Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm not a G1 head but i feel like they announce more than a quarter of the field ahead of time for that one, which puts them a leg up on tony and bryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

why? Its gonna suck!

Yeah but we need to let it suck on its own terms

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah but we need to let it suck on its own terms

cant say i know how to do that

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The biggest difference between Cena and MJF is MJFs vanity belt looks cool

another WWE thing that should stay in WWE: vanity belts

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sticky Nate posted:

another WWE thing that should stay in WWE: vanity belts

Except the Texas Chainsaw belt. That one is good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When they cancel Collision Tony should do a round of layoffs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like collision is next for the chopping block

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When Collision does 270k viewers against Smackdown:

epic win

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tfw you get beaten by rampage

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm not a G1 head but i feel like they announce more than a quarter of the field ahead of time for that one, which puts them a leg up on tony and bryan

Can confirm, they tend to announce the field about a month in advance so you can get hype.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

JSmithOTI posted:

Incorrect, the Texas Chainsaw belt isn't a vanity belt, it's a relic that enables the holder to summon Leatherface but has a 50% chance to fail and Leatherface will instead attack your wife.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

JSmithOTI posted:

that's the third belt they're using to make the triple crown

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Critical posted:

mjf was exactly right when he said he was going to give everyone the reign from hell. but instead of imitating hhh he's imitating supercena

Current babyface MJF is one of the worst things in all of wrestling in like at least 10 years. It's like if you took 2003/04 TNA Jeff Jarrett overbooked cheating dogshit finishes mixed with 2005/06 John Cena invincible overcoming the odds, then gave him Santino Marella's moveset, but also made it this self aware "wink wink" comedy character and it's just one giant insufferable package. If Max is booking himself, then we would do better somewhere like WWE where the writing team can actually provide some quality control.

So many dudes are being wasted so we can have a bloated MJF show every week. Imagine hiring Keith Lee and doing absolutely nothing with him. Or Andrade, or Miro, or Malakai, or any of the other WWE cast offs who should be tearing it up.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 20, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey get a load of this dipshit.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1589692354809798663

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Current babyface MJF is one of the worst things in all of wrestling in like at least 10 years. It's like if you took 2003/04 TNA Jeff Jarrett overbooked cheating dogshit finishes mixed with 2005/06 John Cena invincible overcoming the odds, then gave him Santino Marella's moveset, but also made it this self aware "wink wink" comedy character and it's just one giant insufferable package. If Max is booking himself, then we would do better somewhere like WWE where the writing team can actually provide some quality control.

So many dudes are being wasted so we can have a bloated MJF show every week. Imagine hiring Keith Lee and doing absolutely nothing with him. Or Andrade, or Miro, or Malakai, or any of the other WWE cast offs who should be tearing it up.

AEW making me sit through another Miro "my wife is interested in other men" angle has honestly been worse than anything MJF has done including last night's garbage.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Can confirm, they tend to announce the field about a month in advance so you can get hype.

Like getting the field/brackets out early means you can promote people doing their own bracket and tie it into Draft Kings/do a contest. Which is another way to build investment and hype!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When we were all young and naive :unsmith:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW making me sit through another Miro "my wife is interested in other men" angle has honestly been worse than anything MJF has done including last night's garbage.

Remember when she came back and everyone who made those jokes right away got yelled at because aew wasn’t going to be stupid enough to do that sort of poo poo lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

post hole digger posted:

Remember when she came back and everyone who made those jokes right away got yelled at because aew wasn’t going to be stupid enough to do that sort of poo poo lol

Sat on the shelf and turned down creative until he got his wife and his cuck angle. Incredible work Miro.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

post hole digger posted:

Not me. I remembered Miro defending those angles long after he didn't have to and with enough enthusiasm to know he was down for that poo poo

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If anyone here has some free time next Wednesday they could check out the CMLL bodybuilding contest, which will be streamed on youtube.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Sticky Nate posted:

If anyone here has some free time next Wednesday they could check out the CMLL bodybuilding contest, which will be streamed on youtube.

Vince McMahon is rolling in his grave

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Missed u

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's pretty strange that AEW did nothing with Miro for so long because of creative differences, and now that he's back we're getting the same tired stuff, except now his wife is managing someone else and he's annoyed by it, but they never explained what their history actually is? He still almost never wrestles. I don't get it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
They had the foresight to realize that the "Miro insists CJ is a mirage" thing wasn't working but didn't really have anything to fall back on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is this the rear end in a top hat thread? it was weird that swerve only choked hangman for 4 seconds and hangman went from going "uuuuurrrrgg!!!!" to passed out in those 4 seconds and the announcers didn't put over that he was even being choked and acted like he was successfully fighting it until after that. ruined the show. I hate you

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 21, 2023

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Cavauro posted:

is this the rear end in a top hat thread? it was weird that swerve only choked hangman for 4 seconds and hangman went from going "uuuuurrrrgg!!!!" to passed out in those 4 seconds and the announcers didn't put over that he was even being choked and acted like he was successfully fighting it until after that. ruined the show. I hate you

That's the spirit, let it out, cav

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

They had the foresight to realize that the "Miro insists CJ is a mirage" thing wasn't working but didn't really have anything to fall back on

that woulda been awesome

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I can't believe all this time Miro was into that.

fawning deference posted:

It's pretty strange that AEW did nothing with Miro for so long because of creative differences, and now that he's back we're getting the same tired stuff, except now his wife is managing someone else and he's annoyed by it, but they never explained what their history actually is? He still almost never wrestles. I don't get it

It's called 'Miro's optics are completely maintained by winning all the time but Tony doesn't want to put him over anybody who gets TV time so he's stuck spinning his wheels'

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

that woulda been awesome

is that paul wight in your avi? it doesn't look small enough

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I thought the blood drinking spot was gross

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

is that paul wight in your avi? it doesn't look small enough

he should be way bigger. Make a huge show out of it you know

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dont post small paul

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I don't usually care too much about ratings but Tony saying 'People who want a sports-based product better put their money where their mouth is'
Which sounds like 'you better watch this tournament on Collision or I'm going deeper into sports entertainment'

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wb king

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Far too many matches end in flash pins and it's starting to become every bit as tiresome as WWE's DQ finishes

The Anarchy in the Arena matches are impossible to follow and most of the spots in them are becoming hideously overdone

They either need to tell people to stop going on lengthy excursions or just straight up release them. It's impossible to build any kind of feud or momentum when people keep buggering off for months at a time

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Purple Monkey posted:

Far too many matches end in flash pins and it's starting to become every bit as tiresome as WWE's DQ finishes

The Anarchy in the Arena matches are impossible to follow and most of the spots in them are becoming hideously overdone

They either need to tell people to stop going on lengthy excursions or just straight up release them. It's impossible to build any kind of feud or momentum when people keep buggering off for months at a time

I know this is the hate thread but what excursions? Of the male roster only Eddie has done an excursion to the G1. Everyone else is injured or has family reasons to to be away. A lot of the female roster desperately needs to spend time in Japan living with a Joshi company but that markedly hasn't happened.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fez_machine posted:

I know this is the hate thread but what excursions? Of the male roster only Eddie has done an excursion to the G1. Everyone else is injured or has family reasons to to be away. A lot of the female roster desperately needs to spend time in Japan living with a Joshi company but that markedly hasn't happened.

Cody, Jade, and Pillman are on training excursions to WWE.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My big gripe about AEW is that the wrestlers I like aren't pushed into the title scene whereas the ones I don't like are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Purple Monkey posted:

Flash pins are great. I want more flash pins in the wrestling I watch. Genki Horiguchi often wins with a backslide. It keeps things from being predictable. Flash pins, wrestlers having a handful of finishing moves (like '90s All Japan where Kobashi will probably beat you with a lariat but sometimes if you're a touch bastard maybe he does the Orange Crush Bomb or exceptionally rarely the Burning Hammer), it all adds to the suspense of big matches