Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If Tony Khan wants to get more money out of me he’s going to need to add a Rant Room

That's what the press scrums used to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It's one of the only Dynamites in recent weeks I'll be able to watch live, so Tony better put his money where his mouth is and not appear on television to make an awkward announcement that could be made by a wrestler with some charisma.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm traveling so will have that excuse when tony demands more cash

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

How does Tony in Kayfabe say there won't be any outside interference, the exception proves the rule and then normal outside interference is totally fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Continental classic sounds sick

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

keithy george posted:

How does Tony in Kayfabe say there won't be any outside interference, the exception proves the rule and then normal outside interference is totally fine.

It's a weird tacit admission that interference is fine in all non-Continental Classic matches and doesn't make sense kayfabe or otherwise imo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Continental classic sounds sick

Take it to the hug box, pal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

Take it to the hug box, pal.

What you mean by this?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They should have made the hype start earlier than the day of if they were actually going to deliver on good lineups even if :laffo: at no Takeshita

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

What you mean by this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Link not working for me.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Link not working for me.

try resetting your modem

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

post hole digger posted:

try resetting your modem

This guy is trying to get you to gently caress up your home computer as a funny joke. You actually need to delete your system32 folder

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

This guy is trying to get you to gently caress up your home computer as a funny joke. You actually need to delete your system32 folder

what happened to all previous 31 systems

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
What are the 9 circles of AEW Hell?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

What are the 9 circles of AEW Hell?

Full Gear 2023
Dynamite
Collision
Rampage
Dark
Dark elevation
BTE
Sammy’s Blog
Fuego’s Blog

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Full Gear 2023
Dynamite
Collision
Rampage
Dark
Dark elevation
BTE
Sammy’s Blog
Fuego’s Blog

Appreciate the quick response, rated 5.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smarxist posted:

i'm honestly vibrating with excitement for bracket discourse

guaranteed to infuriate at least 30% of the fanbase for some stupid reason or another

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChrisOHalloran/status/1727399294523916678

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
excited for the continental cup, the one time of the year when superstars from the blue brand and the gold brand duke it out for bragging rights

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yesterday, I made a list of what I thought was the best wrestlers and biggest stars on the AEW roster that I thought should be in the Continental Classic if it was going to meet Khan's statement of "stars wrestling stars". For the record, of the guys already announced at that point, I would've put Bryan, Andrade and Eddie on the list and not Mark Briscoe. I left off Jericho, Copeland and Cage who are all big stars and great wrestlers but there's no way I'm asking them to wrestle six times in a month on a couple week's notice. I also left off PAC cause who the gently caress ever knows what's going on with PAC.

Claudio Castagnoli
Darby Allin*
Hangman Adam Page
Jay White
Kenny Omega
Konosuke Takeshita
Malakai Black
Orange Cassidy
MJF**
Ricky Starks
Jon Moxley
RUSH
Samoa Joe**
Swerve Strickland

And the final roster wound up being:

So you have 8 guys you could reasonably classify as "the best wrestlers and biggest stars in AEW" and four guys....not. I guess that's a decent ratio at the end of the day, and there's some stuff I really like. I like getting Jay White immediately back on the horse, he can wash the taste of that stupid main event away with a strong record in this tournament. I also like Swerve going from a huge win right into this tournament, there's a chance to really seize some momentum with him there. But there's still some pretty glaring omissions here. No Takeshita is just confusing, his utilization since beating Omega continues to be ridiculously bad. No Omega or Hangman feels pretty bad, because they're guys that have done these tournaments and excelled at them and I feel like I keep asking this question, why did we sign the Elite to these giant contracts if we're not gonna use 'em for anything important? No Malakai Black, but Brody King is just bizarre. BCC is all over this thing, but instead of House of Black's leader, we get the secondary guy, that makes the tournament feel secondary. No Orange Cassidy or Ricky Starks means that there's no currents AEW Champions in this thing, which again, hurts its perceived importance and misses one of the thing that's most fun about the G1, seeing current champions taking shocking losses to set up future defenses. I dunno. The Gold Block looks pretty cool, I guess. But I looked at the two matches for the Blue Block they have for Collision and didn't feel much of anything. I understand tournaments like these can't be wall-to-wall stars (except, counter-argument, yeah, they probably can) and need guys to take Ls to make the numbers work, but I did another pass at the roster and I don't even think they picked the right guys to be those pin-eaters. Here's another list of names:

Brian Cage
Dax Harwood
Kyle Fletcher
Lance Archer
Penta
Trent Baretta

I dunno. None of those guys are stars either, but they all sound better than Jay Lethal, Brody King, Daniel Garcia and Mark Briscoe to me. I see some really cool matches, I see some really cool first-time matches, I see some pretty insane combinations for the block finals and finals, I see some potentially really interesting directions coming out of it, I see what'll probably be a pretty nice tournament by the end. But I also see something that was thrown together pretty haphazardly, I still don't really understand exactly what the triple crown is going to be because they keep giving different explanations and I feel like this thing isn't gonna reach its full potential and if Khan is expecting people to put their money where their mouth is for six Daniel Garcia matches and six Jay Lethal matches, he's truly lost his mind.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, thank god Miro isn't in this thing, best tournament ever purely on that basis.

* I guess actually Darby might be climbin' a fuckin' mountain during this tournament, or something? Which, fair enough, you little psychopath.

** And yes, I'm aware that MJF, as the world champion, was never gonna be in this tournament and that Samoa Joe, who is MJF's presumptive challenger for World's End, was also probably never gonna be in this tournament. That's a problem with the perceived importance of the tournament, see above. I'm also aware that I probably don't want MJF in the tournament because wrestling six times in a month, he'd probably find a way to be taking negative bumps and doing fart contests by the block finals. That's a problem with the guy they have the World Championship on.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
The Jim Continental Sr. Memorial Cup

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Yesterday, I made a list of what I thought was the best wrestlers and biggest stars on the AEW roster that I thought should be in the Continental Classic if it was going to meet Khan's statement of "stars wrestling stars". For the record, of the guys already announced at that point, I would've put Bryan, Andrade and Eddie on the list and not Mark Briscoe. I left off Jericho, Copeland and Cage who are all big stars and great wrestlers but there's no way I'm asking them to wrestle six times in a month on a couple week's notice. I also left off PAC cause who the gently caress ever knows what's going on with PAC.

Claudio Castagnoli
Darby Allin*
Hangman Adam Page
Jay White
Kenny Omega
Konosuke Takeshita
Malakai Black
Orange Cassidy
MJF**
Ricky Starks
Jon Moxley
RUSH
Samoa Joe**
Swerve Strickland

And the final roster wound up being:

So you have 8 guys you could reasonably classify as "the best wrestlers and biggest stars in AEW" and four guys....not. I guess that's a decent ratio at the end of the day, and there's some stuff I really like. I like getting Jay White immediately back on the horse, he can wash the taste of that stupid main event away with a strong record in this tournament. I also like Swerve going from a huge win right into this tournament, there's a chance to really seize some momentum with him there. But there's still some pretty glaring omissions here. No Takeshita is just confusing, his utilization since beating Omega continues to be ridiculously bad. No Omega or Hangman feels pretty bad, because they're guys that have done these tournaments and excelled at them and I feel like I keep asking this question, why did we sign the Elite to these giant contracts if we're not gonna use 'em for anything important? No Malakai Black, but Brody King is just bizarre. BCC is all over this thing, but instead of House of Black's leader, we get the secondary guy, that makes the tournament feel secondary. No Orange Cassidy or Ricky Starks means that there's no currents AEW Champions in this thing, which again, hurts its perceived importance and misses one of the thing that's most fun about the G1, seeing current champions taking shocking losses to set up future defenses. I dunno. The Gold Block looks pretty cool, I guess. But I looked at the two matches for the Blue Block they have for Collision and didn't feel much of anything. I understand tournaments like these can't be wall-to-wall stars (except, counter-argument, yeah, they probably can) and need guys to take Ls to make the numbers work, but I did another pass at the roster and I don't even think they picked the right guys to be those pin-eaters. Here's another list of names:

Brian Cage
Dax Harwood
Kyle Fletcher
Lance Archer
Penta
Trent Baretta

I dunno. None of those guys are stars either, but they all sound better than Jay Lethal, Brody King, Daniel Garcia and Mark Briscoe to me. I see some really cool matches, I see some really cool first-time matches, I see some pretty insane combinations for the block finals and finals, I see some potentially really interesting directions coming out of it, I see what'll probably be a pretty nice tournament by the end. But I also see something that was thrown together pretty haphazardly, I still don't really understand exactly what the triple crown is going to be because they keep giving different explanations and I feel like this thing isn't gonna reach its full potential and if Khan is expecting people to put their money where their mouth is for six Daniel Garcia matches and six Jay Lethal matches, he's truly lost his mind.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is, thank god Miro isn't in this thing, best tournament ever purely on that basis.

* I guess actually Darby might be climbin' a fuckin' mountain during this tournament, or something? Which, fair enough, you little psychopath.

** And yes, I'm aware that MJF, as the world champion, was never gonna be in this tournament and that Samoa Joe, who is MJF's presumptive challenger for World's End, was also probably never gonna be in this tournament. That's a problem with the perceived importance of the tournament, see above. I'm also aware that I probably don't want MJF in the tournament because wrestling six times in a month, he'd probably find a way to be taking negative bumps and doing fart contests by the block finals. That's a problem with the guy they have the World Championship on.

chill homie. let's see how it plays out

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Company's struggling to sell tickets, WWE's eating their lunch in the ratings, they wasted a bunch of money on a videogame nobody's playing, WWE signed away AEW's hottest up-and-comer (and also Jade Cargill), fans aren't into the "WWE Lite" booking he's doing...at this point TK better just hope Mercedes Mone hasn't started taking calls/texts from Stamford again

Crazy Tony Khan of failing All Elite Wrestling and owner of bad football franchises has a problem-his wrestling show is no longer "hot"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Crazy Tony Khan of failing All Elite Wrestling and owner of bad football franchises has a problem-his wrestling show is no longer "hot"

Eddie looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his Gold Block on Rampage. Very very disrespectful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Eddie looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his Gold Block on Rampage. Very very disrespectful.

he's in the blue block.
not that i'd expect a stinker like you to pay attention

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

he's in the blue block.
not that i'd expect a stinker like you to pay attention

For the love of god let Tony cook

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

NienNunb posted:

Crazy Tony Khan is not happy with my criticism of AEW's current booking--that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
the tournament field has energized me, I'll see you guys in the hugbox (and be back after the first tournament result displeases me)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tonight in Chicago, the C2 begins with:
- Rush vs. Jay White
- Swerve vs. Jay Lethal
- Jon Moxley vs. Mark Briscoe

On Saturday in Pittsburgh, it continues with:
- Claudio vs Garcia
- Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston

Its time for double champ big brody

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

haha

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I read that they didn't get post the full fixtures for the upcoming tournament. I don't like this decision therefore AEW is bad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol my parents have YoutubeTV and the thumbnail for rampage still has Punk and Jade front and center

tony

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah its a bit silly since having the full tourney announced would help them promote future shows and give some structure to the next month of TV which would just greatly help the company

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

projecthalaxy posted:

Tonight in Chicago, the C2 begins with:
- Rush vs. Jay White
- Swerve vs. Jay Lethal
- Jon Moxley vs. Mark Briscoe

On Saturday in Pittsburgh, it continues with:
- Claudio vs Garcia
- Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston

Its time for double champ big brody

White
Swerve
Moxley
Claudio
Eddie

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SG Bamboo posted:

I read that they didn't get post the full fixtures for the upcoming tournament. I don't like this decision therefore AEW is bad

you read wrong dumbass!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is a thread for complaining about AEW’s many bad decisions. Please refrain from posting if you cannot read

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've turned the corner on MJF promos. They are boring and I don't like them. He does good matches still though outside of the dramatic dressings he's gotten obsessed with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

How was the show :mrgw: