Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Falcons gonna beat the saints next week just to gently caress up the rankings more.

I believe in Derek Jameis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I believe in nothing.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Silly Burrito posted:

I believe in Derek Jameis

Oh crap, Arthur can't handle backup QBs...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Oh crap, Arthur can't handle backup QBs...

The list of things Arthur can’t handle is too long so what can he handle exactly?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

The list of things Arthur can’t handle is too long so what can he handle exactly?

Growing awful mustaches?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm finding myself mostly frustrated by the bucs right now because there's a lot of glimpses of a really good team. the offense was actually really good yesterday on the whole imo. the run defense continues to be stellar, but every time they're in a third and long situation, it feels like a guarantee that they're about to give up a long pass play. there's so many good pieces on both sides of the ball which makes it all the more infuriating that they can't put together a complete game against a decent team. it feels like it had to come down to coaching but i'm worried that another reset is only going to slow down progress.

anyway they're still gonna win the division somehow

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was coming down last night at a show and I just started cackling and my girlfriend looked at me and asked “what’s so funny” and I was just like “loving Bryce young” and someone near me turned and said “right?”

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm finding myself mostly frustrated by the bucs right now because there's a lot of glimpses of a really good team. the offense was actually really good yesterday on the whole imo. the run defense continues to be stellar, but every time they're in a third and long situation, it feels like a guarantee that they're about to give up a long pass play. there's so many good pieces on both sides of the ball which makes it all the more infuriating that they can't put together a complete game against a decent team. it feels like it had to come down to coaching but i'm worried that another reset is only going to slow down progress.

Whatever Todd Bowles coverage scheme is, is probably the worst in the NFL. Guys just running free all over the field. A lot of these guys have been in the system for like 4 or 5 years and there are still constant breakdowns. If his blitz gets picked up, game over.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

BlindSite posted:

Id renew if for nothing else you'll probably struggle to get one if they do come good. That being said I don't see how they come good.

So, Can't say I blame you. Barring some miracle coaching change this offseason and moving a freshly tagged burns for a first round pick we won't be competing for two or three years minimum and we're probably set for another big change in the front office.

Just depressing.

Everything will fall in place right about the time Young gets a career ending injury and Teddy Bridgewater is the starter again

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

I actually find myself feeling more positive about the Bucs. It’s looking more and more like the last draft got them some decent talent, they’ve got actual good lineman on both sides of the ball (not across the board but there are some very bright spots) and the WRs are good. Idk I feel like we’re a mediocre coach and a mediocre QB away from being division winners. Let’s chuck Bowles in the trash heap for sure but I’m feeling good about our GM and the overall talent on the team. Fingers crossed we can get a fun new QB for next year to pair with an offensive minded HC

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just watching this Monday night game thinking "wow both these teams are sooooooo much better than Saints. Like exponentially better."

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yeah I'm starting to see how fans buy into tank jobs. Limping into a 9-8 division title and praying for this year's ceiling (upsetting like Dallas or someone) seems less appealing in ways than imagining just Ditka'ing the draft for Caleb

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont think getting to 9-8 is happening for the Saints

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

4 divisional games and the giants left. It's scarily available to them, despite deserving nothing of the sort.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Barudak posted:

I dont think getting to 9-8 is happening for the Saints

It's as likely as 5-11

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I actually find myself feeling more positive about the Bucs. It’s looking more and more like the last draft got them some decent talent, they’ve got actual good lineman on both sides of the ball (not across the board but there are some very bright spots) and the WRs are good. Idk I feel like we’re a mediocre coach and a mediocre QB away from being division winners. Let’s chuck Bowles in the trash heap for sure but I’m feeling good about our GM and the overall talent on the team. Fingers crossed we can get a fun new QB for next year to pair with an offensive minded HC

Honestly, I think Baker could do well with a different coach. His vibes-based power is well established; you gotta get someone like KOC or Dan Campbell in there who can really tap into it. Then with your excellent lines and decent receiving corps, and maybe a new running back, you could do some serious damage and have fun on the way!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Redeye Flight posted:

Honestly, I think Baker could do well with a different coach. His vibes-based power is well established; you gotta get someone like KOC or Dan Campbell in there who can really tap into it. Then with your excellent lines and decent receiving corps, and maybe a new running back, you could do some serious damage and have fun on the way!

Imagine Baker with Dan Campbell

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GD_American posted:

It's as likely as 5-11

Thats why Im sitting on a cool 7-10 for final record

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Baker and Mike McDaniel would be hilarious together

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GD_American posted:

It's as likely as 5-11

9-8 adds up to 17 and 5-11 adds up to 16, so I think the first one is more likely.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Redeye Flight posted:

I think Baker is inherently limited even though he can be fun. I'd love to keep him for another year and let a rookie develop behind him

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

ulmont posted:

9-8 adds up to 17 and 5-11 adds up to 16, so I think the first one is more likely.

GODDAMNIT GOODELL

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Goodell doesn't have any will independent of the owners. He is very well paid to be the public heel to draw heat from the villainous ownership.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

he makes for a convenient curse.

17 games is just such a loving awkward number. Everything about the NFL as so well balanced. 16 games. 8 4-team divisions.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

GD_American posted:

he makes for a convenient curse.

17 games is just such a loving awkward number. Everything about the NFL as so well balanced. 16 games. 8 4-team divisions.

You're right. They should add two more games and a ninth, 7 team division.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/john_siglerr/status/1727000517925318692

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I assume that means that Arthur Smith received at least one vote. Jonnu Smith is ineligible to vote for his own coach, so I am deeply curious as to this fool is from another team.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I assume that means that Arthur Smith received at least one vote. Jonnu Smith is ineligible to vote for his own coach, so I am deeply curious as to this fool is from another team.

I like to think it was someone who was just at the end of their tether and went "id rather play for Arthur loving smith" and they took kt as a vote.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It’s tannehill

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

BlindSite posted:

I like to think it was someone who was just at the end of their tether and went "id rather play for Arthur loving smith" and they took kt as a vote.

Probably a third-string tight end who knows he'd get starter reps in Atlanta

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I am Jack''s Surprised Face

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/23/sport/drew-brew-arm-nfl-spt-intl/index.html

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Me at 15 24 hours after I got a cable internet connection installed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You know who's good at football? Christian McCaffrey. The 49ers are lucky to have him. Be crazy to let him go.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Remind me again why they traded him? He's banged up, he's the asset we can get most return for, we're very smart football people?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

Remind me again why they traded him? He's banged up, he's the asset we can get most return for, we're very smart football people?

Yep you got it. And they’ve used those resources to trade for Bryce and draft a LB who’s done nothing I believe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

Bad contract, was wasted in Carolina, always hurt.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

FizFashizzle posted:

Bad contract, was wasted in Carolina, always hurt.

CMC always struck me as "constantly hurt because they're trying to run literally the whole offense through him". Lo and freakin' behold, huh? Turns out when you put him on a team with other quality options to get the ball out he has to run into way fewer woodchippers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/BuccaneersComms/status/1728150406218293466

brutal injury report for this week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

What's going on with that LSU woman's bball player that talked all that poo poo last year?