden days before food tasted good. Who tf is going to choose yams when burritos are available? No one that's who.

It's 100% tradition. If you gather your family and eat whatever you want then it's just any other day. Thanksgiving doesn't have much meaning these days since we know what we did to the native population and we probably shouldn't be thankful for that.

A local diner has a turkey meal that has a lot of the thanksgiving stuff and I've gotten that randomly few times. Also cheap frozen meals (tv dinners). I get the turkey/stuffing ones like once every other month or so actually.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

You know what, Grandma? You can take the marshmallows off of those yams and stick them right up your wrinkly old rear end. You're not guilting me into eating this crap anymore!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

satanic splash-back posted:

it’s a tough way to find this out for them :ohdear:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prof. Crocodile posted:

You know what, Grandma? You can take the marshmallows off of those yams and stick them right up your wrinkly old rear end. You're not guilting me into eating this crap anymore!

That's the one I can't do anymore. It was my favorite as a kid, for obvious reasons, but jesus. Sweet potatoes are sweet enough on their own.

We always called them yams when I was a kid but good luck trying to get an actual yam in the US at a grocery store.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I like green bean casserole and mashed potatoes and dressing and ham

Turkey is fine but not really worth the effort.

Turkey salad aammich is pretty great after though

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
yams should have hired marketing

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My mom got real sick and we had to cancel Thanksgiving this year. :(

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

idyllic norman rockwell thanksgiving scene hopes, stouffer's turkey and mash taters microwave dinner for one reality

this is why god gives us booze and peyote, so that we can dream the dreams

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dee eight posted:

idyllic norman rockwell thanksgiving scene hopes, stouffer's turkey and mash taters microwave dinner for one reality

this is why god gives us booze and peyote, so that we can dream the dreams

:hmmyes:

Yo d8, you got any peyote you can mail me?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my favorite thanksgiving was 2020.

i got drunk by myself while making a mexican enchilada feast. football on the tv while cooking. played videogames later and passed out in my own bed.

absolutely perfect.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Pennywise the Frown posted:

we both wish

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

back in the 70s, me and my brother got invited to a thanksgiving dinner. there were these two sisters who had juuuust moved out of mom and dad's house into their very own apartment and they wanted to do up a celebratory feast.

we got there at the appointed time, 6:00pm. the sisters said, "everybody's here? good, we'll put the turkey in now"

my bro looked at me and said, "top hat or monk's cave?" i said "yes"

we went back after the bars closed and it was a sad sad sight, bloody raw turkey and weeping sisters. we politely thanked them for inviting us and went home.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

you ever do that to yourself before? not necessarily recommended

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Fontaine posted:

you ever do that to yourself before? not necessarily recommended

I have not. But I was told I could go on a vision quest.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I have not. But I was told I could go on a vision quest.

gotta be careful about that too

the last time i tried, things went really bad and my spirit guide was pat sajak

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Honestly I've been striking out hard on hallucinogens lately. LSD and mushrooms have been doing absolutely nothing. Probably due to the above recommended limit high dose of antidepressants I'm on.

:(

dee eight posted:

my spirit guide was pat sajak

Yikes.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TIL that Pat Sajak still hosts Wheel of Fortune, apparently. :wtc:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Prof. Crocodile posted:

TIL that Pat Sajak still hosts Wheel of Fortune, apparently. :wtc:

its actual ryan seacrest now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i finally stopped vomiting at like 11 last night but i couldn’t take my pills all weekend so my head is so hosed up rn

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Another failday in the office, making copies etc

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
Pat Sajak does 48 days a year of filming WOF and makes ~$15 million per year, over $300,000 per workday, per 2016 numbers I just looked at. Plus all kinds of money from licensing board games and slot machines and poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ugh last day of the week for me and absolutely everything is broken and emails everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There’s something going on where my mouse is acting like it’s double clicking on everything but it only does it in the office :thumbsup: