Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

this applies for every game since y3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

come close grasshopper, as I tell you a secret: start a fight near any convenience store, then ignore the goons and run inside. smash everything, every shelf, every rack, absolutely everything breakable because it all counts. each individual bottle on that shelf? they all count. smashing the store front windows? counts. if you totally clean the place out you'll get over 100 objects destroyed. move on to the next convenience store and repeat until finished

poo poo, I checked if destroying bikes and stuff with punches counted and it never did, but I never tried to smash up a convenience store.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the hardest part is not killing the goons as they run inside to attack you

also: destroying things with gadgets doesn't count so don't just throw a bunch of cigarettes in there. you gotta do it the old fashioned way

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im am sorry about your sick dogs and animals. having to go to the emergency vet is a horrible experience that rarely ends well, and even if it does, it costs at least $5k either way

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
awful tempted to buy the ff7 remake on steam even though i have it on ps4 already since im not gonna buy a ps5 and i can play it while i wait for the sequel to be ported to pc

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1727065979782316330 has anyone actually done this??

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

im am sorry about your sick dogs and animals. having to go to the emergency vet is a horrible experience that rarely ends well, and even if it does, it costs at least $5k either way

Hot take: Dogs/cats are better than video games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

drat horror queefs posted:

Hot take: Dogs/cats are better than video games

no argument here

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

nintendogs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

nintendogs

best of both worlds

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm kinda fallen off of Pacha at this point, a lot of choices I don't agree with and I feel like i'm never able to get a moment to breathe. The lack of good places to buy seeds sucks, they really should give you seeds from harvests (at least at a small percent chance). Also whoever decided that winter needs to have a bunch of seasonal plants, gently caress you, winter in these games is supposed to let me focus on other poo poo!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

yay

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Xaris posted:

AMID EVIL 1.5 and death trash has a sale but otherwise same. or anything else is already free* on GP

but yeah same. im booked up for the rest of the year

i stalled out on bg3 when i got to the titular city after 130 hours, now im back into it tho

in the meantime i played a bunch of:

cryptark (fantastic)
rdr2 again (ditto, i quit drinking and bought a new video card with the proceeds)
alan wake 2 (see above, also i put that on pause so i could play through...
Alan wake 1 on easy (gently caress yeah this is a blast)
anno 1800 for a bit (eh, fine, i like seeing the little dudes walk around but then it turns into a job)
farthest frontier for a bit (eh, fine see above)
cyberpunk 2.0 (super good)

in conclusion video games

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Grey Fox posted:

lol Diablo IV is free on steam for a *week*

Perfect amount of time to play and burn out on it for free

more like perfect amount of time for the casuals to get into that deadly 4-10 hours of invested time zone that creates a psychological commitment to spending money on the game to finish it

diablo 4 is pretty great up until the second the campaign ends, and all the people who'd get thru the campaign in under a week already bought it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sebmojo posted:

i stalled out on bg3 when i got to the titular city after 130 hours, now im back into it tho

it's crazy how big the third act is considering you're expecting the game to be wrapping up, there's a ton of poo poo you can miss

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sebmojo posted:

in the meantime i played a bunch of:

cryptark (fantastic)
rdr2 again (ditto, i quit drinking and bought a new video card with the proceeds)
alan wake 2 (see above, also i put that on pause so i could play through...
Alan wake 1 on easy (gently caress yeah this is a blast)
anno 1800 for a bit (eh, fine, i like seeing the little dudes walk around but then it turns into a job)
farthest frontier for a bit (eh, fine see above)
cyberpunk 2.0 (super good)

in conclusion video games

good list glad you're drinking less and knocking out some backlog

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Eminem posted a teaser for his Fortnite collab.
https://twitter.com/Eminem/status/1727061013776982431?t=kuVSWnGQkbKdXMUF4zt7tg&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

still funny

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Buck Wildman posted:

good list glad you're drinking less and knocking out some backlog

it's legit really nice and relaxing! also getting skinnier without any real effort hell yeah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

-_- this reminded me i never finished live a live

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

is the new fire emblem game any good, or it more waifu simulator stuff?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

-_- this reminded me i never finished live a live

you should it's awesome

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I haven't played a waifu wars game since three houses which I enjoyed but also taught me that sort of game was behind me now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Lol my vet cut their hours to the point where I can't get an appointment without taking a day off of work and also they're booked solid 6 months out. the vet industry is collapsing and I'm gonna just chalk it up to private equity since that seems to be the reason why everything sucks now.

It literally is. The people who make M&M's are also destroying the veterinarian industry and are a nightmare to work for.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Why would you play other SRPGs when XCOM 2 exists?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Retromancer posted:

front mission lets you build cool robots and smash em up

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Buck Wildman posted:

front mission lets you build cool robots and smash em up

invalid since XCOM 2 also has cool robots.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

combat mission is best

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

diamond consoles

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Retromancer posted:

invalid since XCOM 2 also has cool robots.

well I never

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

I like my Wireless G Pro, aside from the double-triple clicking QA/QC issue (and the just absolutely horrendous offshored logitech support) that went away somehow. i've got one for work and one for home, a+ Intellimouse (GOAT) form factor, good battery/sensor. absolutely zero connectivity issues and no lag

if i had one complaint, the side buttons on intellimouse were better cuz you could also use your ring finger to touch the right-side

$80 is a bit pricey for sure though https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PRO-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B07GCKQD77

mouse selection just always comes down to the form factor first, then finding the model that doesn't suck rear end. for me, intellimouse is the best form factor of all time and i only like ambi-mice. other people like those specific handed forms with the grippy thumb rests.

I also really liked ROCCAT mice, they had fantastic build quality and materials, but i havent used one in like 7 years: https://www.roccat.com/collections/gaming-mice

I have a fancy gaming mouse, the Razer Basilisk, and it's perfectly designed for my hand, almost like it was directly made with it in mind. But it's so perfectly ergonomically suited to my hand that I feel like someone might not have a good experience with it if they don't have the same size hands. I have long fingers and a normal-sized hand. I feel like it might not work well with shorter fingers, or with a larger palm.

edit: drat, you can get the base version (which has the most important part to me, the form factor) for pretty cheap - https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Basilisk-Customizable-Ergonomic-Gaming/dp/B09C13PZX7

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Nov 21, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

steam prices still too high, crunch time not brutal enough

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

In a year we'll be talking about GTA6 getting marked down to $130 for steam sale.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Retromancer posted:

It's too drat long my dude

The greys can keep earth if I gotta sink 200 hours of my life into kicking them out

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

It's too drat long my dude

The greys can keep earth if I gotta sink 200 hours of my life into kicking them out

Politifact says this statement is FALSE: A playthrough of XCOM 2's campaign can be completed in around 30-35 hours, with variables based on player skill and difficulty.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Retromancer posted:

Politifact says this statement is FALSE: A playthrough of XCOM 2's campaign can be completed in around 30-35 hours, with variables based on player skill and difficulty.

Idk maybe it's because I played with war of the chosen on but that poo poo was long as hell. Definitely longer than 35 hours.

Also maybe I suck so plug that into your stats Mr science guy :hehe:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Idk maybe it's because I played with war of the chosen on but that poo poo was long as hell. Definitely longer than 35 hours.

Also maybe I suck so plug that into your stats Mr science guy :hehe:

I find that games usually take me much longer to finish than the stated amounts. I'm not sure why it is, since I'm not exactly some mega-completionist.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

The hardest difficulty (the only way to play SCRUBS) is also 50% longer, which is 33% too long

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hell yeah. its an incredibly amazing masterpiece. stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

I'm kinda fallen off of Pacha at this point, a lot of choices I don't agree with and I feel like i'm never able to get a moment to breathe. The lack of good places to buy seeds sucks, they really should give you seeds from harvests (at least at a small percent chance). Also whoever decided that winter needs to have a bunch of seasonal plants, gently caress you, winter in these games is supposed to let me focus on other poo poo!!!
I honestly dont remember having an issue with seeds in the game. I had a pretty long vertical farm and always had way more that I could plant? the seed guy was right next to your base iirc.

thats also just how most of these games go is there's always multiple things you could be doing, but there's also no real true time crunch so you can just do whatever you feel like at your leisure

but anyways, give Sandrock a whirl. its good, better than Pacha imo