Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

In my 10 man league there're are at least 3 teams holding 2 TEs with one of them holding three.
Asked the Kelce owner how much for LaPorta and he said Keenan lol. I'd rather have a 0 at TE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Docjowles posted:

Was holding Charbonnet in one league but now that it’s his time to shine I’m not sure I actually want to play him. He would be replacing one of Monty, Brian Robinson, or Puka.

Yeah no I don't think he should be starting over any of those guys. The 49ers aren't great against the run but I think the Seahawks will have to throw a lot downfield.

Pain of Mind posted:

I was able to grab Njoku to replace Andrews.

I made kind of a panic trade for Njoku in my keeper league where I had Andrews. The trade itself wasn't too bad (7th for Njoku + 9th), i'm angry at myself that 30 minutes later LaPorta was traded for two 6ths and I didn't even check in on the LaPorta manager.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
RoS DST, Bills or Colts?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

MacheteZombie posted:

RoS DST, Bills or Colts?

Colts have an easier schedule depending on when your playoffs are. Colts 15/16/17 are Steelers/Falcons/Raiders, Bills are Cowboys/Chargers/Pats.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I offered Ford for Njoku (Kittle owner) and got countered with Jacobs for Njoku. I guess I'll just roll the dice on the waiver wire. :sigh:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh cool I only have two dudes playing on Sunday

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I am now 14 pts behind the first place guy with 1435 vs 1449 pts on the season. I am currently sitting 4-6-1 in third to last place. Love this game though man.

Edit: second place guy has 1360.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I am now 14 pts behind the first place guy with 1435 vs 1449 pts on the season. I am currently sitting 4-6-1 in third to last place. Love this game though man.

Edit: second place guy has 1360.

I'm in a league that gives 2 wins/losses each week, 1 win/loss for beating your head-to-head, 1 win/loss for beating the median score in the league - i.e. the top half of scorers get a win, the bottom half get a loss.

I'm 15-7 right now in it, so 22 wins/losses so far for each manager.

I was iffy about it at the beginning but I actually like it, because it smooths out stuff like this.

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sorry to say, but I think you lost this trade. Nothing catastrophically bad, but I think the other side is clearly better, for my liking.

Thanks for looking at it! Yeah I think you’re right and I took a bit of a loss on it but I think I’m happy with it since I can’t afford to win any more games if I want to get MHJ next year. Hopefully it pays off! Having a WR core of Chase + MHJ and Waddle + Tank Dell (or Malik Nabers/Egbuka)for my flex spots is the plan at the moment. Then trade some extras to pick up some RB’s next year or 25.

Burrow for the starting QB and Kyler as a backup.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I just noticed Charbonet is available in my league. I own Walker III so I’m thinking of picking him up and dropping algeier since I have yet to start him. The question is, is Charbonet against SF better that Rhamondre Stevenson against NYG or Tank Dell vs Jax?

Yahoo is projecting him to be better than both, but I’m not sure I believe it. I really hate to sit Tank since he’s put up big points the last few weeks. Stevenson is real hit or miss though.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just noticed Charbonet is available in my league. I own Walker III so I’m thinking of picking him up and dropping algeier since I have yet to start him. The question is, is Charbonet against SF better that Rhamondre Stevenson against NYG or Tank Dell vs Jax?

Yahoo is projecting him to be better than both, but I’m not sure I believe it. I really hate to sit Tank since he’s put up big points the last few weeks. Stevenson is real hit or miss though.

Tank Dell vs Jax is a must start imo, Rhamondre is a pretty good option vs. NYG. I wouldn't start Charbonet over either of these guys, and Tank is a slam dunk start if it's a pick one.

Algeier is a safe drop though. I think Charbonet is gonna eat poo poo though, you might stash and see, but the matchups the next 4 weeks are loving brutal. He's got : SF DAL SF PHI - yuuuuccck. After that Walker might be back. Maybe get him for free if you can but everyone throwing their whole FAAB roll at him shocks me.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

General PSA - if you're starting any Thursday/Friday guys keep your flex spot open for Sunday (i.e. put your flex Thursday WR in a WR slot). Gonna suck if your guys play Thurs/Fri in your flex spot, then come Saturday some of your guys get ruled out and you have to start a lovely bench RB instead of a better bench WR, or vice versa, because you already used your flex.

e: or even worse you only got 3 receivers, have one play flex tomorrow, one gets ruled out before Sunday and you can't flex an RB in.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 23, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

vaginite posted:

Tank Dell vs Jax is a must start imo, Rhamondre is a pretty good option vs. NYG. I wouldn't start Charbonet over either of these guys, and Tank is a slam dunk start if it's a pick one.

Algeier is a safe drop though. I think Charbonet is gonna eat poo poo though, you might stash and see, but the matchups the next 4 weeks are loving brutal. He's got : SF DAL SF PHI - yuuuuccck. After that Walker might be back. Maybe get him for free if you can but everyone throwing their whole FAAB roll at him shocks me.

Yea that was what I was thinking. I grabbed him to stash on my bench, mostly to keep him away from other people. I could start him over Olave in the flex spot and move Dell to my WR2 slot. That one still feels iffy to me, even though I generally hated Olave.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Yea that was what I was thinking. I grabbed him to stash on my bench, mostly to keep him away from other people. I could start him over Olave in the flex spot and move Dell to my WR2 slot. That one still feels iffy to me, even though I generally hated Olave.

I'd play Olave vs. ATL for sure. Like, if Olave gets you 15 you're pissed because he only got you 15, if Charbonnet gets you 15 you're stoked Charbonnet somehow got you 15.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

vaginite posted:

I'm in a league that gives 2 wins/losses each week, 1 win/loss for beating your head-to-head, 1 win/loss for beating the median score in the league - i.e. the top half of scorers get a win, the bottom half get a loss.

I'm 15-7 right now in it, so 22 wins/losses so far for each manager.

I was iffy about it at the beginning but I actually like it, because it smooths out stuff like this.

This is good because when you score the second most points and lose to the team that scores the most points, you'll still come away with something.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

vaginite posted:

General PSA - if you're starting any Thursday/Friday guys keep your flex spot open for Sunday (i.e. put your flex Thursday WR in a WR slot). Gonna suck if your guys play Thurs/Fri in your flex spot, then come Saturday some of your guys get ruled out and you have to start a lovely bench RB instead of a better bench WR, or vice versa, because you already used your flex.

This is the kind of stuff I'm still missing. Thank you!

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

This is good because when you score the second most points and lose to the team that scores the most points, you'll still come away with something.

Yep got a W this way - lost to the #1 as the number #2, walked away with a win anyway. Did the vice versa to some poor sap last week.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm debating running Brock Purdy over Jalen Hurts in certain matchups, and this week is one of them. Brock against Seattle probably puts up more points then Jalen against Buffalo, right? Am I crazy for thinking of benching Jalen today? I'd also probably sit Jalen in week 14 against Dallas when Brock once again faces Seattle. I guess today will be a good indicator either way. But i'm inclined to do it today as i'm up against an autodrafter (who surprisingly has a winning record and is only 1 game behind me, which is wild).

Is Jalen just the "run him no matter what, he'll find a way to get points" type of player like CMC or Hill?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Absolutely start Jalen over Purdy in every situation.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Absolutely start Jalen over Purdy in every situation.

agreed do not galaxy brain yourself and sit the QB2

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

purdy is @ SEA. that's a tough place for any QB

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Is achane going to be out this week again? Showing 0 expected points on ESPN and the game is tomorrow. I don't think I can take another loss and might have to replace him this week. This is in my no bench league so I have to drop him if so.

The hell are we playing games on Friday now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Is achane going to be out this week again? Showing 0 expected points on ESPN and the game is tomorrow. I don't think I can take another loss and might have to replace him this week. This is in my no bench league so I have to drop him if so.

The hell are we playing games on Friday now.

Because money

I have no idea on Achane. McDaniel is being annoyingly coy about it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a “game time decision” and ultimately sits because do you really need to risk him against the Tim Boyle Jets for real life football purposes?

The Dolphins actually play a string of some of the very worst teams for the next month which has me very worried about Achane. They could easily just rest him up for the playoffs

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Playing the last place team in 3/4 of my leagues, yet our projections are only a few points apart in all of them. I dislike playing bad teams, because you know they are going to have some BS where they end up putting 150 points against you while they are averaging 80 the rest of the year. Free wins for everyone but you.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Friendship ENDED with Jared Goff

CJ Stroud is my new Best Friend

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I was already projected to lose this week and Goff sure isn’t helping!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Benched Goff for Dobbs this time around. Maybe consulting the moon charts is the future.

https://x.com/JayCuda/status/1727431198333706280?s=20

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if i had only known about the moon chart i woulda started Love

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why did Yahoo just update Charbonnet’s projection from 4 to 12.98 in ½ ppr? I don’t get what they expect him to do against SF

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Why did Yahoo just update Charbonnet’s projection from 4 to 12.98 in ½ ppr? I don’t get what they expect him to do against SF

Guessin Walker III has gone from doubtful to out.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

You gotta be kidding me that Dowdle gets the TD and not Pollard :argh:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lot of talk about fantasy points projections. They are straight nonsense and are better off completely ignored. Don’t stress yourself by even looking at them.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I already miss Mark Andrews so much :smith:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This is why Pollard is on my bench

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It’s incredibly frustrating :bang:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Eyyyy Pollard got one :toot:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Lions defense has such an easy schedule they said. Every time I listen to the "experts" instead of just streaming by matchup my defense does poorly. No more!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It’s because Walker was officially ruled out. Everyone knew that anyway, but until it was official, they were still assuming he’d get the bulk of the carries.

Also Lamb I need you to do something, anything in the 4th. I’m dying here.

Edit: He heard me!!!

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 24, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s because Walker was officially ruled out. Everyone knew that anyway, but until it was official, they were still assuming he’d get the bulk of the carries.

Also Lamb I need you to do something, anything in the 4th. I’m dying here.

Edit: He heard me!!!

lol I also said something to a friend about Lamb needing to score about 30 seconds before he caught his TD. And Pollard... has two good games in a row??? If only they could play total trashcan Sun Belt tier teams every week he might actually live up to his draft position

Achane is questionable going into tomorrow, on track for obnoxious game time decision who will probably be on the shortest leash ever if he does end up playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well sitting McLaurin and Lockett yesterday worked out okay, thanksgiving games are still Thursday games