Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's a funny tree though, Do you like UC? No. Well do you like romantic drama? If yes, SEED, if no: do you like lasers? If yes, 00! If no, IBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I said I wanted UC but didn't want to see The origins. It ten recommended me Origins

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://en.gundam.info/content/flowchart/

Gundam Info has a flowchart to determine which series is for you

I got Gundm UC because I said I was interested in the history of Universal Century, didn't like short series, and was interested in boy meets girl.

I tried again, said I didn't have an interested in UC history, wanted a long series, and was interested in romance and battle. I got SEED. What about Wing?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

add a new question:

Are you still nostalgic about the Tallgeese?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

I got Gundm UC because I said I was interested in the history of Universal Century, didn't like short series, and was interested in boy meets girl.

I tried again, said I didn't have an interested in UC history, wanted a long series, and was interested in romance and battle. I got SEED. What about Wing?

I mean, fair enough. Say what you will about the quality, but SEED has a lot more actual romance content than Wing does.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol it kept recommending seed to me ; . ;

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Well I hope you watched it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah that's how you get WFM? no UC, short series, dont know what gunpla is.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

It's a funny tree though, Do you like UC? No. Well do you like romantic drama? If yes, SEED, if no: do you like lasers? If yes, 00! If no, IBO.

I do very much appreciate that the difference between IBO and 00 is whether you want all lasers or no lasers

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

I do very much appreciate that the difference between IBO and 00 is whether you want all lasers or no lasers

The characters and themes and setting are all basically the same so that's the only reason you might prefer one over the other

e: this was a joke but clearly it was not a good one

chrome line fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 23, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They are very different series with very different goals.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

nah they're basically the same otherwise

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

like Zeta Gundam and Yawara!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gaius Marius posted:

The goals being beam weaponry.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chrome line posted:

The characters and themes and setting are all basically the same so that's the only reason you might prefer one over the other

all asians look alike huh

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Gaius Marius posted:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

IBO and 00 provide a rare opportunity. Normally, you choose space and mostly lasers or earth and mostly bullets, but IBO goes mostly space and mostly bullets, while 00 has less space than most gundam and even more lasers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should be a question of "do you like gay space lasers" which automatically redirects you to WFM.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Should be a question of "do you like gay space lasers" which automatically redirects you to WFM.

What the hell do you call the Axis Shock, then? :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Walrus posted:

What the hell do you call the Axis Shock, then? :colbert:

Not a laser but very very gay.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you like yuri then wfm, yaoi then cca

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I got No UC > Action & Romance > SEED as the shortest path so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1727707397911691538?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Greco movies not up in Canada.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they said it was US only.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well gently caress me I guess.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

chiasaur11 posted:

IBO and 00 provide a rare opportunity. Normally, you choose space and mostly lasers or earth and mostly bullets, but IBO goes mostly space and mostly bullets, while 00 has less space than most gundam and even more lasers.

The one with a big fight against alien invaders at the end is “less space than most”?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Ojjeorago posted:

The one with a big fight against alien invaders at the end is “less space than most”?

That’s just the movie.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's also probably the least interesting stretch of combat in the entire 00 sub-franchise.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh hey, finally I can watch the G-Reco movies...not available, okay! I can at least rewatch Turn-A, that's a great show and I watched it with rather dodgy Spanish subtitles the first time...not available either.

At least it'll help a friend watch the Witch but this is very disappointing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Guys shouldn't be watching on YouTube anyways. The compression fucks it all up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well outside of :filez: it's the only current online option. It's mostly annoying to go through a VPN because the rest of the world doesn't exist outside of USA for these streams.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 23, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/LeannyChomp/status/1728050637173141972?t=tu_fRohywZ121J_gbNjsnQ&s=19

The beard's origin story.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1728082667185324223?t=DWvlCPq0gKoTq9XC6vlorg&s=19

New Victory manga

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Odelo :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Well, at least we know how it ends.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1728076451142844421?s=20

*Serenely* robot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anyone actually read the novelizations? I read the translated summary of the first one where Yushura takes Suletta Nika and Chuchu to her amusement park spaceship and it didn't really appeal to me because it felt like excised filler episodes.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 24, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It kinda of reminds me of the Labor designs in the Patlabor 2 movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I finally started Witch from Mercury due to being sick as hell and having nothing else to do, but lol that the evil suitor is basically named Cruel Jerk.