Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Jumping from no cell phones to smart phones to tracking down an internet troll in like 4 chapters, morikawa is cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I agree with Mashiba's fans 100%

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

that's weird. if you take my original link and select 1441 on the right, it takes you to the first page of 1441 but doesn't actually update the url until you move forward a page.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This chapter is Ippo's first step....in understanding social media

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's loving takamura

it's always that loving guy

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Babe Magnet posted:

it's loving takamura

it's always that loving guy

yeah, this is what i thought instantly

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Ippo's brain damage is so bad he didn't realize he's been boxing for decades now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Chapter 1441

I'm curious if it was called twitter or x in the raws.

you linked to the wrong chapter you rear end in a top hat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Scallop Eyes posted:

Ippo's brain damage is so bad he didn't realize he's been boxing for decades now

totally skipped over the covid years

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

can't believe we're gonna get like 4-5 chapters for this twitter arc...

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

you linked to the wrong chapter you rear end in a top hat

oh no

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
You tell em, Yagi. Have to say, this isn't what I expected the issue to be.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
i was cackling the whole time. loving Itagaki you moron lol.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Not a single missing apostrophe or your/you're typo, it's like Morikawa has never even seen social media :rolleyes:

Also that one thweet with all the emojis was giving me flashbacks to those horny daddy posts :whitewater:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

It's me, I'm in the manga, retweeting, hooting and hollering online trolling Itagaki and calling him a loser

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When was the last time we saw aoki's disciples? Feels like it had to have been years and years ago.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That idiot Ippo has been watching VHS (maybe even betamax!) tapes of his opponents to prepare for fights when he could just have gone to youtube.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

trucutru posted:

That idiot Ippo has been watching VHS (maybe even betamax!) tapes of his opponents to prepare for fights when he could just have gone to youtube.

Morikawa probably got tired and gave up explaining to his junior assistants how things worked in 2000 and let them roll with it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Thwitter

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

That Works posted:

Morikawa probably got tired and gave up explaining to his junior assistants how things worked in 2000 and let them roll with it.

Just have itagaki post in 2ch instead, steins gate style.

it's just funny for them to go "gently caress it! cell phones for everyone! let's Xpost on X!".

I can't believe Tyson-san got his own cartoon show where he solves mysteries!
-Ippo (before becoming a detective)

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Xh

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
if its not mamoru (mukky) takamura
its itagakis dad.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
its apparently kimura, if you reverse the name you get his name back or something (per reddit)

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
also he keeps turning away and tapping away, lmao.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Exercu posted:

also he keeps turning away and tapping away, lmao.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

The rolling present is probably a good idea but it's funny George waited 15 years to pull the trigger on smartphones.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

bet it was one of his assistant's filler ideas

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Mr. Deathy posted:

The rolling present is probably a good idea but it's funny George waited 15 years to pull the trigger on smartphones.
I bet he just found out about them recently.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/138/1442/page/1

legitimately cried tears of laughter in the back half of this chapter lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

tbp posted:

just in a silly goofy mood

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

tbp posted:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

this feels like a fever dream

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

lmao what the gently caress

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao a fuckin omen

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
What the gently caress was that second part. I know thats Itagaki's dad, but who is the other guy?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i was genuinely crying when i got to the page of takamura, itagakis dad and the loving regular just sitting around in that absolutely disgusting apartment with a loving hot pot going

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This poo poo rules lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scallop Eyes posted:

What the gently caress was that second part. I know thats Itagaki's dad, but who is the other guy?

Other guy is a bum who is a fan of Kimura that has hung around with Takamura lately.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Scallop Eyes posted:

he was a recurring joke character who originally showed up in the audience of one of Kimura's matches and chatted with Takamura there. he was acting all mysterious and knowledgeable so Takamura thought he was some kind of expert, and then the next day Takamura found out he was actually a broke gambler who was sleeping on the streets. for whatever reason, Takamura really took to him, and they've been pals ever since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what's the deal with the drawings of the bodies in the last half, even Takimura. I thought he wasn't doing weight control anymore, it looks out of proportion