Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
bring 'er back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
LIZ TRUSS LIZ TRUSS LIZ TRUSS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Farage is in waiting

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Farage is in waiting

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

queen uh ‘arts

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
truss can slay the two headed beast that is the monarch and parliament

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Downing Street says the Prime Minister retains full confidence in Home Secretary James Cleverly

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

i am harry posted:

god uk politics is always such bullshit

loving WORLD IS IN SLOW COLLAPSE and it’s nothing but poo poo like, “Mr Jeremy Rumple said something mean or wrong we demand clarity and apology”

Talking about the mess we're in and who's responsible for it is uncomfortable: much easier just to do tone policing instead.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Quotey posted:

Downing Street says the Prime Minister retains full confidence in Home Secretary James Cleverly

To be fair it is probably one of the most objectively true things a Tory Home Secretary has said.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I read a book about England declaring war on Iceland for their cod. In the 1950s.

Aye, my Dad was involved in "The Cod Wars" but I dunno when that was exactly. I know he served on the HMS Plymouth but I think that was from 64-66 and she only went to Iceland in the 80s, in which my Dad was no longer a seaman. It's a mystery

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Communist Thoughts posted:

loving hell it just hit me all over again that Truss isn't pm

When is this going to get easier ffs

Everything is gonna be really really hosed just as we get old and frail

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Plymouth did a bunch of bullshit parades as well so he might have been reassigned during the Cod Wars to do more important stuff.

Either that or he was just saying he was just serving during the Cold War and you misheard him on purpose.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Lol it is a shithole he spoke no word of a lie.

Yeah but it's a shithole because of neoliberalism. It's one of the many places where they just didn't give a poo poo after the mines closed down.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’ve been there, that was the smoking shed

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Visiting family and my dad watched QT last night and told me the best way to solve illegal immigration is to infiltrate the gangs and buy up all the boats for Channel crossings. This will be cheaper and more effective than the hotel hosting, I am told.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Visiting family and my dad watched QT last night and told me the best way to solve illegal immigration is to infiltrate the gangs and buy up all the boats for Channel crossings. This will be cheaper and more effective than the hotel hosting, I am told.

Was there not a cushion to cover his face with for making you watch question time

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Buy the actual boats, then the navy have something to float around in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Buy up all the boats, park them in the middle of the Channel, let the refugees stay there in a sprawling haphazard city on the sea

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Jose posted:

Was there not a cushion to cover his face with for making you watch question time

Still trying to train their Colliedor to rip throats out. Slowly getting there. Not watched QT in couple years. Good to see the formula is still excellent at angering the blood.

Betjeman posted:

Buy the actual boats, then the navy have something to float around in

I did make an off hand comment about the RN being puddle pirates now, and that prompted ‘50s era Home Guard patrol talk, but in the Channel.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ireland must make a brutal example out of the right wing rioters

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DachshundColin/status/1728046746138222681

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

lol, WTF.

BE HIS BACON SAMMICH MOMENT, MEDIA.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

extremely my poo poo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

lol, WTF.

british journalists definitely don’t know any better

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Buy up all the boats, park them in the middle of the Channel, let the refugees stay there in a sprawling haphazard city on the sea

the sea peoples are back just in time for the next big collapse

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i say swears online posted:

extremely my poo poo

Rishi's constant smile through it all is the best

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
why are we letting this loving nerd be prime minister?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He was good in the Inbetweeners.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

puddle pirates

That is an absolutely beautiful phrase 😊

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

liz did what she came for and hosed off

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Has he never even seen a Looney Tunes cartoon?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Still wild to remember the month where liz became pm, iced brenda, molotoved the economy and just left like it wasn't her problem

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That leadership contest was such a farce lol.

"Who do you want for leader, Liz or Rishi?"

Tory members: "Liz!"

"Wrong answer! You're getting Rishi!"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
As Flying_rodent on Twitter put it: it's no coincidence that both main parties are now led by odd little men that nobody really likes, or voted for; the Establishment's gone to considerable trouble to put them in their positions.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Tesseraction posted:

Still wild to remember the month where liz became pm, iced brenda, molotoved the economy and just left like it wasn't her problem

At least we got this highlights reel out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IruIdkCb4

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr34L56mKk

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Tesseraction posted:

To be fair, that was a rollercoaster of a premiership , she got regicide and an economy crash during her stint and it was all in the space of a single season.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Sure beats my idea of reforming the East India Company and having privateers stop them.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

protestant: looks normal to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

lol, WTF.

the bacon sarnie was such a mad moment. it was eclipsed by the handling corbyn got, but miliband did also get some seriously scurrilous coverage