Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Please help me fix my Steam store is not loading, it gives "Error Code: -118- Failed to Load Web Page"

I've tried:
Restarting my computer (many times)
Restarting my router (many times)
Clear the browser cache in Steam
Clear the HTML cache in App Data
Running steam://flushconfig
Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (This fixed the steam Store in my regular browser but Steam still wont load it)
adding Steam to my firewall whitelist
Uninstalling Steam and reinstalling it
Thinking positively and visualizing the Steam store working again

My Library, Community everything else works. Why's it doing this? Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

~Coxy posted:

Round 2:

Is there any way for A to buy the gift for B?
They can't friend each other, because they're both limited accounts, so am I SOL?

Instead of buying the game, A adds the price of the game to their Steam wallet (needs to be $5 or more). That should remove the limited status on A, A can friend B and can gift the game paying from the wallet?

If you can't put exactly what you want to the wallet, you should be able to put $5 which will unlock features. Then when paying for the gift, by default it will consume the wallet funds and request card payment for the remainder.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 22, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Banjo Bones posted:

Please help me fix my Steam store is not loading, it gives "Error Code: -118- Failed to Load Web Page"

I've tried:
Restarting my computer (many times)
Restarting my router (many times)
Clear the browser cache in Steam
Clear the HTML cache in App Data
Running steam://flushconfig
Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (This fixed the steam Store in my regular browser but Steam still wont load it)
adding Steam to my firewall whitelist
Uninstalling Steam and reinstalling it
Thinking positively and visualizing the Steam store working again

My Library, Community everything else works. Why's it doing this? Anyone know?

At a glance, it sounds like a "smart" anti-virus trying to stop web JS from being downloaded by this non-browser application. If so, uninstalling that garbage or at least white listing Steam on it may sort it out.

Another hint that something is clearly wrong is the DNS part: you shouldn't have to put in a different DNS provider just to load the store in the browser. Something seems to be hijacking your networking connections and again a rogue anti-virus may be it (or something more sinister).

Try this too:
Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options

Make sure those are unchecked if you don't need them.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jossar posted:

Having liberated yourself from desire, now you must continue to follow the Buddha's example, and curate an anti-wishlist:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_Buddha_would_not_play

well, that's a fun puzzle

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

At a glance, it sounds like a "smart" anti-virus trying to stop web JS from being downloaded by this non-browser application. If so, uninstalling that garbage or at least white listing Steam on it may sort it out.

Thank you but this didn't fix it. I'm using a WiFi connection... I'm wondering if the latest update to it changed some configuration that doesn't agree with Steam anymore? It started doing this a day ago. I don't have any sort of anti virus thing running.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jossar posted:

Having liberated yourself from desire, now you must continue to follow the Buddha's example, and curate an anti-wishlist:

confirmed: Buddha would play hentai games

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

credburn posted:

It's listing Street Fighter 6 as a featured title in Role-Playing.

I mean, I guess

Is the Robocop: Rogue City demo no longer available? Everything just points me to the main Steam page and I can't uhhh seem to locate it :confused:
It only existed during the event.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

That's it, thanks!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Don't forget Fortunes run exists, rules, and it's music is rad

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I had some fun with randoms in Lethal Company, but man that game needs matchmaking bad. More than half the time trying to join a lobby fails since other people are trying to join the same game and when the ship lands you can no longer join, so finding a game can be difficult. I also got kicked out of three games and gave up for the night.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
lay off the slurs next time

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jossar posted:

Hey Buddha, buddy, get the gently caress of here with this gatekeeping bullshit :colbert:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Koburn posted:

lay off the slurs next time

alternatively, use more slurs to fit in better

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If You Meet the Buddha On Call Of Duty, Kill Him!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ImpAtom posted:

If You Meet the Buddha On Call Of Duty, Kill Him!

What's the sound of one hand gaming?

Wait, no

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jossar posted:

No mention of vidya games, I always knew Budha was a gamer. :smug:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I bought 10 games and requested a refund on all 10 lol. I assume it's taking longer than usual because of the sale?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mierenneuker posted:

Hey Buddha, buddy, get the gently caress of here with this gatekeeping bullshit :colbert:

No nirvana for you, buddy.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Kennel posted:

No nirvana for you, buddy.

Kurt Nirvana is already dead

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Shard posted:

I bought 10 games and requested a refund on all 10 lol. I assume it's taking longer than usual because of the sale?

It’s automated so it shouldn’t be influenced by that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Character models don't look near as bad as Solasta which is my mark for a game that's distractingly ugly. It also doesn't look like it zooms in a lot like Solasta. How is the RTwP combat for someone who's pretty meh on it historically? I thought Pillars 2 had decent RTwP combat, but otherwise I've always found it a bit tedious in the old Infinity Engine games.

The combat and general gameplay of Black Geyser are very reminiscent of the old Infinity Engine games. If you didn't enjoy those aspects back then, you're not going to like them here. The underlying stats and calculations are mechanically closer to the granular system used by Pillars, though. It also implements a number of QoL improvements introduced by the latter franchise, such as customizable auto-pausing (which BG3 does not have for some insane reason).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lordfrikk posted:

It’s automated so it shouldn’t be influenced by that.

I swear I've gotten confirms of a refund within a couple hours before. What's the usual amount of time? I looked it up and it looks like it could take up to 7 days.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Jossar posted:

I kinda figured he wouldn't be a fan of sportsball. Just a gut feeling.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Shard posted:

I swear I've gotten confirms of a refund within a couple hours before. What's the usual amount of time? I looked it up and it looks like it could take up to 7 days.
For me it's anywhere from an hour to two days, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 90% of the time it's about two hours, but sometimes it has lingered for a couple of days for some unknown reason.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Ragequit posted:

Fae Tactics may be another option. It's $7 and has positive reviews. I only tried the demo a few years back and remember it being decent.

I really enjoyed Fae Tactics. Does something really cool with the design space constraints and feels like a great tactics / monster collecting game, though suffers a bit on the writing front. Make sure to check guides for the missable characters!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Forspoken is still $30 after 60% off, lol. Good luck with that.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

So let me get this straight,

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Starfield not doing so hot either, still only the 35th best-selling game on Steam despite being 20% off two and a half months after release. 23 spots behind BG3 which is at full price and was released a month earlier, lol

Yeah yeah, Game Pass, I know

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More like Shartfield.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

some historical lows in this sale:

Star Wars Squadrons - $2,
Just Cause 4 - $3.47
Battlefield V is $4
Cleo a Pirate's Tale - $1.49
.hack//GU Last Recode - $5
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - $3
Aven Colony is $3
Sinking City is $4 (unfortunately it's still the v1.0 Nacon version)
The Surge - $2
Klonoa 1 & 2 Remaster - $10
Monster Sanctuary - $5
Bundle of the Panzer Dragoon and HOTD remakes - $6
Road 96 - $5
Gedonia - $3.74
Hokko Life - $5
Necromunda Hired Gun - $10
Outriders - $10
Fae Tactics - $6
Ocean's Heart - $4.49
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $6.29 (buy at your own peril)
Rollerdrome - $10
Redout 2 - $10
Two Point Campus - $10
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - $5.24

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Was it called Starfelled?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That's a steal for Outriders

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah Outriders was actually pretty decent, especially if you could get a group together to play co-op. Some of the powers are very fun.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Relatively new humble bundle featuring Chinese indies
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/weplay-expo-discover-china-indies

---played---
Let's School (School management sim - Same developer as the My Time at Portia/Sandrock games)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1937500/Lets_School/ (cheaper in the bundle than this current steam sale)
My Time at Portia (Farming life sim)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/666140/My_Time_at_Portia/
Sailing Era (Uncharted Waters)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/2161440/Sailing_Era/
Sands of Salzaar + both DLCs (Isometric ARPG with Mount and Blade style army building/world roaming)
- https://store.steampowered.com/app/1094520/Sands_of_Salzaar/

---have not played---
Eastern Exorcist
The Rewinder
Unheard - Voices of Crime
Lost Castle

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
drat, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 is already down to $16. Might have to pick it up to do everything I can, hold on to what I am, and pretend I'm a superman.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Gyoru posted:

Relatively new humble bundle featuring Chinese indies
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/weplay-expo-discover-china-indies

---have not played---
Eastern Exorcist

Eastern Exorcist is cool as hell. It's a love letter to/clone of the Vanillaware game Muramasa: The Demon Blade with more nuanced/less button-mashy combat. I may be a little biased because Muramasa is one of my favorite games of all time but I thoroughly enjoyed Eastern Exorcist.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Are there any recent Final Fantasy Tactics-likes with better-than-Mixed reviews with any sort of discount right now? I bounced hard off of Fell Seal because of the level design and weird dev stance on grinding, I'm a hog for Disgaea but 7's at a hard 0% off, and my most recent additions to my wishlist for this genre (Crimson Tactics, Arcadian Atlas) have aggressively mixed reviews.

Is it time for me to just buy Tactics Ogre Reborn and accept that I'm picking up a remaster of a game I already played a ton of when it first came out?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's more of an XCOM-like really.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

That's more of an XCOM-like really.

I would suppose it's a more a Disgaea than anything, since it's largely about extreme menuing/setup to break the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ragequit posted:

Tactics Ogre Reborn was an absolute treat, especially on the Steam Deck. I need to play through it a few more times to check different plot choices.

MarcusSA posted:

I'll second this.

Ragequit posted:

Didn't think of it at first since I played through on a Switch, but Triangle Strategy is a must-play. It's unfortunately not discounted right now. Should be $30 or less during the Christmas sale.

Fae Tactics may be another option. It's $7 and has positive reviews. I only tried the demo a few years back and remember it being decent.

Thanks everybody! I played the poo poo out of Fae Tactics and TROUBLESHOOTER when they came out but this pushed me to pick up Tactics Ogre Reborn and wishlist Triangle Strategy