Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Vindication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

now this is liberalism

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Tesseraction posted:

Always kinda funny that Novara has such a weird gender gap between the men often being melts and the women always being kickass.

Especially with James Butler being gone

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1726173173815591295

E: Is embedding broken again?

. @campbellclaret
accuses Green Party of "nastiness" for publishing a list of MPs who did not vote for a ceasefire and says it is 'intimidating' behaviour and draws comparisons with the killings of Jo Cox and David Amess

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
drat those perfidious greens.

Are they going to call for WM voting to be secret again?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Party Boat posted:

For England, Suella?

caught up to this. perfection

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

gonadic io posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1726173173815591295

E: Is embedding broken again?

. @campbellclaret
accuses Green Party of "nastiness" for publishing a list of MPs who did not vote for a ceasefire and says it is 'intimidating' behaviour and draws comparisons with the killings of Jo Cox and David Amess

Begging people just once, whenever this oval office brings up "nastiness" to point out Malcolm Tucker is an extremely thinly veiled version of him

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also lmao at him talking about threats him and Blair basically publicly bragged about offing David Kelly

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I note that Mr Campbell said about the Green Party social media campaign about people “voting to keep the bombing going”.

Here is the amendment which these Labour MPs abstained on:

quote:

At end add ‘but respectfully regret that the Gracious Speech fails to include measures that would require the Government to uphold international law and protect all civilians in Israel and Palestine; unequivocally condemn the horrific killings by Hamas and the taking of hostages; reaffirm that there must be an end to the collective punishment of the Palestinian people; call for the urgent release of all hostages and an end to the siege of Gaza to allow vital supplies of food, fuel, medicine and water to reach the civilian population; note the growing calls for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire from the United Nations and its aid agencies; and therefore call on the Government to join with the international community in urgently pressing all parties to agree to an immediate ceasefire.’

Emphasis mine.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g7-foreign-ministers-statement-in-japan-november-2023

This is the current situation:

quote:

We stress the need for urgent action to address the deteriorating humanitarian crisis in Gaza. All parties must allow unimpeded humanitarian support for civilians, including food, water, medical care, fuel, and shelter, and access for humanitarian workers. We support humanitarian pauses and corridors to facilitate urgently needed assistance, civilian movement, and the release of hostages. Foreign nationals must also be allowed to continue to depart. We underscore the importance of protecting civilians and compliance with international law, in particular international humanitarian law. Since October 7, the G7 members have pledged an additional $500 million for the Palestinian people, including through the UN agencies and other humanitarian actors. We urge countries around the world to join us in this effort. We welcome the November 9 international conference in Paris on humanitarian issues.

Emphasis again mine.

Outside of these humanitarian pauses there would be bombing, other than that the language essentially matches our current position so it goes from humanitarian pauses with bombing to ceasefire without bombing.

Essentially they voted for bombing, and the Green Party is telling the truth over this.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/i/status/1726640860803043771
New Argentina president Javier Milei says his country has 'non-negotiable' sovereignty over Falklands

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Cool.

This guy's fash right?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

yea lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gonadic io posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1726640860803043771
New Argentina president Javier Milei says his country has 'non-negotiable' sovereignty over Falklands

Excited for the upcoming argentinian-anglo war and the UK's unconditional surrender

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Argentinans sure are weird in their politics, wonder why.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He's anarcho-capitalist, right? Literally the only people on this earth more paedophilic and less capable of governing than the degenerates who rule us

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
ran on dismantling the state bank yeah

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Biplane posted:

Excited for the upcoming argentinian-anglo war and the UK's unconditional surrender

But will that be before or after the streets of Buenos Aires fill up with bears?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

He's anarcho-capitalist, right? Literally the only people on this earth more paedophilic and less capable of governing than the degenerates who rule us

he’s going to run the country like rimworld and have a burgeoning human organ market by the end of it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

Begging people just once, whenever this oval office brings up "nastiness" to point out Malcolm Tucker is an extremely thinly veiled version of him

Dr David Kelly is right there, especially since his attempted remake into “men’s mental heath” champion

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
He's going to offer $10,000 to anyone who can conquer the Falklands for him

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

He better watch it. We could send one of our two aircraft-less carriers to retake the islands. The one that works, obviously.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Putting a libertarian in charge is the perfect strategy for convincing the people of the Falklands to willingly ask to be transferred to Argentina.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

He better watch it. We could send one of our two aircraft-less carriers to retake the islands. The one that works, obviously.

We actually have a significant garrison on the Falklands nowadays, just in case

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Time to invade Argentina, finish the job.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

keep punching joe posted:

Time to invade Argentina, finish the job.

Why bother they don't have nukes

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
If we're going to invade a country can we at least tick another one off this list

Has Sweden been getting uppity lately?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Microplastics posted:

If we're going to invade a country can we at least tick another one off this list

Heard the pope's woke now.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
When did we invade Norway & Finland? I've obviously missed some history there!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think they might be counting the Norwegian campaign in ww2 as an invasion.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I read a book about England declaring war on Iceland for their cod. In the 1950s.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I read a book about England declaring war on Iceland for their cod. In the 1950s.

We didn't actually go to war we just played bumper cars with each others fishing boats.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I was alive for the 2nd & 3rd cod wars, they went on into the 1970s. Well I was actually alive at the tail end of the first cod war too but too young to know anything about it.
UK lost btw.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Invade Vatican city, end Popery, get the DUP back on side.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

We sailed up the Baltic and shot the poo poo out of some Finn's in the Crimean war

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
"Invading" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Britain that annexed Kazhakstan, and Britain and Portugal have always been best buds

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Betjeman posted:

"Invading" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Britain that annexed Kazhakstan, and Britain and Portugal have always been best buds

You do not under any circumstances have to give Brits the benefit of the doubt

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Microplastics posted:

Chad so we can have them and the Virgin Islands.

That or Sealand. That counts, right?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Betjeman posted:

Possibly as part of the Peninsular War? Portugal was basically puppeted at the time

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Microplastics posted:

can't cuck the Lux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

keep punching joe posted:

Invade Vatican city, end Popery, get the DUP back on side.

Boris might have been the worst pm ever but drunkenly loving over the DUP was funny at least