Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I watched a twitter video of a Palestinian man holding his daughter after a bombing and I am heartbroken.. contrast with Stuart Seldowitz harassing street vendors and Obama/Biden having not even any comments, not that Biden would even be aware of what day it is. I am so loving upset. It feels awful to be this powerless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1727442649979007361

The perfidious Israelis

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Once the Hannibal directive is turned on it's hard to turn it off.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Cookie Cutter posted:

The Moroccan gov is nominally pro-Israeli unfortunately, they made a deal with the USA to recognise Moroccan ownership of the Western Sahara in exchange for recognition of Israel as a state. Cool Guy Algeria is most likely to do the funny thing

Western Sahara is a weird colony to hold onto; no known valuable resources and a drain on the treasury in supporting both the conflict and subsidizing the necessities of life for the few people living there

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Conservative aunts and uncles gonna get it now

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

made a meme to celebrate thanksgiving hope you like it:-

:worship:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

mods are still idf

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

sleep with the vicious posted:

I watched a twitter video of a Palestinian man holding his daughter after a bombing and I am heartbroken.. contrast with Stuart Seldowitz harassing street vendors and Obama/Biden having not even any comments, not that Biden would even be aware of what day it is. I am so loving upset. It feels awful to be this powerless.

protest, donate, and push back against the bullshit to whatever extent you can. it's honestly not much but it helps with the feeling of despair/helplessness.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

John Charity Spring posted:

also Northern Ireland, to name just one other

NI is more relevant in the grand scheme, but Gibraltar is probably the funnier example

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

V. Illych L. posted:

i think this was a combination of internal pressure from the families of the hostages (since nobody except exceptional assholes think families are wrong to want a deal to rescue their kin rather than having everyone die immediately) and external pressure coming from the US, combined with rather lacklustre progress on the ground and a failure to retrieve any hostages by force.

the democrats have probably read the same polls as the rest of us and are trying to find a way out short of just dropping the israelis altogether. i doubt that such a way shall be found, though, and i don't think the democrats are ready to actually stop backing israel. basically the situation is Not Great for anyone except the Ansar Allah, who get to do incredible helicopter stunts

what the US government wants is for Israel to both destroy Hamas and NOT commit ethnic cleansing in northern Gaza. which would make us the most delusional actors in the war.

the sy hersh articles may be atrocious but at least they’re a line on what kind of delusional copium is getting passed around in the US government. they’re living in a completely different world from the rest of the planet.

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah west sahara is the only occupation older than palestine. morocco is no bueno

Forgetting about the occupied 6 my son.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
a lot of the coverage about the families of hostages protesting in israel and camping out in front of hitler 2's house seems to be carefully avoiding some of the reasons they might want their familiy back such as getting them home before the IDF kills them all with artillery and bombs.

maybe they aren't saying that at all but the 3-4 articles i read have really abbreviated/odd quotations from the protestors that feel like there's some missing context.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

RedSky posted:

Forgetting about the occupied 6 my son.

Great Britain managed in the space of less than thirty years to engineer three stupid, heartless and destructive partitions with repercussions felt today and for decades to come

….just involving countries starting with “I.”

Jai Guru Dave has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Nov 23, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://x.com/orikron/status/1727241811532587481

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Once someone is captured they are an enemy combatant

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1727474395860320498

lol they arrested this guy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

cant do nothin about it oops the dumbass mayor got embarassed again

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hopefully he keeps the poo poo-eating grin in the booking pic.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

unambiguously good news

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm surprised they actually did that. I was bracing for a day of whining about "antisemitism". I guess the heat was so hot that even the lovely corporate media couldn't spin it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Thanks Obama!

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

trucutru posted:

Hopefully he keeps the poo poo-eating grin in the booking pic.

I hope they capture his fury at being arrested for being an absolute shitball

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Great Britain managed in the space of less than thirty years to engineer three stupid, heartless and destructive partitions with repercussions felt today and for decades to come

….just involving countries starting with “I.”

It’s almost the 63rd anniversary of when they handed over half of Somalia and also Eritrea to Ethiopia and caused like 6 wars.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

if this is real, then Hamas may have used israels penchant for killing and arresting children against them, ill try to find the article of this to see of its real:-

===========

Yedioth Ahronoth:

‎The resistance fighters in Gaza set up megaphones from which sounds of children and boys’ conversations came out. To bring the occupation soldiers into the ambushes they had prepared for them.

https://x.com/turkishalhoub/status/1727391494317965641?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

loving Wiley Coyote-rear end army.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
They are definitely looking to do more warcrimes and genocide on Thanksgiving

dti

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm surprised they actually did that. I was bracing for a day of whining about "antisemitism". I guess the heat was so hot that even the lovely corporate media couldn't spin it.

they arrested him to give him a high five

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
They're going to drop a nuke on Thanksgiving while Americans are all afk

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mad.radhu posted:

Jokes on them ten minutes of awkward small talk and I’m back in my old room gaming.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dokapon Findom posted:

Western Sahara is a weird colony to hold onto; no known valuable resources and a drain on the treasury in supporting both the conflict and subsidizing the necessities of life for the few people living there

Aside from oil and fish it contains globally significant quantities of phosphate, an essential fertilizer. Morocco controls nearly 3/4 of the world's rock phosphate.

John Charity Spring posted:

also Northern Ireland, to name just one other

Oh yeah, what's that ~850 years?

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

mad.radhu posted:

biden wanted a 4 day ceasefire so he could spend a little time with his family without having to repeatedly call bibi to tell him what hospitals to blow up today

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They wanted a cease fire so they could drill offshore unperturbed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the empire demands a ceasefire to hold its holiday where they celebrate its own genocided people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well they dont really such celebrate as mock with cartoonish figures and childish national myths

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

love to base my personality around having had endometriosis

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
im listening to that interview mentioned itt with Ezra Klein and Yossi Klein Halevi. Theres segment where hes talking about how the palestinians are unserious in taking any peace deal and he says something to the extent of “I dont think even if Israel had the most left wing government we could reach an accord.” and the moment to realize the source of the problem is there, nearly crystallized, then it passes and an ad read starts lol

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

https://twitter.com/GreenblattJD/status/1727467881212809436

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Weka posted:

Aside from oil and fish it contains globally significant quantities of phosphate, an essential fertilizer. Morocco controls nearly 3/4 of the world's rock phosphate.

They'll eventually scrape every bird turd until it's mined down to an uninhabitable rock like Nauru

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwh1ZS_KCic

quote:

More than 14,000 Palestinians have been killed since October 7, and this week Israel and Palestine came to an agreement for a four-day pause in the war. Will the pause extend into a permanent ceasefire? How did this agreement come about when this deal has been available since October?

Brian Becker is joined by Yara Shoufani, a member of the Palestinian Youth Movement and a PhD student in Political Science at York University, and Mohammed Nabulsi, an organizer with the Palestinian Youth Movement and an attorney based out of Houston.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Mola Yam posted:

protest, donate, and push back against the bullshit to whatever extent you can. it's honestly not much but it helps with the feeling of despair/helplessness.

The feeling of helplessness/powerlessness is horrible. Donating and protesting is definitely good. As is buying Palestinian products when possible . They have a great olive oil soap co-op btw, it's good stuff. https://palestiniansoap.coop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Please educate me because I’m bad at arguing and defending my position: what’s the counter to someone who implies that the Pro-Palestine movement/protests are contributing to the rise of anti-semitism being reported in the media?