Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I mean, lol but this just means that Binance / Tether seem to be here to stay, having laundered themselves of Bad Apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

habeas corpus is safu

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

the popes toes posted:

What in god's name is Bezos buying now?

Ammunition factories, farmland, explosive bomb collars (just an HR thing, don't worry about it)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

mags posted:

have we tried “killing all the poor”?

yes, many times. mass death is easy to accomplish. (edit: even Malthus suggested "just conscript them as cannon fodder and march them off to die for nothing" as a mechanism of population control.) it's much harder to arrange an "accidental" genocide where nobody has to be responsible.

that's basically what AI cults keep trying to create, an unaccountable machine god to absolve them of any guilt for the crimes they want to commit.

silentsnack has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Nov 21, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sounds like more good news for Bitcoin

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

silentsnack posted:

yes, many times. mass death is easy to accomplish. (edit: even Malthus suggested "just conscript them as cannon fodder and march them off to die for nothing" as a mechanism of population control.) it's much harder to arrange an "accidental" genocide where nobody has to be responsible.

that's basically what AI cults keep trying to create, an unaccountable machine god to absolve them of any guilt for the crimes they want to commit.

They don't need one for that. They don't feel guilt, and they only have a very light amount of liability. If anything the AI will just make sure no one with connections is trifled with. It'll go over a person's social media and family ties and their connections so no one with ties to the oligarchy is targeted and thus they are free to crime as much as possible, stopping perhaps only for a small fine.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

delinquencies skyrocketing

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fishmech stealing valor

Don't talk to me or my son, the ghost of Iain Bank's, ever again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

anime was right posted:

wonder why, economy is booming

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

anime was right posted:

looks like its recovering to the trendline that was going from 2015-2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think you mean the bidenconomy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is good for Brandon.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Economy doing so well people have to stop paying their debts in order to have even MORE to spend for genocide joe's economy!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Mad Wack posted:

Exactly what I saw. Not doomer enough I guess.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mad Wack posted:

theyre already exactly there that on that graph. i cannot imagine they just level off

also that high point is q4, not q3, so if the current line "levels off" where it should be but has a quartely bump, its significantly higher than it was on the trendline.

anime was right has issued a correction as of 20:32 on Nov 21, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SirPablo posted:

Exactly what I saw. Not doomer enough I guess.

Delinquencies ramp as we go into a recession. We were headed for a recession (remember the weird stuff happening with banks in November 2019?) before Covid happened and the Fed Reserve uncorked the fire hydrant of money.

Turns out massive social spending is a great anti-poverty measure. Imagine if more of it had gone into the average citizen's pocket instead of 90% going to fart apps and oligarchs.

Anyway we're back on track for that recession. How coincidental!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Americans are back on track of becoming increasingly economically precarious. Doomers BTFO again"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
to be clear thats a leading, not lagging, indicator. its writing off assets that are going delinquent. the only lagging indicator right now thats going up is CC loans.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I won't believe there's a recession until I see political cartoons about how good the economy is going into the elections.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SKULL.GIF posted:

Delinquencies ramp as we go into a recession. We were headed for a recession (remember the weird stuff happening with banks in November 2019?) before Covid happened and the Fed Reserve uncorked the fire hydrant of money.

Turns out massive social spending is a great anti-poverty measure. Imagine if more of it had gone into the average citizen's pocket instead of 90% going to fart apps and oligarchs.

Anyway we're back on track for that recession. How coincidental!

You have to remember you are responding to people who won't even feel the recession unless someone mugs them for food money

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/trishaepan/status/1726837336703730061

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This is nothing, I've (shamefully) worked on a website that would tell people they had clicked on a fake door by putting /fakedoor into the URL.

If you're not familiar with a fake door, you give people a link to something that you haven't built yet to see if they click on it and want it: https://uxknowledgebase.com/fake-door-testing-48af0616185a

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

This is nothing, I've (shamefully) worked on a website that would tell people they had clicked on a fake door by putting /fakedoor into the URL.

If you're not familiar with a fake door, you give people a link to something that you haven't built yet to see if they click on it and want it: https://uxknowledgebase.com/fake-door-testing-48af0616185a

We called it a "smoke test"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr Hootington posted:

You have to remember you are responding to people who won't even feel the recession unless someone mugs them for food money

you dont need to spend more than like 10 minutes on social media to find like every person under the age of 35 being like "i literally cannot afford food" i guess everyones lying

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

anime was right posted:

you dont need to spend more than like 10 minutes on social media to find like every person under the age of 35 being like "i literally cannot afford food" i guess everyones lying

uh you can only criticize biden when it's fair and you have actual data and not anecdotes :rolleyes:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

my mother in law volunteers with an org which picks up about-to-expire meats from grocery stores and gets them to households in the county, so with that help and cutting back on everything which isn’t the cheapest forms of bulk staples we’re able to make twice as much money/mo in food stamps as we got in 2019 last about 3 weeks

salad days (we can have fresh produce once a week until snap runs out)

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

anime was right posted:

"I literally cannot afford food" - posted from my apple watch CHECKMATE GOT'EM BUY A BIG BAG OF BEANS AND RICE AND CHOKE ON GRUEL IDIOTS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ArmedZombie posted:

uh you can only criticize biden when it's fair and you have actual data and not anecdotes :rolleyes:

is inflation is def not 3.7 and even if it were that is still bad and based solely on low gas prices

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ArmedZombie posted:

lol name one thing that only went up 3.7%. Name one.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the united states would never cook its own books to make itself look good :cmon:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Wow, we brought inflation down to almost double the target rate in 3-years!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Retromancer posted:

I won't believe there's a recession until I see political cartoons about how good the economy is going into the elections.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Retromancer posted:

yep

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just filled up, gas under $3/gal. Biden's done it again.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I read an article today saying retailers are nervous about the holiday season so sales are happening earlier (which is true, they all started a week ago or more). Here’s my favorite part:

quote:

Such big discounts can be damaging to profitability, he says, but freight and shipping costs have fallen so much that retailers can afford to offer the sales. And the only way to beat out fellow retailers is to offer consumers value they can’t find elsewhere, since they’re penny-pinching to deal with inflation. “The consumer is not in a terrible place, but they’re cautious and you have to nudge them into spending,” he says. 

The price of items is never gonna go back to what it was before so the best thing to do is if you need something, buy it now while on sale. They can afford big sales because shits getting cheaper for companies but they won’t go back to previous pricing.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good, I hope this spells the end of "Black Friday" for good.

It won't, but I can hope it will, at least.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

anime was right posted:

they should quit being sex-crazed heathens and find jesus, their lack of faith drives their poverty

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

I read an article today saying retailers are nervous about the holiday season so sales are happening earlier (which is true, they all started a week ago or more). Here’s my favorite part:

The price of items is never gonna go back to what it was before so the best thing to do is if you need something, buy it now while on sale. They can afford big sales because shits getting cheaper for companies but they won’t go back to previous pricing.

deflation you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
prices are average. higher than last year but lower than next year.