Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
going to canada for thanksgiving

going to get a gently caress ton of fresh cheese curds and nanaimo bars from the costco there when i head drive home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Getting gas today was enough of an adventure.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Whooping Crabs posted:

going to canada for thanksgiving

going to get a gently caress ton of fresh cheese curds and nanaimo bars from the costco there when i head drive home

Heck yeah bud!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

pentyne posted:

I don't normally go in for chocolate 'cluster' type snacks since most have almonds or nuts. Saw the Kirkland Caramel Smores and decided to try, "kettle cooked caramel" was unique enough to catch my eye.

Holy poo poo, is this just straight up crack cocaine level good, I'm not a huge caramel person in general but this is like real actual strong caramel flavor going on as opposed to just mass of sugary texture.
You are looking for the Sanders caramels

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Head Bee Guy posted:

the chocolate carmel pretzel bark is also dangerous

Snappers are like this, but with an extra layer of crack cocaine addictiveness:

https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/snappers-dark-chocolate-sea-salt%2c-320-g.product.100361763.html

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Does anyone have any tips on heating up the smoked turkey? Our normal plans fell through and we decided to try this for our main dish at tday this year. I've seen some people talk about sous vide'ing but not sure the plastic it comes wrapped in is up for the task.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Horn posted:

Does anyone have any tips on heating up the smoked turkey? Our normal plans fell through and we decided to try this for our main dish at tday this year. I've seen some people talk about sous vide'ing but not sure the plastic it comes wrapped in is up for the task.

The whole ones?
We just hacked it apart and ate it leftover style while making all the normal things as usual. This ended up with us nuking the turkey, but having fresh all the other stuff, worked out great. It's all destined for leftovers anyway so why reheat it twice?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Late contributing to booze chat but I've felt the bourbon was kinda bland. The 12-year scotch isn't bad but isn't enough of an upgrade over the basic bitch blend to spring an extra $20 imo.

The scotch and the spiced rum are ridiculous value. I'll grant you that I only ever use the rum as a mixer. That 15-year stuff I just got though is wonderful and I've been having that with just an ice cube or two.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

You are looking for the Sanders caramels

Those are good but nothing special. I don't understand what is different about the smores caramel but they are vastly superior

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Rum is god awful. No idea about that new aged rum, but the regular spiced is not worth the lack of price

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Church has the Trident fish stick bags marked with the star of death. I will be disappointed if I can no longer tithe $15/month in the name of my children.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Late contributing to booze chat but I've felt the bourbon was kinda bland. The 12-year scotch isn't bad but isn't enough of an upgrade over the basic bitch blend to spring an extra $20 imo.

The scotch and the spiced rum are ridiculous value. I'll grant you that I only ever use the rum as a mixer. That 15-year stuff I just got though is wonderful and I've been having that with just an ice cube or two.

Barton is the manufacturer and, while I would normally disagree with you re: bourbon being capable of "bland," Barton is the one maker that would pull it off. That said I think it's a really nice whiskey with green apple and caramel popcorn notes that's easy to drink straight for all palates. Note it is a higher proof than many (non-bottled-in-bond) bourbons as well, especially that you find at Costco.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I went to church last night and it was surprisingly tame.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i want to go but also not deal with the bullshit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

We ran out of Pumpkin Pies. It was chaos, lines theory deep waiting for us to wrap more all day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Gaius Marius posted:

We ran out of Pumpkin Pies. It was chaos, lines theory deep waiting for us to wrap more all day.

where are you

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can't be as busy as during the initial COVID crush. I remember there being lines just to get inside the door.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Canned Sunshine posted:

Church has the Trident fish stick bags marked with the star of death. I will be disappointed if I can no longer tithe $15/month in the name of my children.

Big news if true! I love those fish sticks

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

KakerMix posted:

The whole ones?
We just hacked it apart and ate it leftover style while making all the normal things as usual. This ended up with us nuking the turkey, but having fresh all the other stuff, worked out great. It's all destined for leftovers anyway so why reheat it twice?

Yeah I'm talking about the whole ones. Parting it out and then reheating is probably what I'm going to do. We never do the norman rockwell style carve apart the bird at the table so parting it out ahead of time will make it a lot easier to manage.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

The Hambulance posted:

Big news if true! I love those fish sticks

It's because you're a gay fish.

It was madness yesterday. 90% of the carts were in use. Most people were wandering around asleep but some chucklefuck let his two kids push a cart each around the deli.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

Stay safe Costco bakery goon

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Horn posted:

Yeah I'm talking about the whole ones. Parting it out and then reheating is probably what I'm going to do. We never do the norman rockwell style carve apart the bird at the table so parting it out ahead of time will make it a lot easier to manage.

You could always sous vide parts of it to get it gentle warmed, if you don't carve at the table people probably wouldn't even know.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Can't be as busy as during the initial COVID crush. I remember there being lines just to get inside the door.

during the peak one day there was a line wrapped around the building, like no joke it was probably an hour or more just to get inside

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Thank you thread, I was planning to drop by (you know where) to pick up some wine today. It will probably be even worse today than Right After Church Gets Out On Sunday, so I will overpay for wine someplace else.

I was just there Sunday, Before Church Got Out, but apparently there are laws about the time you can start selling booze on Sundays. Having never before been out of bed before 11 on a Sunday I had no idea.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Gaius Marius posted:

what theory does to a mf

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

costco eggnog

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

With kraken rum

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just drank some with Costco bourbon mixed in. Weird, but boozy enough that I don't care.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

MarcusSA posted:

With kraken rum

Kraken Rum is pretty great

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm going to Costco on black friday and I'm going to pay with 2 checks and a large bill.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I just had my first Sanders caramels of the year, and they were…extremely average. I feel betrayed. They’re so much thinner than they used to be that the ratio is off and you only taste chocolate. Did people not want a 1” cube that was 300 calories????

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Gaius Marius posted:

The Rum is god awful. No idea about that new aged rum, but the regular spiced is not worth the lack of price

The new aged rum is enormously better than the current state of Costco spiced rum. (Seriously, it's quite enjoyable straight and mixed.)

That $15 handle of spiced rum used to be my regular go-to when I had friends over, goin to BBQs etc. Wasn't amazing, but it was serviceable.

Bought one last year (maybe the year before, time is slipping away) after a Covid delay from church visits and... holy poo poo what did they do. It tastes like burning. Tastes like gasoline. Just straight garbage.

Bacardi is better than that swill.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

CaptainCrunch posted:

Bacardi is better than that swill.

Sir.... Sir. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube man.

Benoit
Jun 26, 2006

FLY NAVY
Had family in town earlier this week, so we did the turkey thanksgiving already this past Sunday. While i was at work today, my wife loads up all five of the kids and proceeds to head to church to a) get gas, and b) head inside for steaks and fixings. No way are we going to do a second turkey dinner this week!

She’s a goddamn hero, that woman.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Comfortador posted:

Sir.... Sir. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube man.

I stand by my assertion. Shits bad, man.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bacardi is fine

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Anne Whateley posted:

I just had my first Sanders caramels of the year, and they were…extremely average. I feel betrayed. They’re so much thinner than they used to be that the ratio is off and you only taste chocolate. Did people not want a 1” cube that was 300 calories????

Huh mine taste the same as years past and it's a big problem for me.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bacardi is perfectly fine. Unless you're talking about spiced rum in which case there's no helping you anyways

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Same here.

Unfortunately, in my quest to find a healthier alternative, I discovered Hoody’s Peanut Butter Mix.

RIP me.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I actually got mine from BJ’s. Take a pic of your nutrition label and we’ll see if they’re enshittifying it or what