Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Project N95 closing up shop in 3 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/bnofeed/status/1726428572154225146?s=46

really curious if were ever going to get 2022 excess mortality numbers in our lifetime

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Do you mean the life expectancy updates?

Supposedly the end of the month. I'll believe it when I see it.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/upcoming.htm

*Provisional Life Expectancy Estimates for 2022
Vital Statistics Rapid Release Report (November 29, 2023)
KEY TOPICS: Life Expectancy, Leading Causes of Death

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fell Mood posted:

Thanks. I've had a stress test at a cardiologist, apparently no blockages.

I passed a stress test too for what it's worth.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

spaceblancmange posted:

gently caress off our hospitals are full

all the best in your surgery and recovery

Terkin yer jerbs wasn't enough, I also had to take your cardiologists.

Ironically almost no hospital staff is Aussie born. If they are white they're usually Kiwis or Brits. So many Kiwis.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
i think we all passed a stress test

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
what's the whole the "US is holding out on life expectancy" situation and is there a quick way to point people to it and prove it for them

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I passed a stress test too for what it's worth.

We're rooting for you. I know a couple guys with bypass and they're still kicking long, long after their surgery.

I've had weird chest pain here and there (no COVID) and been echo'd, EKG'd, troponin, put on a halter monitor, etc... can't find anything. Fingers crossed.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Life expectancy data will release once they launch the nukes, and it will match the time to impact.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

maxwellhill posted:

what's the whole the "US is holding out on life expectancy" situation and is there a quick way to point people to it and prove it for them

unfortunately there's not, the situation in the last two years was distinct in that the NVSS created a new report, the provisional release of actuarial life expectancy for the years 2020 and 2021.

were they to continue that trend that special report for 2022 would have been released in late august of this year. however they clearly are not continuing, for reasons that everyone who reads this thread can easily intuit.

but the fact that it was a limited run clearly created to explicate COVID's effect on USA life expectancy in the context of the initial pandemic (and TUUIMP being in charge!!
?) combined with Covid being Joever, will absolutely provide a veneer of plausible deniability to the administration to anyone who cannot intuit those reasons

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Nov 21, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
2022 final life tables will be available in November 2024 lol, wonder what that date coincides with eh

EH

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I can't follow or even necessarily approve of that approach, but I do understand the philosopher Ride here, truly these are the times that make men go 'EH'

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
this poo poo is intense

i've been sick a lot the last 2 years

this is a different animal. a pangolin maybe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Goddamn everyone ITT is falling like trees

Meanwhile I'm about to go off and watch a film in the cinema for the first time since 2019, N95 don't fail me now

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
How much did I gently caress up getting boosted a month before the new XBB.1.5 vaccines roll out in December?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bald Stalin posted:

How much did I gently caress up getting boosted a month before the new XBB.1.5 vaccines roll out in December?

Not that bad if your name is Johann Liebert.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

https://x.com/bnofeed/status/1726428572154225146?s=46

really curious if were ever going to get 2022 excess mortality numbers in our lifetime
1,283 dead weekly and no one cares and it isn't surprising at all lol, lmao

anyways so a colleague i haven't seen in weeks is suddenly in the office wearing a n95 and talking about just getting out of the hospital due to covid
i thought they were on vacation
lol, lmao

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Not that bad if your name is Johann Liebert.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
idgi :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/cYK4OYn.mp4

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lie cheat and steal to get boosted

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/sheep_in_fog/status/1726622122863452490?s=46

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Meanwhile I'm about to go off and watch a film in the cinema for the first time since 2019, N95 don't fail me now

What movie?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

You're in Aus, yeah?

If so, wait between 2-5 months, then go get the new updated one. Don't go to your GP, go to a pharmacy. If the pharmacist makes a fuss about the last time you had a shot, act confused but polite, leave, and go to another pharmacist until you find one who doesn't ask any questions.

I'm in Melbourne and I got a shot every 3 months on the dot until I decided the returns had diminished to the point it wasn't worth it (which was at 9 shots). I found a pharmacy that didn't care and just kept going back to them. A bunch of the extra shots ended up finding their way onto my official record, and there have been zero consequences for me having had 'too many shots'.

No one cares except some random gatekeepers, so if you can go around them you'll be fine.

Alternatively, if you want to follow the politically-motivated 'medical' advice and wait a year until your next shot, I'd recommend wearing a P2/N95 mask outside your home if you aren't already.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
does test2treat ask for insurance info

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Does test2treat require a picture of a positive test?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
It is wild how distorted public perception has become on the relative risk of COVID vaccination vs infection. It is probably the most successful public health campaign ever done.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/scie...0542456408.html posted:

Covid vaccine not responsible for sudden deaths among young adults in India: Study
(..)
The study came amid reports of sudden deaths of young adults including popular Malayalam TV actor Dr Priya after suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest. Similar reports of sudden deaths among healthy adults in India raised concerns that they might be related to Covid-19 or the vaccination against the disease, which prompted researchers to carry out the study.

The ICMR study titled Factors associated with sudden deaths among adults aged 18-45 years in India -- a multicentric matched case-control study referred to certain factors that may increase the risk of sudden deaths. Among the causes, history of severe Covid-19 infection, binge drinking, use of recreational drugs or substances are responsible for deaths within 48 hours. The study, which was completed earlier this month, is yet to be released.

The study included cases of apparently healthy individuals aged 18-45 years with no underlying health issues who died suddenly from unexplained causes between October 1, 2021 and March 31, 2023.

Earlier, Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya cited the ICMR study and said that those who had earlier suffered a severe bout of Covid must not overexert themselves for a year or two to avoid heart attacks and cardiac arrests.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Steve Yun posted:

does test2treat ask for insurance info

It does ask about your insurance, and some people have reported complications using the website depending on what their insurance is, but I don't know the full extent of what it requires for that, hopefully someone else can chime in. Going through it does work very smoothly if you're uninsured.

icantfindaname posted:

'No' with an asterisk; most have been able to get through the process fine without even being asked for a picture of a positive test, but it may depend on your location or insurance.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Godzilla Minus One, it was great. Also I wasn't the only one there in a mask! I spotted exactly one other masked person!!

It was a surgical mask, lol

When they sat down they immediately pulled the mask below their chin so they could eat their popcorn, lol lol

E: actually that was genuinely surprising, a large percentage of the people in the audience were Japanese and they're obviously much more culturally inclined to wear a mask but even they were all rawdogging that shared air

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Pingui posted:

:canada: :rubby:
https://twitter.com/MoriartyLab/status/1726094324822118718

I should note that this is a doomer hobbyist COVID enthusiast tracker, but it is using data from Statistics Canada. I should also be emphasized that Statistics Canada's most recent data only goes to September 2, so... you know... the subsequent and expected increase has mostly already happened.

Just warmly chuckling at the common argument that all those excess deaths were just because of other stuff. Nah man its all, I dont know, despair stuff, and probably just because of the lockdowns!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Real Mean Queen posted:

Just warmly chuckling at the common argument that all those excess deaths were just because of other stuff. Nah man its all, I dont know, despair stuff, and probably just because of the lockdowns!

Unclear from your post if you are aware, but to everyone else at least, this is the methology:

https://covid19resources.ca/public/excess-mortality-tracker/ posted:

Graphs show 5-week mid-centred rolling averages of new weekly excess deaths reported by Statistics Canada, after subtracting excess mortality attributable to toxic drugs, suicide, accidents, the 2021 BC heat dome (July 1 estimates replaced by average of excess daily mortality for flanking 4 weeks), mass homicide events (media reports) and delayed healthcare (% excess mortality cancer). % excess mortality for each age group was calculated from 5-week averages of expected new weekly deaths for each age group. 5-week averages of age-adjusted reported COVID deaths/100,000 people were calculated from cumulative totals of deaths reported to PHAC and the Canadian Vital Statistics Death database (CVS-D), whichever was greater in any given week.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is kind of neat. wastewaterscan.org lets you pick all locations nationally. Can confirm we don't do waves anymore just brrrrr

Okay cool. For a while now Ive been unclear on what a wave is, and it looks like theres about twelve mild ones a year with some generous bonuses thrown in. Sweet, based on this, theres a little area in mid-late June that would have once only been considered a horrifying emergency

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Welp, no word on where to get China's version of the new booster, and Hong Kong isn't getting their boosters until early 2024, at least.

https://twitter.com/FY4Chan/status/1726276960836555103?t=IsPprXBbYWwPGTNuhYv6xQ&s=19

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Okuteru posted:

Welp, no word on where to get China's version of the new booster, and Hong Kong isn't getting their boosters until early 2024, at least.
(..)

By the end of the year HK will probably be getting the XDD updated nature's vaccine.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Updated Moderna and Pfizer monovalent Omicron XBB.1.5 shots finally approved in Australia

https://nitter.net/dbRaevn/status/1726502867652214903#m

Update on this: even though the updated monovalent shots have already been approved here in Australia they won't be delivered to pharmacies and available for shots in arms until December 11 (exactly two weeks before Christmas) which is three weeks away: https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2023-11-21/covid-vaccines-monovalent-pfizer-moderna-atagi-omicron-xbb-1-5/103129806

:lmao:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

icantfindaname posted:

When I did it there was a page that asked me to take a picture of the test, clearly designed for mobile use. I had a positive test next to me, but since I was on an actual computer without an integrated camera I had to mash whatever skip/decline button was on the page.

Pax came by mail a couple of days later.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Real Mean Queen posted:

Okay cool. For a while now Ive been unclear on what a wave is, and it looks like theres about twelve mild ones a year with some generous bonuses thrown in. Sweet, based on this, theres a little area in mid-late June that would have once only been considered a horrifying emergency

you just have to time your visit to the broad street pump based on all the information you access about how many of your neighbours you recall have poo poo themselves to death recently.

please calibrate your water needs and balance your wellness around the mild endemicity and predictable, helpful seasonal cyclicity of [redacted]

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Woodsy Owl posted:

A simple PSA: Coway Airmega 200M filter isn't sealed. There is a 2mm gap between the filter edge and the housing, and no flat contiguous face that the backside edge of the filter butts up against in the filter housing. This matters because air will take the path of least resistance, which is around the filter. Having True HEPA is pointless because this purifier cannot purify to 99.99% in a single pass. The build quality is garbage too.

A few pages back, but I assume this is only the 200M? I have the 400M and I'm smoothbrained and dumb and always thought it was flush enough but maybe I'm wrong and it's got a gap?

Real Mean Queen posted:

I like the argument that the excess deaths aren't COVID because if it's not COVID, then things are even more dire and hosed because there is some mystery killer going around killing millions of people globally each year (that bafflingly coincides with the start of COVID and major waves but shh) and nothing is being done to identify or stop it.
If you truly believe that excess death numbers are accurate in their numbers but that COVID is not the explanation, then you live in a world that is somehow even more hosed than the one we actually live in.

RoboChrist 9000 has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Nov 21, 2023

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Does your mask have a popcorn valve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

A few pages back, but I assume this is only the 200M? I have the 400M and I'm smoothbrained and dumb and always thought it was flush enough but maybe I'm wrong and it's got a gap?

you could just check, OP!