Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it took me a second but I get it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m well-informed enough to know tiananmen square but not enough to know what a swiftie is

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

its swift boat veterans for truth

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Jay Rust posted:

I’m well-informed enough to know tiananmen square but not enough to know what a swiftie is

it's a rabid cult that's fanatically devoted to a billionaire and willing to kill her enemies on command, if you meet a self-identified swiftie back out of the room without breaking eye contact or asking about her tours of slaughter in Afghanistan

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bedpan posted:

the lolidomor

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

If I’m remembering right this was the anime that set off a big round of forums drama a while back

Made in abyss is the manga (because the anime is very tame in comparison) equivalent of this:

but it ain't piss what drives the author. (not that there is not a considerable amount of it)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

fun fact that's actually how they do orchiectomy for trans women

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1727399798637285411?t=GX7xJu0MS92tglBHs736ig&s=19

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Made in abyss is the manga (because the anime is very tame in comparison) equivalent of this:

but it ain't piss what drives the author. (not that there is not a considerable amount of it)

just realised you could actually finish this comic three panels early

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that dude probably isn't a lawyer at all. he just has very strong feelings about being persecuted for jacking off in a public restroom.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol at the tie knot

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that dude probably isn't a lawyer at all. he just has very strong feelings about being persecuted for jacking off in a public restroom.

probably because he looks like a male organ

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hadji murad posted:

probably because he looks like a male organ

Let me guess: you’re a freaking supermodel of course :rolleyes:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Top G posted:

turn on your monitor

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

The Top G posted:

I’m quite the dish, not gonna lie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

trucutru posted:

actual screenshot of the anime voice actors visiting the manga author in his studio

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh maybe we're not so different, him and i

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/BristolAirport/status/1727651705309876546

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gripweed posted:

actual screenshot of the anime voice actors visiting the manga author in his studio

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

multi-smoke dragging area

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/orikron/status/1727423173560590646

tankies :3:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I love it when SomethingAwful is ahead of the curve.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

I love it when SomethingAwful is ahead of the curve.

It baffles me in this case. How the hell did that get a Netflix show instead of the mangaka getting kicked out on their rear end as soon as they showed anyone a single page

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It baffles me in this case. How the hell did that get a Netflix show instead of the mangaka getting kicked out on their rear end as soon as they showed anyone a single page

Manga publishers have very low standards for anyone willing to put up with the inhumane work schedules, it got popular with a certain kind of Guy, and now it's popular and can make money and if there's a big Twitter controversy that's free advertising.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

it's always had a certain reputation as 'that show that's really good if you can get past how creepy it is' but it's like only the last couple of years people have actually pointed out that, no, it's not just 'creepy' it's literal torture and abuse of children.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

Manga publishers have very low standards for anyone willing to put up with the inhumane work schedules, it got popular with a certain kind of Guy, and now it's popular and can make money and if there's a big Twitter controversy that's free advertising.

biden's that type of guy but instead of being about cuckolding someone it's about revealing in the death and torture of children

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

My dude it is on Disney+, fuckin so many kids babysat by streaming have watched that piss show.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

citizen. step into the faith cube

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Weka posted:

Has Finkelstein ever claimed to be a leftist? What makes you think he is one?
He seems like an honest academic in a field where that's stigmatized. Plenty of right liberals that I know would agree with him 100% if they new the history properly, I don't think being opposed to genocide or whatever makes you a leftist.

He regularly refers to people as his comrades and was (in his own words) "a raging Maoist" in his youth, so I'm fairly certain he's still a leftist. Doesn't mean he's free of blind spots, obviously.

Edit: Finished the Avenue C talk with Aaron Maté, he literally says, "Even to this day, the notion of the dictatorship of the proletariat warms the cockles of my heart."

SplitSoul has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Nov 23, 2023

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
happy tweetsgiving

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

bedpan posted:

the lolidomor

Lmao at this, and also lmao that this could describe, like, 5 different events on this website.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

KirbyKhan posted:

My dude it is on Disney+, fuckin so many kids babysat by streaming have watched that piss show.

I think a lot of people don't have the "someone is jerking off to this" detector goons have. To regular people it's just a dark and violent anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!