Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The game already puts me to sleep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Duvet covers have gone woke smh

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The deal we've all been waiting for (Canadian dollar pricing)

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1727324872861265948

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So what is that, $9 US?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

So what is that, $9 US?

$9.47 so yes.

After taxes you're looking at almost $11US though :retrogames: :ohdear:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it wouldn't be worth it for free

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

the rat fandom posted:

The square enix exclusives are doing a lot of heavy lifting for PlayStation as almost anything else I’d want to play on the platform are either on pc or switch. I also don’t like Sonys current direction, but the idea of supporting the company that’s actively paying mountains of cash to devalue my platform of choice leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and ensures that I really do not want a ps5.

Edit: also hifi rush is a phenomenal game and it is criminally under appreciated.

Ya I still like their singleplayer exclusives(minus Spidey) but those seem to have slowed down as well since they decided to blow their whole spending on SaaS games. There was some news that the new CEO has canceled a bunch of those, hopefully they can use the resources to make new ips/games instead of remaking Last of Us again.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ulio posted:

Ya I still like their singleplayer exclusives(minus Spidey) but those seem to have slowed down as well since they decided to blow their whole spending on SaaS games. There was some news that the new CEO has canceled a bunch of those, hopefully they can use the resources to make new ips/games instead of remaking Last of Us again.
I don't think they cancelled them, perse, but about half of their planned line up of twelve(!) or so live-service games has been delayed past March 2025.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Those games probably don’t happen, the way GaaS is trending

Look at how Destiny 2 has gone to poo poo and Bungie had to lay off a bunch of people

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Is anyone else having some trouble with the Bing Rewards daily searches on mobile? I use to be able to tap through 15 marvel movies in half a minute and get 60 rewards points. But 2-3 days ago these hardly register anymore, unless I pause for ~10 seconds between "searches".

For the past couple of days, mobile searches will count toward my point total, but they will still show as 0/100 on the dashboard website as if I didn't do them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

the rat fandom posted:

the idea of supporting the company that’s actively paying mountains of cash to devalue my platform of choice leaves a really bad taste in my mouth

:ironicat:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

yeah lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look, it's absolutely cool when your platform of choice spends billions of dollars to devalue another platform, but absolutely unacceptable in the opposite direction.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I don’t care about any of that poo poo and I just play the games I want to play

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

univbee posted:

The deal we've all been waiting for (Canadian dollar pricing)

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1727324872861265948

Some poor kid is getting this for christmas from a well meaning grandma. we've all been there and i grieve for that child.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Some poor kid is getting this for christmas from a well meaning grandma. we've all been there and i grieve for that child.

This and how many kids are still getting Xbox one X due to the awful series naming.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

kri kri posted:

This and how many kids are still getting Xbox one X due to the awful series naming.

Oh that too. Our parents just had to keep Nintendo and Sega Genesis straight.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Be still my heart!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I wonder how many kids try and hide their xboxes when a friend comes over because someone got them a wonka or bluey xbox.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

1glitch0 posted:

I wonder how many kids try and hide their xboxes when a friend comes over because someone got them a wonka or bluey xbox.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

can you imagine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cursed

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

"Hey bro, wanna play?" ::throws purple furry controller at teenage friend, immediately gets punched in the mouth::

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

1glitch0 posted:

Bluey loving owns :colbert:

Blu Cru 4 lyfe

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Bluey loving owns :colbert:

Blu Cru 4 lyfe

:hfive:

A family would be super lucky to get one of those Bluey consoles!!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

priznat posted:

:hfive:

A family would be super lucky to get one of those Bluey consoles!!
Yes... a family...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Martman posted:

Yes... a family...

lol, yeah I doubt any kid will ever get to play on one of those

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

1glitch0 posted:

one time i had a grandmother give me a stuffed fish, mounted to a piece of driftwood

my one fear as a child? yeah, i had a fish phobia.

my other grandma got me donkey kong country, tho

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Soul Glo posted:

one time i had a grandmother give me a stuffed fish, mounted to a piece of driftwood

my one fear as a child? yeah, i had a fish phobia.

my other grandma got me donkey kong country, tho

Twenty years later there was screaming and a slapping at the family reunion and no one knew what was happening.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

1glitch0 posted:

Mickey Mousecapade is the only game I’ve ever gotten as a gift that I didn’t explicitly ask for. It was indeed a well meaning grandma. She could’ve done a lot worse, to be honest.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Kevyn posted:

Mickey Mousecapade is the only game I’ve ever gotten as a gift that I didn’t explicitly ask for. It was indeed a well meaning grandma. She could’ve done a lot worse, to be honest.

That reminds me a game where Mickey was on different planets and it was scary because I was trying to do my best to keep mickey and pluto alive and also i was 5.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My father played games so I was pretty good about not getting stuff I didn't want. The only two games I can remember getting that I didn't ask for were Sonic Spinball and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, so a solid 50% hit ratio and honestly "Buy a Sonic game" seems entirely reasonable as a safe bet back in 1993.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

My parents, grandparents always asked me what games I wanted. Usually EA Sports games for the Genesis. I did get some baseball game that I really didn't like, can't remember what it was even.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sonic Spinball is not bad! Not gonna win any awards but that's a solid pickup imo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Immortals of Aveum has a free trial, and I wanted to see if it was as bad as I heard it was on series S.

Y'all, it's actually a weird vibe. It runs at 60fps, but to do this it like pixelates everything to an insane degree and I guess is rendering at 480p sometimes (or lower?)

There is no 30 fps option. What a strange game.

It seems kinda fun. Maybe I'll check it out next generation and get it for 2 bucks or something in 7 years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the approach this new gen is to use all of UE5’s terrible features to make games look more poo poo than ever before.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

External Organs posted:

Immortals of Aveum has a free trial, and I wanted to see if it was as bad as I heard it was on series S.

Y'all, it's actually a weird vibe. It runs at 60fps, but to do this it like pixelates everything to an insane degree and I guess is rendering at 480p sometimes (or lower?)

There is no 30 fps option. What a strange game.

It seems kinda fun. Maybe I'll check it out next generation and get it for 2 bucks or something in 7 years.

It'll be coming to game pass at some point since it's an EA game. I've heard it might come even sooner than that though.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

ColdPie posted:

Sonic Spinball is not bad! Not gonna win any awards but that's a solid pickup imo.

:hai:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Yeah, I'm going to have to start over in Dead Space remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

univbee posted:

Should have given him a DUNC-themed Xbox instead.

Just fill it with sand.

Timothy Chalamet was a gaming youtuber before his big acting break