Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Feel genuinely guilty about not dating Venti. I didn't go with the romance option, but it's still obvious and the next day Rocky mentions that she's been drawing hearts in the sand with her pickaxe. Not sure how to interpret that other than her just deciding to keep it secret forever.

Feel almost as guilty that I won't be able to reciprocate Unsuur's crush.

I dunno about this "reverse confession" (former isn't technically a confession, but it still basically is) stuff, makes me feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Completed it today, clocked in at about 200 days or something like that, and 95 hours. Overall a good improvement over Portia, although it feels like, overall, there are less improvement projects. The water gimmick was only really bothersome early on, later it's a nothin. I think the weakest part is probably the last say third.

I like the scrap system being able to reduce your grind times in the mines, and the combat was better, and so were the ruins
I hope they keep making these and improving it just as much each time

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Ytlaya posted:

Feel genuinely guilty about not dating Venti. I didn't go with the romance option, but it's still obvious and the next day Rocky mentions that she's been drawing hearts in the sand with her pickaxe. Not sure how to interpret that other than her just deciding to keep it secret forever.

Feel almost as guilty that I won't be able to reciprocate Unsuur's crush.

I dunno about this "reverse confession" (former isn't technically a confession, but it still basically is) stuff, makes me feel bad.

I definitely felt bad for Unsuur, since I'm not into dudes even in video games, but at least he took it well that we can be best friends.

Venti comes on way too strong way too fast but it also makes sense given her whole situation. If I ever play a second save I'd feel bad for not being able to even give her a room of her own to sleep in rather than the miner/scrapper bunkhouse.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I'm dating everyone eventually and look forward to the poo poo storm when I finally decide to get married. Just half the drat town sobbing and chugging yakmel milk outside the temple.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sloober posted:

I like the scrap system being able to reduce your grind times in the mines, and the combat was better, and so were the ruins
I hope they keep making these and improving it just as much each time

Yeah, I'm more than happy to keep grabbing these as long as they keep making em better each time. I'm pretty picky when it comes to these kinds of games and these definitely hit the spot. It's clear they know where to improve, and there's only so much progress they can afford at a time in time.

My Time At Wherever Next I'll get in EA just like this one, kinda fun to play as it comes out honestly. I figure they might try to go for co-op from the ground up next time, which might lead to proper online workshopping of some kind someday who knows.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Late game (I think?) and

• Man Elsie got a glow up.
• Hahaha gently caress you Yan to jail.
• LMAO at Logan still going to jail.
• Kinda sad Penn and Miguel are actually villains and not just benign assholes.
• though lmao at Miguel trying to shift blame to me and asking Burgess how many trees I've cut down and Burgess just saying "I've never even had to warn her!"
• Matilda's been suspicious as hell since Trudy showed up. So not really a surprise there. What a bitch.

• most of these games I'm lucky if there's one person I want to romance. Sandrock is spoiling me for choice. Just fantastic character writing.

This game rules. It's up there with Stardew and RF4 at the peak of the genre.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

God dammit. Why is the game offering me a commission for Perfect Steel Frames when it's apparently impossible for me to aquire the gem necessary to refine them? I got greedy and accepted because it paid over 6000 gol and I'm very low on money.

I guess it's technically possible to refine all the component parts, but that would take an obscene number of fluorite.

Actually, is it even possible to craft a Perfect thing using perfect components? I haven't tried it. Does it require every single component be Perfect?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Ytlaya posted:

God dammit. Why is the game offering me a commission for Perfect Steel Frames when it's apparently impossible for me to aquire the gem necessary to refine them? I got greedy and accepted because it paid over 6000 gol and I'm very low on money.

I guess it's technically possible to refine all the component parts, but that would take an obscene number of fluorite.

Actually, is it even possible to craft a Perfect thing using perfect components? I haven't tried it. Does it require every single component be Perfect?

Quality of components has no bearing on the quality of a product, to the best of my knowledge. What gem does it require?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

If you pick up something you realize you can't do just cancel it, the penalty is just -1 rep for the person and your Workshop, you'll get that back almost instantly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Ore refinery can probably make the gem you need.

Edit: Also now that the clothes DLC is out I can finally post the horrible Centaur Grace we had in the beta before launch when you randomly let the game assign costumes.

Also Owen for a good while was stuck in a permanent Horse dismounting animation. Yes, this happened in every cutscene he was involved in as well.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 23, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Justice: "Again with the bandana?"
Unsuur: "Sorry sir, I'm just not good at drawing the lower halves of people's faces. That and hands."

These lines crack me up. Unsuur is probably the most surprisingly funny characters in the game.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Justice: "Again with the bandana?"
Unsuur: "Sorry sir, I'm just not good at drawing the lower halves of people's faces. That and hands."

These lines crack me up. Unsuur is probably the most surprisingly funny characters in the game.

His lines are usually golden, I love him.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Probsbly the best quote of all time from him:
"...Andy threw those marbles, and said 'Eat marbles, marble eaters,' and then one flew up into my mouth. The prophecy... it came true..."

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Burgess also a strong competitor

On Trudy returning "Now there's a two older women to boss me around! What a great time to be a toady"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Probsbly the best quote of all time from him:
"...Andy threw those marbles, and said 'Eat marbles, marble eaters,' and then one flew up into my mouth. The prophecy... it came true..."

some bangers here:

https://mytimeatsandrock.fandom.com/wiki/Unsuur/Dialogue

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Does anyone know how to delete staircases in your house? Google is no help. I'm in the house edit mode but there's no button to delete anything it's very frustrating.

Edit n/m I just figured it out not very intuitive at least not on Steam deck.

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 23, 2023

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I was surprised by how much I liked Miquel.
He's rarely likeable, but his VA does a great job getting across his sense of righteousness and conviction.
So it's a blast watching him in action even when he's being horrible.

Seriously developers, hire fitting voice actors and actually work with them rather than having them just reading a list of context free lines.

A good VA performance will absolutely bring a character too life.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Yeah, Pen is good in that regard too. He is such a smug, arrogant rear end in a top hat and the VA plays it well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Cooper's VA obviously had a lot of fun blurting out all that. Sorry I skipped you so much, dude!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Ore refinery can probably make the gem you need.

Edit: Also now that the clothes DLC is out I can finally post the horrible Centaur Grace we had in the beta before launch when you randomly let the game assign costumes.

Also Owen for a good while was stuck in a permanent Horse dismounting animation. Yes, this happened in every cutscene he was involved in as well.

Lmao I played all of EA and had no idea you could dress up NPCs one way or the other.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Khanstant posted:

Lmao I played all of EA and had no idea you could dress up NPCs one way or the other.

That stuff was all in the beta branch only which you had to sign up for as a closed beta tester and all.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
If you adopt a baby does the game make a random baby vs a biological one that is supposed to inherent traits from you and your spouse?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Khanstant posted:

You can do a bit of dress up of all of your, cough, romantic interests in the Social tab, picking between two outfits.

I suspect you can do even more if you marry them, but I didn't get around to it yet.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Justice: You tried to WALK to Atara?

Unsuur: Yeah, it didn't seem so far at the time. On it map it looks like the length of your finger but in real life... Hoo boy!

Unsuur is killing me. Justice has begged me to come with him to Unsuur's Soup Social because he's clipping through the floor out of sheer cringe.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I smiled when I saw Unsuur named his horse Boulder and Justice named his horse Truth.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just started this game. Can you do anything with the trash items you find around the town? Like the crumpled paper and broken bottles?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 24, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
So Matilda has just put up a donation box for the bridge repair. It has a bunch of "Donate Item" options, but clicking on them only tries to take my money.

Is it a bug, a Church scam, or me doing something wrong here?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

So Matilda has just put up a donation box for the bridge repair. It has a bunch of "Donate Item" options, but clicking on them only tries to take my money.

Is it a bug, a Church scam, or me doing something wrong here?

It's supposed to take money, unsure why items are popping up.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Unlucky7 posted:

I just started this game. Can you do anything with the trash items you find around the town? Like the crumpled paper and broken bottles?

Some of the scraps can be recycled in some recipes, I just put them in a box and forget about them

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Panfilo posted:

Justice: You tried to WALK to Atara?

Unsuur: Yeah, it didn't seem so far at the time. On it map it looks like the length of your finger but in real life... Hoo boy!

Unsuur is killing me. Justice has begged me to come with him to Unsuur's Soup Social because he's clipping through the floor out of sheer cringe.

Justice gave himself that name so he can't really talk on the cringe front.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

FrickenMoron posted:

Some of the scraps can be recycled in some recipes, I just put them in a box and forget about them

There are four types of worthless garbage: ruined glass, ruined paper, ruined cloth and food scraps.
You can sell the glass, paper and cloth but it's not worth it as you have to sell them in units of 2 (cloth) or 4 (glass and paper) to yield a single gol.
Food scraps can be consumed for a single stamina point each.

The most straightforward way to deal with these (and throwing rocks) is to open your inventory, click on them, press R, and discard them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can pick up trash without consuming stamina and gain a trivial amount of exp. this is the only purpose.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What about cleaning and being a productive part of society?!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you can pick up trash without consuming stamina and gain a trivial amount of exp. this is the only purpose.

You do get dregs sometimes, and food scraps I think can be fed directly into machines for fuel as well.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You can stuff food scraps into your mouth for 1 point of stamina

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I get enough dregs from scrap piles and recycling that I don't think I've ever used anything else for fuel

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if i somehow ran out of dregs, power stones are almost as easy to come by.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

It doesn't take very long for the only issue with fuel to be keeping it in your machines, which is the big benefit of the Fire Powered Generator: only one thing to actually load up. Unfortunately, the Fire Powered Generator does not have an auto button like your machines.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
There's a side quest involving picking up photos for Mort, and trash collection is one way to get them (possibly the only way, for one of them? I can't remember), if you're looking for a completionist reason to pick up trash

the real reason to do it is because it makes Sandrock a nicer place, plus all the dregs you will ever need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
You can get the mort photos hitting scrap outside the scrap yard