Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Uh sorry to whoever I advised to play the Commanders in survivor. Hopefully you did not do that

We did and it was a bummer but I don't blame you. The deciding factor to go with Commanders over Lions was because our choices weren't great for next week and figured the Lions were the best pick to use there. Division games are always weird and the Lions struggled to beat the Bears themselves.

It was a large pool that I split an entry with a buddy of mine. $300 entry fee with about 1100 entries, so 330k prize. There were about 130 left, and almost half of them picked Commanders (there were also 2 people who didn't make a pick which a pretty dumb mistake this late). It was getting to the point where I cared more about the survivor picks than I did my fantasy teams. We had a couple of opportunities to sell our entry to an eliminated person that wanted to buy back in. Could have walked away with a few thousand but decided to ride or die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Two week retrospective on trading Lamar for Achane and McLaurin:
  • Howell has scored more points (42) than Lamar (37). Good!
  • McLaurin has not been as reliable as he was the rest of the year. Bad!
  • They pulled Achane because they didn't want him to reaggravate his knee despite them saying he was good to play. Bad!
Dunno exactly what to do with this information right now. Just need Kelce and Swift to score 45 points tonight, which, not impossible but not gonna hold my breath.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

T-Square posted:

I paid $20 for Tank back in like week 4 or 5 after he had a 20 point game and then did absolutely nothing for several weeks and I dropped him because I needed a spot for a bye. Then he had a good game again and I got outbid by like $3 and now he’s been great :argh:

Scooped him up in my other non-FAAB league though and his game is keeping me in the fight against a mediocre team because guess who has Andrews AND Walker. 20 points down with my Mahomes and opponent’s Devonta Smith, so I need some vintage Mahomes bullshit to win this one and stay in reach of #1 or #2 seed

I too had and dropped Tank in one league :smith: In my defense he had scored 3, 8, was injured then on bye. Then came back and scored 6 vs an awful Panthers team. If I had a crystal ball I would have dropped Spears but oh well. Feels like this happens every year, I load my bench with second half lottery tickets then pick the wrong one to hold when the bye and injury crunch hits.

vaginite posted:

In the started Achane boat too but looks like he isn’t injured at all they just pulled him to be careful. Looks like I’m gonna win anyway unless Isiah P./AJ Brown somehow score 8 points more than Kelce/Hurts tomorrow.

Let’s all send our thoughts and prayers to Achane, get well soon bud :3:

This is going to make Achane even more terrifying to start if they are going to save him for games where they feel they really need him now. Miami’s schedule for the next month is pillow soft. The first “good” team is Dallas in week 16

I can still survive the dud and pull out a win if Mahomes only has a good but not nuclear game tonight. I’m up about 25 with Butker on my side vs Mahomes.

7ish total points this week from Andrews, Achane, and G Wilson lol. In PPR.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 20, 2023

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Docjowles posted:

I too had and dropped Tank in one league :smith: In my defense he had scored 3, 8, was injured then on bye. Then came back and scored 6 vs an awful Panthers team. If I had a crystal ball I would have dropped Spears but oh well. Feels like this happens every year, I load my bench with second half lottery tickets then pick the wrong one to hold when the bye and injury crunch hits.

This is going to make Achane even more terrifying to start if they are going to save him for games where they feel they really need him now. Miami’s schedule for the next month is pillow soft. The first “good” team is Dallas in week 16

I can still survive the dud and pull out a win if Mahomes only has a good but not nuclear game tonight. I’m up about 25 with Butker on my side vs Mahomes.

7ish total points this week from Andrews, Achane, and G Wilson lol. In PPR.

Us guys who got Tank Dell for free off of waivers 3 weeks ago thank you for your service :tipshat:. Man everyone I had that wasn't Achane did good: Tank, St. Brown, DJ Moore, and Monty. Team I'm playing went off too though. Gonna feel bad if I win because it's a couple weeks in a row I beat someone who should have slam dunk won based on what they scored and it sucks soooo bad to be on the other end of that.

You're probably fine I don't think Mahomes puts up 25 + another like at least 7 from Butker.

e: Mahomes has only cleared 25 twice and 30 once, he's gonna need like a 32 to have a reasonable chance to beat you.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 20, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My team is somehow 9-2 this season :psyduck:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been talking about a trade with a guy in my PPR dynasty league where I'm competing. I need to replace Andrews and my current best option is Okonkwo.

Give: Garrett Wilson, 2024 late 1st
Get: Hockenson, Sutton, Conner

I was on the fence about it before Andrews went down, I mostly wanted Hock so he wouldn't get traded to another contender. I wanted him to include Etienne instead of Conner even if I gave up more on my end, but he won't budge on that. I'm not crazy about parting with Wilson, but outside of some extreme luck it's the best win now move I can make to give me some much needed depth. I should get Jefferson back soon as well which will soften the blow of losing Wilson.

Alternatively, he'll give me just Hockenson for my 2024 1st and 2nd and I wouldn't have to part with Wilson. But that probably won't give me enough depth and I'll be stuck with the likes of Bateman, Gainwell, and Trey Palmer for my flex spots.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If Devonte Smith scores less than 17.06 I somehow pull out a win in a league where I had J Taylor, Kamara, Olave, and London on bye

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

It's a big overpay as it stands. If your picks are definitely going to be late in the round and this is all that stands between you and a championship then I wouldn't balk at a 1st and 2nd for Hock. Especially if it's single-QB, where picks are worth a little less. Wilson is easily the most valuable piece in that deal, though, and is worth more than the other team's side by himself.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It's a big overpay as it stands. If your picks are definitely going to be late in the round and this is all that stands between you and a championship then I wouldn't balk at a 1st and 2nd for Hock. Especially if it's single-QB, where picks are worth a little less. Wilson is easily the most valuable piece in that deal, though, and is worth more than the other team's side by himself.

I'm aware that it's an overpay and I'm okay with that to make a run for it this year. I'm mostly just looking for some assurance in the form of someone telling me anything besides "thats a massive overpay and you would be dumb to make that trade". The draft picks aren't actually mine but they will be late picks. And it is a superflex league so a late 1st should get a good player and possibly even a decent QB.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Man idk about Hock is there another good TE you can get from someone else? That dudes hurt. He's playing through it but I don't know how much longer he can go, he was visibly in pain the whole game last night, and the Vikings second TE outscored him.

He's maybe a good long term prospect but for a win-now I'd go for someone who's ribs are less broken. Who has Kelce? If they're in rebuild that's a good target for win now. I'd even Schultz is a good current and long-term prospect.

I guess it depends how desperately bad you need your TE to perform to have a shot at winning.

e: also I don't trust Dobbs magic, these guys usually have a couple good games when DCs have no idea to deal with them plugged into a new offense, then after a few weeks tape know exactly how to crush them.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 21, 2023

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I have lost my last 2 matchups by a combined 1.5 points :bang:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Since I lost Andrews I was considering trading for Laporta. Would someone like Gus or Godwin be too much/little?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Chernabog posted:

Since I lost Andrews I was considering trading for Laporta. Would someone like Gus or Godwin be too much/little?

Gus Bus has averaged 20ish points a week over the last five games, I'd say no.

Edit: I mean is it asking too little.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 21, 2023

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Only needed AJ Brown to not have his worst game of the season... From what little I saw the weather looked not great for passing though.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Unless AJB catches a loving ball the rest of this game and scores 10 pts. I'm going to lose to the 1-9 person in my league, get bumped out of the playoffs, and still have the most points scored. FML.

Love you all, god bless.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Finally have a full point from Jalen more than halfway through the 3rd :shepicide:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

loving hell Kelce, I’m up by 2 points and you fumble?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Somehow I won despite starting Burrows and Andrews.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chernabog posted:

Somehow I won despite starting Burrows and Andrews.

Same except Achane and Andrews. It was a total scam because I played one of the lowest scoring teams on the week but a win's a win baby

I'm right hosed going forward though cause the best TE on waivers is like, Chig Okonkwo

e: spamming out offers to a few guys sitting on multiple starting TEs (one guy has Kincaid and Engram, another LaPorta and McBride) but they are mostly out of contention so I doubt they will care to help me. Or they'll counter with something dumb since they know I am desperate

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 21, 2023

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Went into tonight up 10 against AJ Brown and Butker. Twas a good night

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kelce and Swift pulled me through. Moved into a tie for 2nd, but really in 3rd. I have to face the #2 team this week and 2 next week. Hopefully I can win this week and get me into the 2nd all by myself. Only 4 playoff spots makes me nervous.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

10-1 in my buddies league. Can't wait to lose my first playoff game.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

In my league there are 5 teams tied with 7-4. I'm first but we only have 4 playoff spots.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 21, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
In one of my leagues 3 teams have 8 wins and every other team is at 4 or 5 wins, so the whole league can still fight for that last playoff spot.

Is Andrews droppable? I see discussion of him coming back this season but I am not sure if that means playoffs or week 16. I am in first place so can probably eat some suboptimal weeks and still make the playoffs, but if he is unlikely to be back during the fantasy season it would make roster moves a lot more comfortable to drop him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m in third place in my two big money leagues, with a 5 game losing streak in one, and a 4 game losing streak in the other. Impressive!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

I’m in third place in my two big money leagues, with a 5 game losing streak in one, and a 4 game losing streak in the other. Impressive!

Last year I started 9-0, lost 5 straight and squeaked into the playoffs... then won it all.

Keep the faith! Better than I did.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

My league is extremely close:

1st - 7-4-0
2nd - 7-4-0
3rd - 7-4-0
4th - 6-5-0
5th - 6-5-0
6th - 6-5-0
____
7th - 6-5-0
8th - 5-6-0
9th - 5-6-0
10th - 5-6-0 (me)
11th - 4-7-0
12th - 2-9-0

My team is healthy so if Saquon and Gusbus stay hot and I make good choices with my receivers I have a shot :thurman:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

:siren: Matt Canada fired this is not a drill :siren:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

:siren: Matt Canada fired this is not a drill :siren:

Thank you, Diontae Johnson!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I was seriously considering dropping Diontae but maybe I keep him to see if there's any improvement.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

In one of my leagues 3 teams have 8 wins and every other team is at 4 or 5 wins, so the whole league can still fight for that last playoff spot.

Is Andrews droppable? I see discussion of him coming back this season but I am not sure if that means playoffs or week 16. I am in first place so can probably eat some suboptimal weeks and still make the playoffs, but if he is unlikely to be back during the fantasy season it would make roster moves a lot more comfortable to drop him.

Sounds like he's meeting with NFL foot man extraordinaire, Dr. Anderson, this week. So, you could hypothetically hold him until we get news from that.

I kind of suspect "return" means week 18+, and he's a safe drop even if he makes it back.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Currently

AFCE League: 9-2 somehow. This league is a mess so your guess is as good as mine.

Yahoo League: 7-4! I think the RB heavy draft is finally paying off in this standard league.

Dynasty: 7-4. Finally lost the highest PA crown. Ppr league and I went with a heavy WR strategy this year. Seems to be working despite trading too much for Calvin Ridley. Top-3 in PF here.

20-team: 7-4 as well! I think 5th in PF. Mostert turned out to be a good laye draft pick. Sanders not so much but uh, I guess I got Jonnu Smith for him and that's been okay? Feel stupid about dropping Taysom though.

Beer league: 5-6. Killed my team with a couple of stupid moves. Kind of a miracle to even be this close to .500 after spending a lot of draft bux on Davante Adams, Ridley and Miles Sanders. Not technically out of it yet (lots of teams hovering around .500) but IIRC, two of my 3 remaining opponents are the #1 and #2 teams in PF... so, not looking good

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Does anyone want to speak in favor of divisions in fantasy? I joined a new league this year that uses them. The other division is basically the NFC south, I have four hundred more points and two more wins than their leader but am in third and not going to get a playoff bye as things currently stand. This seems dumb as hell in a game that is already extremely random

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 21, 2023

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.
Trying to convince myself that I won this trade in my 1 qb dynasty league. Currently going for a rebuild and still fighting for last place unfortunately. Had 4 1sts.

Sent: Tua + Amon-Ra + Late 24 1st + Late 24 2nd
Got: Burrow + Chase

I feel pretty great about it but by all the calculator sites I lost out. But I’ve got Burrow and Chase as a core now and hopefully can swing MHJ if I lose the next 4 games which I’m projected to but projections have generally been bullshit this year.

Still got 2 early 1sts and a mid to late.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I think I had divisions my very first time playing and it does seem stupid unless you have like a 20 team league or something, but even that seems silly. There’s no guarantee you’ll have an even spread of good and bad teams across divisions.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Does anyone want to speak in favor of divisions in fantasy? I joined a new league this year that uses them. The other division is basically the NFC south, I have four hundred more points and two more wins than their leader but am in third and not going to get a playoff bye as things currently stand. This seems dumb as hell in a game that is already extremely random

They are dumb and make no sense. I would never play in a money league that used divisions. Just a higher chance of bad teams making the playoffs over better teams, with no(?) upside.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm in a 16-team league that is 4 divisions of 4, and I like it actually. We went away from it a few years ago, and then everyone agreed to go back to it. We play a balanced schedule, with your in-division teams twice. Fantasy isn't roto baseball, so I say lean into the madness.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/jjettas2/status/1726998975080026594?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
And so my downward spiral begins, which was 100% predictable.

For WEEKS I've known my WR corps was a huge liability, and me being first in standings but like 5/10 in PF was eventually going to even out.

Instead of trading one of my like 4 RBs that I don't need I'm stuck with this motley group in PPR:

Tee Higgins, Jakobi Meyers, Diontae Johnson, Jahan Dotson, Josh Downs

Had been hoping that CMC, King Henry, and a flex of Rachaad White/James Conner/Rhamondre would carry me along with Jalen Hurts but I've been sunk two weeks in a row by contending teams and I think I just saw a preview for how I get bounced in the playoffs.

Totally my fault for not trying to make a trade before the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Docjowles posted:

I cannot defend them. Maybe they would make sense in some unique situations like work leagues, like having one branch of an office in one division and another branch in the other. But usually they just end up screwing someone like you who has way more points than the other division leader.