Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I think cringe that horrible should land someone at The Hague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

kazil posted:

Do you think he called Buttigieg's office wanting to know about the pizza pedophiles?

You know who else was photographed with a big time pedophile at a public event? :thunk:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Apparently the basis for calling that dude Podesta’s «friend» is that he was mentioned in a single tweet

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Quick someone get him a copy of snowcrash. Want to see him put out a video trying to ride a motorbike in a long trench coat while carrying a samurai sword and a pizza.

Absolutely the type to get poor impulse control as a tattoo unironically.

elon musk's metaverse would be hilariously bleak.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Edmund Sparkler posted:

You know who else was photographed with a big time pedophile at a public event? :thunk:

I emailed my sources at Elon HQ about this and all I got back was 💩

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
it is interesting that elon's handlers seem to keep him from owning guns/having guns in the same room. it's the one big part of the typical insecure right wing dipshit trifecta that he's missing

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm 90% sure that photo is from his (first) Joe Rogan interview, where he smoked tha weedy and Tesla shares went down for a bit. Sometime before his twitter downfall and when most everyone still thought he was Einstein 2.0

He sometimes took an uncomfortably long time to answer Joe's dumb questions, like he was thinking about a 4d chess match. It's when I had the feeling that "huh. maybe I'm missing something, but ... he doesn't sound like a super genius, or maybe he has trouble communicating... or am I not getting it?

the signs were all there

BTW apparently he did a second interview this month, but lol if you think I'm gonna listen to it

quote:

The two discussed Marxism, and cancel culture, which Musk refers to as “mind virus.”

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

What does that even mean?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

X is not going to donate anything but pledging is free

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edmund Sparkler posted:

"If you come back and advertise with us we'll donate (x) amount that is 'associated with the war in Gaza'. How do we determine that? Shut up. I don't hate the Jews. I am giving money to Israel!!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Whenever Twitter makes money from showing hospital bombings they act as if they donate that money away.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Edmund Sparkler posted:

"wow can't believe the advertisers are leaving because I promised to donate the proceeds to Israeli and Palestinian charities, how hosed up of them"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That is the dumbest way to get advertisers back

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Edmund Sparkler posted:

“Would a hitler supporting anti-Semite racist do that? Yeah, didn’t think so. Check and mate, libs :smuggo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

off to a great start

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

That is the dumbest way to get advertisers back

The dumbest way yet

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Performative aid is still aid, I guess.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No you won't.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kazil posted:

Do you think he called Buttigieg's office wanting to know about the pizza pedophiles?

This is a way for Elon to cover his own rear end:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kazil posted:

off to a great start

I am not a genius like Elon, but aren't creed/religion synonyms?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

kazil posted:

off to a great start

Getting real strong Lowtax vibes here.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Ooh how long until we get some guilt tripping X-posts about not getting enough donations lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Promised but not delivered aid isn't aid, though

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Fat Albert in a can posted:

No actual aid will be sent, it's just Elon lying out of his rear end to score brownie points.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pookah posted:

I am not a genius like Elon, but aren't creed/religion synonyms?

no. creed is usually a doctrine or guidelines and such. religion is the whole thing and broader.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Someone will post a graph that was made on Stormfront or something made with unsubstantiated data that shows all money that you donate to the Red Crescent actually winds up in the hands of Hamas. Elon will "!!!" and then announce that he had to suspend the program as not wanting to fund terror.

He gets points for announcing the program and then gets them again for stopping money from getting in the wrong hands. He wins twice.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

This children's hospital is brought to you by Hitler

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

What’s an ad or subscription associated with war? Do the sex toys ads count?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

oh wow i guess we're just all a bunch of big jerks for being so hard on the world's richest, most generous man

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Someone should really inquire just how much revenue they're expecting that to be because the list of remotely significant advertisers who want to be associated with the Israel Palestine war has got to be drat near zero. Because that reads to me as a roundabout announcement of zero revenue from that part of the site.

Also musk is generally pro-palestine and anti-Israel for... some reason that is as unknowable as the rest of his politics... and in light of that I can't help but read that as one of those image saving efforts to clear your name by donating to charities on behalf of the group you made some mel gibson-tier statements about, except he shoehorned in donations to the palestinian side as well

anyways that's my conjecture

ben shapino posted:

oh wow i guess we're just all a bunch of big jerks for being so hard on the world's richest, most generous man

on that note, it's interesting to note that the wording there is "X Corp will" and not "I will." yeah it's x corp's money, but that statement takes ownership of nothing.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 21, 2023

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

E the Shaggy posted:

No actual aid will be sent, it's just Elon lying out of his rear end to score brownie points.
outside of the many, many, many examples of him doing exactly that, maybe this time it'll be diferent!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://x.com/WokeArchive/status/1727051853710668206?s=20

lmao who would have predicted it playing out this way; love the comments in the replies split between Elon having to do this to appear neutral and those saying this is just Musk giving money to the WEF/Jews/Zionists. also a couple people calling Woke Archive a jew for allegedly dating a trans person.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mannerup posted:

also a couple people calling Woke Archive a jew for allegedly dating a trans person.

like as a joke, cos if not just lol at what the hell "logic" is going on with that.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Reuters posted:

In February, Mark Bova purchased a used 2018 Tesla Model S. Before leaving the dealer, he bought insurance from Tesla itself, finding the initial $93 monthly premium “really reasonable.”

Sixteen days later, as he drove along the Capital Beltway to his Maryland home, he engaged Autopilot, Tesla’s automated driving system. The car started beeping and lurched left — striking a median and flipping. He escaped through a window as the car filled with smoke. An ambulance rushed him to the hospital with back injuries that later required surgery.

“I’m a former Green Beret,” Bova said, referring to the U.S. Army Special Forces. “That was probably the second-most traumatic thing I've gone through other than being in combat.”

His ordeal isn’t over. Tesla Insurance, launched in 2019 by the electric-car company, has promised policyholders “vastly better” service than rivals, as Tesla chief Elon Musk put it in April 2022. Musk also said he aimed to offer “same-day” collision repairs. But Bova says he has been battling the insurer ever since the crash.

He said he waited seven months for payment on the totaled vehicle and still hasn’t been compensated for about $50,000 in medical expenses. That required a call to the automaker’s product liability department because the crash involved Autopilot, he was told. He waited on hold for hours and got hung up on four times, he said. When someone finally answered, the person promised another callback in two weeks. Four months later, he’s still waiting.
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-insurance/

:lol:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

How is this not the Onion? The faded American flag and skull on the brick wall behind him is the chef's kiss

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Thanks for helping Linda

Real life is movies

Ubersandwich posted:

Someone will post a graph that was made on Stormfront or something made with unsubstantiated data that shows all money that you donate to the Red Crescent actually winds up in the hands of Hamas. Elon will "!!!" and then announce that he had to suspend the program as not wanting to fund terror.

He gets points for announcing the program and then gets them again for stopping money from getting in the wrong hands. He wins twice.

close enough

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

Thanks for helping Linda

Real life is movies

close enough

It's ironic because usually Chana's a-ok with people bombing hospitals :v:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

dr_rat posted:

like as a joke, cos if not just lol at what the hell "logic" is going on with that.
after briefly looking into it, the jew comments are from him getting into a big dispute with Matt Wallace (one of the largest Musk dick riders on the platform with 1.3m followers) a few days ago by calling him out for saying that Israel did 9/11. The comments went about as well as you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

It's ironic because usually Chana's a-ok with people bombing hospitals :v:

Yeah, the terrorists are the people who attack hospitals and use a fig leaf of Arabic calendars as "proof" that it was a command node.