Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

its only snitching if the person doesn't deserve to get their rear end kicked, hope this helps

My last ex snitched on their upstairs neighbours for being loud. Management talked to them, neighbours became louder and antagonistic. More complaints made but nothing more ever done, neighbours made her life miserable until she moved out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Charles Bukowski posted:

My last ex snitched on their upstairs neighbours for being loud. Management talked to them, neighbours became louder and antagonistic. More complaints made but nothing more ever done, neighbours made her life miserable until she moved out.

thankfully (in this one very specific case) my landlord is a psychotic rich white lady her in her late fifties who is too good for management companies. called her up and she is steaming, so hopefully that goes somewhere

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

deep dish peat moss posted:

I drew some avs feel free to use one

Could you draw a real big dick on one of them

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

you don't turn in someone for a noise complaint unless you're committed to winning that war to be fair

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my new neighbors have 4 cars and have decided that parking them on the street is unconscionable, so instead they pull two into their two parking spaces and then block 4 out of 6 cars in that row in with the other two, and now I have to play row the boat with a stick shift to get out of my parking space most times since they also park those cars diagonally like total poo poo

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bagmonkey posted:

you don't turn in someone for a noise complaint unless you're committed to winning that war to be fair

yeah, you gotta follow through and also somehow be capable of presenting actual consequences. elsewise all you’re doing is asking to be bullied

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dick Fontaine posted:

yeah, you gotta follow through and also somehow be capable of presenting actual consequences. elsewise all you’re doing is asking to be bullied

I put a dining room chair under someone's (only exit) door handle when they wouldn't turn their music down when I was at my ex's place, consequences fuckin own lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I put a dining room chair under someone's (only exit) door handle when they wouldn't turn their music down when I was at my ex's place, consequences fuckin own lol

Huh. I wonder if this has anything to do with the US building code requiring all external facing doors to open inward.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dick Fontaine posted:

noise complaints are one of the great battles of wits of the modern city living era

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Wendigee posted:

Huh. I wonder if this has anything to do with the US building code requiring all external facing doors to open inward.

probably, that place wasn't up to code lol there were at least three doors that if opened, would smack into each other and block the hallway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol the upstairs clog dancing family

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

probably, that place wasn't up to code lol there were at least three doors that if opened, would smack into each other and block the hallway

lol very safe and very good

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

people say you should get your kid a dog so they learn what real friendship is, but i say you should get them a cat so they can learn how to deal with bullies and assholes

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

lol very safe and very good

i honestly loved that building despite its nature as a death trap. Detroit post-bankruptcy was a real fun place to live

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bagmonkey posted:

i honestly loved that building despite its nature as a death trap. Detroit post-bankruptcy was a real fun place to live

yeah the building I live in right now is totally a deathtrap (all the doors are up to code at least lol) but I know people 3 miles away from us who pay more money for a duplex with more parking problems, less internal space and hasn't been renovated since at least the 70's

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Noisy people blow and deserve to suffer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I remember the shock of my first noisy as hell roommate. David. A heel walker. Every step just pounding the floor. Like an effort. And he was just clumsy loud in everything he did. Banging and rattling all the time. I could tell it wasn't malicious, it was just David, so what are you gonna do?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

redshirt posted:

I remember the shock of my first noisy as hell roommate. David. A heel walker. Every step just pounding the floor. Like an effort. And he was just clumsy loud in everything he did. Banging and rattling all the time. I could tell it wasn't malicious, it was just David, so what are you gonna do?

Buy him slippers.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think people should be considerate of others…why not done?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Buy him slippers.

cut his feet off and replace them with roombas

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Buy him slippers.

Thankfully it was one semester and I only heard him a couple of times after.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Could you draw a real big dick on one of them

Which one

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Not everyone can be a moderator

Counterpoint: anyone can be a moderator

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Charles Bukowski posted:

I dunno how you Americans can even go to work. I'd be out looking for possums.

As a matter of fact, many American employers sponsor workplace possum-surveillance activities to drive employee engagement. Sadly, most ideas for driving employee engagement are much dumber.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Counterpoint: anyone can be a moderator

counter-counterpoint: why the hell would anyone want to BE a moderator? besides mental health issues, i mean

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

dee eight posted:

counter-counterpoint: why the hell would anyone want to BE a moderator? besides mental health issues, i mean

So you can banish people you disagree with. Sounds nice to me.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So you can banish people you disagree with. Sounds nice to me.

power tripping is a mental health issue

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

dee eight posted:

Many people are asking this.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

dee eight posted:

Yeah but it gives you a MASSIVE rush of dopamine when you do it, it's better than coke.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dee eight posted:

What if I’m power tripping on shrooms

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
big news, the gbs chat thread has been nominated for an Emmy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

What if I’m power tripping on shrooms

What if its like a Metal POWER TRIPPING!!!!!?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Indeed, her problem was being a woman and the upstairs neighbour being an angry violent man. I wasn't there all the time, and the times he came to her door she would just refuse to answer it while he hammered on the door and yelled. Management company was utterly useless, just ignored her. She sent a letter to come board or commission or something, who then told her they never got her letter, so she gave up.

I wasn't allowed to do anything while I was over, and I understood and respected it, but I was mad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sold out Meshuggah concert tonight. Shits gonna go down. :blastu:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Enjoy the flu lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Indeed, her problem was being a woman and the upstairs neighbour being an angry violent man. I wasn't there all the time, and the times he came to her door she would just refuse to answer it while he hammered on the door and yelled. Management company was utterly useless, just ignored her. She sent a letter to come board or commission or something, who then told her they never got her letter, so she gave up.

I wasn't allowed to do anything while I was over, and I understood and respected it, but I was mad.

I hope that man is powerbombed through a million tables in hell for eternity

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i'm winding down for the night. i did the dishes, made sure the kitties got a snack, took some drugs, you know the usual stuff

now i'm thinking about threads i might start but probably won't

one is 'post your family catch phrases that crack you up but nobody else would understand'

me and mrs d8 have a good selection including:

WHERE'S THE PUS !?
Whack it, Kevin!
Hot dogs and batteries

another one is 'nominate inductees to the pantheon of good'

my first choice of course is mr. rogers and i'd also include bob ross, dolly parton, and capt. kangaroo

anybody feel like it, go ahead and use my ideas

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I humbly accept nomination

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

dee eight posted:

To foster a welcoming community of likeminded goons :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Enjoy the flu lol

get his rear end 😷