Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Lucy’s answers during the final task destroyed me.

absolutely brilliant yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Heavy_D posted:

The conceit at the heart of the final task - that everything Alex did was a distraction because all the questions were about Greg - was masterful misdirection delivered through such extraordinary effort. All those red herrings about which hand he had which prop in, etc. Completely took me in, but it should have been foreseeable, as it's very on brand for the TM-assistant dynamic.

I kind of think for the last question you could have just said the question cards. Greg didn't specify which hand, did he?

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I kind of think for the last question you could have just said the question cards. Greg didn't specify which hand, did he?

That was my answer!

I didn't get any points for it :smith:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
still watching the new episode, but drat, are UK (or whatever denomination) coins really that thick?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxAZUwzpjosg7obPHFVboFr6uD-A_Z6neS?si=2b8iuSh8vM4IkRTe

It's like watching my brain struggle through life.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

PhazonLink posted:

still watching the new episode, but drat, are UK (or whatever denomination) coins really that thick?

Yes, often. The smallest denomination of note we have is £5, for a transaction around the $1 dollar bill mark we have the thicker £1 and £2 coins.

Even though lots of contestants were disqualified in the card task, I think we can still enjoy and admire the performances. Particularly Sue, who had two big brain ideas of moving the clown and throwing an extra pack of cards in (and "Classic 72" would have been the better episode title in my book, I prefer when it's unintentionally funny). "Big ideas, lacking in execution" basically sums up Sue's time on the show though. The real tragedy is that she violated the rules in a completely immaterial way and but for that would have matched Dara's perfect episode score.

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 19, 2023

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PhazonLink posted:

Those were pound coins, which are fairly thicc. About the same as Euros though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the driving task was fun, but i dont like the whole figure out the rules as you fail and reset thing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

what does Lucy even say here in the start?

"toes taste a dairy"?? 8 episodes and then this outtake has her ramping up the accent to god levels.

She has a joke about her accent at the start of this standup routine that I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEXqywc6RE

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Tagra posted:

ALSO! I was annoyed that no one acknowledged Lucy's prize task entry. She brought in literal old crap. Maybe still not worth more than 1 point, because there's not much chance Greg would like it, but it was a deeper entry than it seemed at first glance.

Kinda doubt it was though:

https://i.imgur.com/EBew3rh.mp4

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

the driving task was fun, but i dont like the whole figure out the rules as you fail and reset thing.

I feel like somebody asked what every flag does after their first fail and Alex answered so if you have good memory you wouldn't need to reset multiple times

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

They only had 10 seconds of lessons between attempts though. You can see a few lessons where Alex says "off you go" and the person has to drive off without getting another answer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I feel like no-one’s been thinky this season. Like, Dara or Ed would have watched the traffic signal flags for a moment and asked what all the colours mean before even setting off. Julian came closest asking first, but he only asked one colour and then was away, instantly caught up by approaching the 2nd signal which was a different colour.

Everyone’s been a manic ‘ok GO!’ first idea, do it.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

We're on season 7 of Kongen Befaler and I don't know if he's just coming across unfortunately but drat, I am getting really unpleasant vibes from Leo Ajkic. It feels like he isn't clever, isn't funny, can't make fun of himself, and gets pissy when he does poorly and then remembers he's on camera and tries to cover it up, all while trying to maintain some kind of mob boss persona. It's kinda dragging down the episodes...

Lars and Vidar are pulling it up though.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah, I honestly can't think of any contestant on any of the four Taskmaster iterations I've seen who even came close to how much of a drag Leo was on that season. It often felt like he didn't want to be there. A rare misstep in casting, I think.

I loved all four of the others, though.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm sad we only have one episode left with this brilliant bunch.

Think i'm going to miss Julian the most.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Trig Discipline posted:

She has a joke about her accent at the start of this standup routine that I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEXqywc6RE

Loved that opening joke. She's so cute but perhaps not if you had to listen to that accent every day.

Wish they'd get Karl Pilkington on the show

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Think i'm going to miss Julian the most.

I'm very early, but suggesting "How we laughed" as the next thread subtitle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Trabant posted:

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

Annakie posted:

Yeah, I honestly can't think of any contestant on any of the four Taskmaster iterations I've seen who even came close to how much of a drag Leo was on that season. It often felt like he didn't want to be there. A rare misstep in casting, I think.

I loved all four of the others, though.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's giving off real toxic masculinity energy, like normally if he made a mistake he'd immediately blame someone else, but now he's locked himself into this show where he's being filmed loving up and then they make fun of him for loving up and he has no choice but to admit he hosed up and he's not taking it well.

Apparently he's coming back for their Christmas special, so maybe he wants to redeem that. Or... maybe he'll drag that one down too...

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Trabant posted:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Tagra posted:

We're on season 7 of Kongen Befaler and I don't know if he's just coming across unfortunately but drat, I am getting really unpleasant vibes from Leo Ajkic. It feels like he isn't clever, isn't funny, can't make fun of himself, and gets pissy when he does poorly and then remembers he's on camera and tries to cover it up, all while trying to maintain some kind of mob boss persona. It's kinda dragging down the episodes...

Lars and Vidar are pulling it up though.
Is there any way to watch the later seasons of that show with English subtitles without resorting to :files:? The Taskmaster official channel only has the first two seasons (which are mostly great although I'm kinda getting tired of Maria Stavang's schtick).

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

anilEhilated posted:

Is there any way to watch the later seasons of that show with English subtitles without resorting to :files:? The Taskmaster official channel only has the first two seasons (which are mostly great although I'm kinda getting tired of Maria Stavang's schtick).

I got all the subtitles off Reddit (fan translations), so... not that I am aware of.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Here we goooo

EDIT: oooh, New Years Treat cast reveal at the end of the ep

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Susan is my favourite

EDIT: Susan NO

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 23, 2023

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The_Doctor posted:

Susan is my favourite

EDIT: Susan NO

I haven't watched it yet but anything Susan did I support her and will pay for the damage. And then I'll make them pay for what they did to St. Susan

(Is St. short for Saint or Street? I might have said something dumb)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I haven't watched it yet but anything Susan did I support her and will pay for the damage. And then I'll make them pay for what they did to St. Susan

(Is St. short for Saint or Street? I might have said something dumb)

Saint before the noun, street after.

St. Susan = Saint Susan
Susan St. = Susan Street

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This is the most unhinged episode ever. It's glorious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, this is great :dogcited:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New Years Treat cast:

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1727809569571610804

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Great episode, underwhelming cast announcement

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I would watch an entire episode of the Hotel task.

Other than that, Julian spitting on Alex was an uncomfortable note.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Taskmaster S17 - Punch the I don’t think we can have that as a thread title

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lenny Rush is only 14, making him the youngest contestant so far.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Mainwaring posted:

Great episode, underwhelming cast announcement
It's the NY episode, so it's always going to be a mix of people not-at-all comedy-adjacent that initially underwhelms. And then you get Adrian Chiles crawling around with no trousers on.

That doughnut task was possibly the best of the series, and was a classic simple setup that delivered something unexpected. Also, there wasn't enough shid action this series; so many great tasks involve them going in to the shid then coming out with inappropriate items to complete said task.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 23, 2023

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Finally, someone matched Romesh and the watermelon.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I was sceptical about the idea of reviving Fawlty Towers but I've been proven wrong! "He's from Barcelona" transitioned seamlessly into "She's French". And Susan's absolute meltdown over the cutlery, magic. Really do hope they can get the Celebrity Four In A Bed idea off the ground.

I liked how the exercise task borrowed an idea from TM NZ (have each contestant do actions at the start/end that chain together) but used it in a really different way. Constantly cutting between them helped to keep it working.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was surprised when listening to last week's podcast that Julian was so close, but knowing that I kept count in my head and was heartbroken when the ball didn't stay in the tub.

Another nice touch: They updated Sam's photo to a blond one for this episode.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I think this is my favourite single episode of all taskmaster, through time nations and space. It's like... watching a great Disney movie? sort of? when you're a child, and i love every single one of them. Only thing missing is the epos ending where they defeat Evil and the henchman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
That was loving great!

This looks loving awful!