Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

like I said this means that the Institutions Binance (and likely Tether) are here to stay. this is good for Binance and Crypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

prices are average. higher than last year but lower than next year.

thats right

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WrasslorMonkey posted:

We called it a "smoke test"

daaym bro I also smoke test every day

we should hang in my basement

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

webcams for christ posted:

like I said this means that the Institutions Binance (and likely Tether) are here to stay. this is good for Binance and Crypto

Binance is going to liquidate 4 billion worth of BNB coin to pay their plea deal and its going to cause a liquidity crisis because they comingle customer and company funds, and they're going to go bankrupt.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

DOW SOARS! ECONOMY HUMMING!

lol like clockwork.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Retromancer posted:

DOW SOARS! ECONOMY HUMMING!

lol like clockwork.

It is scientific.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Glumwheels posted:

I read an article today saying retailers are nervous about the holiday season so sales are happening earlier (which is true, they all started a week ago or more). Here’s my favorite part:

The price of items is never gonna go back to what it was before so the best thing to do is if you need something, buy it now while on sale. They can afford big sales because shits getting cheaper for companies but they won’t go back to previous pricing.

Lol this is just describing market capitalism the way it's described in econ 101 textbooks.

:qq: I have to offer filthy customers VALUE in order to get sales?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

daaym bro I also smoke test every day

we should hang in my basement

I'm a teetotaler, sorry

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I misread that as BBB and dropped my phone

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I'm a teetotaler, sorry

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LonsomeSon posted:

my mother in law volunteers with an org which picks up about-to-expire meats from grocery stores and gets them to households in the county, so with that help and cutting back on everything which isn’t the cheapest forms of bulk staples we’re able to make twice as much money/mo in food stamps as we got in 2019 last about 3 weeks

salad days (we can have fresh produce once a week until snap runs out)

Don't most grocery stores trash their stuff rather than let it go to someone else?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

You have to remember you are responding to people who won't even feel the recession unless someone mugs them for food money

a matthew yglesias, one might say

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

sullat posted:

Don't most grocery stores trash their stuff rather than let it go to someone else?

yes, but they will give away things in bulk specifically for tax writeoffs.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Binance is going to liquidate 4 billion worth of BNB coin to pay their plea deal and its going to cause a liquidity crisis because they comingle customer and company funds, and they're going to go bankrupt.

I think hellworld theory will prevail: they'll wriggle their way out of this one

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

sullat posted:

sometimes you can find particular general managers who have part of a conscience

also for all i know it might be old people dumpster diving to feed their neighbors, they wouldn’t volunteer that information and i would never ask, but it would be pretty cool if my in-law was doing penny-ante Robin Hood poo poo

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the justin.tv goon is now threatening to resign as CEO of openai after <48 hours? because the board aren't being honest or something? and the number of staff threatening to resign is up over 700, or 90%+?

sounds good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mola Yam posted:

the justin.tv goon is now threatening to resign as CEO of openai after <48 hours? because the board aren't being honest or something? and the number of staff threatening to resign is up over 700, or 90%+?

sounds good

is justin.tv what twitch used to be?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mola Yam posted:

sounds good

This man is my new hero if he dramas his way into a golden parachute after like a week.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Salt Fish posted:

I've never heard it called a 'plea deal' before. I'm stealing this. I'll name drop Something Awful Forums User, Salt Fish, if you'd like.

Retromancer posted:

:qq: I have to offer filthy customers VALUE in order to get sales?

I overheard a radio show this morning...

A: What do you think of this McDonald's franchise that offered people $50 just to interview?

B: Well I've consulted for thousands of companies and the first thing I'd do is tell the owner to take that $50 times however many interviewees you got, and give it to your current employees. Do something nice for them. Make sure you're retaining more experienced employees.

MFW: 🤯

anonumos has issued a correction as of 01:15 on Nov 22, 2023

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

I missed Biden's birthday,

gently caress

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

cat botherer posted:

I missed Biden's birthday,

gently caress

Well his death day isn't too far in the future so you can look forward to that

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

euphronius posted:

is inflation is def not 3.7 and even if it were that is still bad and based solely on low gas prices

Gas prices, airfare, and used car prices brought 15%+ inflation down to 3.6% lol

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I got a scorcher of a take: affordable housing would be bad for the economy, because if people weren't spending 30-80% of their paycheck on housing they'd go on spending sprees with the additiona discretionary income, driving up prices and causing mega inflation

Someone at the university of Chicago please hire me

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/brian_goldstone/status/1727093757076475994

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mila kunis posted:

I got a scorcher of a take: affordable housing would be bad for the economy, because if people weren't spending 30-80% of their paycheck on housing they'd go on spending sprees with the additiona discretionary income, driving up prices and causing mega inflation

Someone at the university of Chicago please hire me

if there's one thing the economy hates it's consumer spending

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:d2a:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

sounds good

Imagine if you could get 700 people to sign a union card in that time frame. Why do these dumb fucks feel so strongly about their boss.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

In Training posted:

Imagine if you could get 700 people to sign a union card in that time frame. Why do these dumb fucks feel so strongly about their boss.

Programmers are socially inept dweebs OP (am a programmer.)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I assume this has already been posted

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1727068498197901568?t=W13tni5vNpedNEzNbdr47g&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comically evil

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it has to be that they think their company stock will lose a lot of value with the celebrity ceo gone, it's either that or he was running an actual cult

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I was wondering why eggs were over seven bucks again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

actually it was SUpply Chain Problems

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

“you worked for a company that fixed egg prices”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I went grocery shopping yesterday after work and noticed egg prices went from 1.99 to 2.19 and there were signs posted all over: "EGG PRICES UP BECAUSE OF AVIAN FLU".

A far loving cry from seeing eggs go up to like $8/dozen in 2022. In China they would've already executed a dozen CEOs over this.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shear Modulus posted:

it has to be that they think their company stock will lose a lot of value with the celebrity ceo gone, it's either that or he was running an actual cult

It can be two things. Different people will be invested in each to different degrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

A far loving cry from seeing eggs go up to like $8/dozen in 2022. In China they would've already executed a dozen CEOs over this.
the most surprising thing about $8/dozen eggs is they weren't able to keep prices elevated, they probably could have. americans woulda kept paying