Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

DTurtle posted:

It's quite gross to compare the systematic, Nazi-led mass confiscation of artwork, persecution of artists leading to mass exile, suicide, death by poverty, etc. to the cancellation of a single exhibition due to comments by a curator comparing the situation in Gaza with the Holocaust.

Do you happen to have those actual horrible holocaust comparisons handy because none of the articles I read had the quotes and just said "facebook" and I went and looked and didn't find them

https://m.facebook.com/shahiduldrik

I mean it is of course absolutely out of the question that good Germans would simply, out of their natural enthusiasm for genocide which they finally are allowed to vicariously live out through cheering on the Israeli war effort, misconstruct the posts of a brown person voicing solidarity with Palestinians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Spice World War II posted:

Do you happen to have those actual horrible holocaust comparisons handy because none of the articles I read had the quotes and just said "facebook" and I went and looked and didn't find them

I mean it is of course absolutely out of the question that good Germans would simply, out of their natural enthusiasm for genocide which they finally are allowed to vicariously live out through cheering on the Israeli war effort, misconstruct the posts of a brown person voicing solidarity with Palestinians

They mean your use of "entartete Kunst" opi

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Do you know what entartete Kunst was? What it actually meant?

I have no interest in arguing the minutia of what he possibly said or posted or whatever.

I can absolutely guarantee you that the consequences he is facing are nothing even close to comparable to what happened to the people persecuted by the Nazis (personally under the leadership of Goebbels) under the entartete Kunst framework.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Far right PVV has just became the biggest party in the Netherlands in today's elections 👍

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Grendels Dad posted:

They might stören themselves on the "systematically" because as far as I know, the child murder happened while Israel were also killing everybody.

Yeah unironically theres a difference between a cruel vindictive bombing campaign that could put way more effort into avoiding civilian casualties and is probably partially motivated in displacing a population and systematic child murder (especially because the Holocaust came up)

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

niethan posted:

Yeah unironically theres a difference between a cruel vindictive bombing campaign that could put way more effort into avoiding civilian casualties and is probably partially motivated in displacing a population and systematic child murder (especially because the Holocaust came up)

there really isnt op, because you are wilfully murdering children in both scenarios. hth

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

nawilo_420 posted:

there really isnt op, because you are wilfully murdering children in both scenarios. hth

so, are Hamas also equally bad, since they willfully gunned down hundreds of civilians, including probably a lot of children

or are they just freedom fighters doing some collateral damage

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Libluini posted:

so, are Hamas also equally bad, since they willfully gunned down hundreds of civilians, including probably a lot of children

or are they just freedom fighters doing some collateral damage

Careful, saying Hamas is merely "equally as bad" will very definitely get your Biennale cancelled

Hamas killing civilians of all ages and genders is clearly as bad as when Israel does it, sure. The only issue is that a) Israel is dis-proportionally killing multiple times as many (and has done so for decades), and b) they are also even when they aren't killing anyone still operating a brutal apartheid regime; and yet we are still supporting Israel unconditionally and have designated Hamas a terror organisation.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Careful, saying Hamas is merely "equally as bad" will very definitely get your Biennale cancelled

Hamas killing civilians of all ages and genders is clearly as bad as when Israel does it, sure. The only issue is that a) Israel is dis-proportionally killing multiple times as many (and has done so for decades), and b) they are also even when they aren't killing anyone still operating a brutal apartheid regime; and yet we are still supporting Israel unconditionally and have designated Hamas a terror organisation.
So you don't think Hamas is a terrorist organization?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DTurtle posted:

So you don't think Hamas is a terrorist organization?

How do you define a terror organization? Unless you are just asking someone to google the official list for you?
Edit: More to the point how is this in any way relevant to the question at hand. Israel has without any reasonable doubt killed at least an order of magnitude more innocent civilians than hamas in the last weeks. More than Russia killed in two years. And yet somehow the only moral position is unconditional support?

genericnick fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 22, 2023

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

genericnick posted:

How do you define a terror organization? Unless you are just asking someone to google the official list for you?
This is going to very quickly end in nitpicking, so I will ask you as well: Do you consider Hamas a terrorist organization?

That said, I personally find the definition by the Verfassungsschutz not too bad, that (in short) defines it as an organization that attempts to achieve its political or ideological goals mostly through (certain) violent crimes.

And considering what Hamas did on October 7, that would definitely fit to them. Or do you disagree?

If you want a very detailed definition then you can look here:
https://www.bundestag.de/resource/blob/924428/d591f41f3b88ba9cfd876f5d51e7b6e0/Strafbarkeit-terroristischer-Vereinigungen-data.pdf

genericnick posted:

Edit: More to the point how is this in any way relevant to the question at hand. Israel has without any reasonable doubt killed at least an order of magnitude more innocent civilians than hamas in the last weeks. More than Russia killed in two years. And yet somehow the only moral position is unconditional support?
Spice World War II is the one complaining that Germany supports Israel but declares Hamas to be a terrorist organization. I'm merely trying to figure out if we are only talking about the first part of the statement or also the second part.

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 22, 2023

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

DTurtle posted:

This is going to very quickly end in nitpicking, so I will ask you as well: Do you consider Hamas a terrorist organization?

That said, I personally find the definition by the Verfassungsschutz not too bad, that (in short) defines it as an organization that attempts to achieve its political or ideological goals mostly through (certain) violent crimes.

And considering what Hamas did on October 7, that would definitely fit to them. Or do you disagree?

https://www.bundestag.de/resource/blob/924428/d591f41f3b88ba9cfd876f5d51e7b6e0/Strafbarkeit-terroristischer-Vereinigungen-data.pdf

Spice World War II is the one complaining that Germany supports Israel but declares Hamas to be a terrorist organization. I'm merely trying to figure out if we are only talking about the first part of the statement or also the second part.

who loving cares what name you give it op. I hope that we can have the brains here to look at what is actually happening instead of playing language games. yes, obviously what Hamas did on 7 October was bad. However, what Israel did after that is undeniably worse, and it doesnt matter if you call one side terrorists, or the other side, or none, or both.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Again, the factual question of whether Hamas is a terrorist organization is trivial. They are on the list and this has clear legal implications. I would imagine they fit the technical definition and if not it also wouldn't really matter. But what is this supposed to imply?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

DTurtle posted:

Hamas commits terror attacks. So does Israel. Both do this intentionally. Israel has terrorized and harmed and killed an order of magnitude more civilians for decades.
During a period of ceasefire, Hamas is not enforcing Apartheid on Israeli citizens.
Since the establishment of Israel, only Israel has been able to cleanse and occupy more and more land.

Our official Staatsraison is to designate Hamas a terrorist organisation, and Israel the subject of our eternal unconditional support.

Hamas attacks on Israel clearly fulfill enough of the §129 to make that designation, and it still doesn't loving matter, because through absolutely selectively and only due to political expediency applying concepts like terrorism we make them meaningless, not just in Israel/Palestine. Hell, §129 was expanded (Eingriff in den Bahnverkehr :toot:)so that Helmut Kohl could try to designate anti-nuclear activists terrorists. The PKK is a terrorist organisation and our news have to make funny dances around this when talking about our friends in the YPG... And let me tell you about terrorist guerillas in south america versus "paramilitaries"...

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 23, 2023

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

quote:

Die Bundesregierung will für das laufende Jahr 2023 die im Grundgesetz verankerte Schuldenbremse erneut aussetzen.

Bundesfinanzminister Christian Lindner (FDP) kündigte am Donnerstag in Berlin an, dass er dem Kabinett am Mittwoch kommender Woche den Entwurf für einen entsprechenden Nachtragshaushalt für 2023 vorlegen werde. So sollten Kredite für die bereits ausgezahlten Energiepreisbremsen nachträglich rechtlich abgesichert werden. (dpa/Reuters)

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/wirtschaft/nach-karlsruher-urteil-lindner-kundigt-aussetzung-der-schuldenbremse-fur-2023-an-10827361.html

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'll be damned, wouldn't have trusted Lindner to be able to make a single good decision.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well, it also benefits corporation, probably significantly more so than the poebel....

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

After the first horseman of the apocalypse (Lindner being sensible) we have the next one:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Nu es ist ja auch Freitag.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I mean, it looks gross, but it's honestly, quite a good meal. I probably wouldn't mash all of that together though.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
#söderisst

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Empty gesture against americanish conditions at Thanksgiving of all dates. :colbert:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah I'd eat that

better obv with Rührei

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'd eat that even though it might give me

Södbrennen

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah I'd eat that

better obv with Rührei

Honestly I disagree. While I usually prefer eggs scrambled, mixing those with spinach that wet gives a weirdly mushy mouthfeel. The slight crispnes of the fried egg is a better

The correct option is to add a bit of flour and make a quiche from those ingredients.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Defiintion: The feeling of loosing your appetite for a dish you like because you see a politicians abuse it to appear more human.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly I disagree. While I usually prefer eggs scrambled, mixing those with spinach that wet gives a weirdly mushy mouthfeel. The slight crispnes of the fried egg is a better

The correct option is to add a bit of flour and make a quiche from those ingredients.

oh yeah I never tried that, but Spiegelei on a Spinat Quiche should go hard

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Spinat with Ei and Kartoffel rules, but the Fischstaebchen are missing

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

das ist in seiner Hose

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Another vile anti-semite has been outed and their work cancelled!

quote:

Ausstellung von Candice Breitz abgesagt
Saarlandmuseum will Arbeiten der Künstlerin nach „kontroversen Aussagen“nicht zeigen.

Die für Frühjahr 2024 geplante Ausstellung der jüdisch-südafrikanischen Künstlerin Candice Breitz im Saarlandmuseum ist abgesagt. Das hat am Freitagabend die Stiftung Saarländischer Kulturbesitz (SSK) bekannt gegeben. „Der Vorstand trifft diese Entscheidung nach reiflicher Überlegung in Anbetracht der medialen Berichterstattung über die Künstlerin im Zusammenhang mit ihren kontroversen Äußerungen im Kontext des Angriffskrieges der Hamas auf den Staat Israel“.

Die Stiftung möchte, wie sie mitteilt, „durch die Absage der Ausstellung deutlich zum Ausdruck bringen, dass sie vor diesem Hintergrund nicht bereit ist, Künstlerinnen und Künstlern ein Podium bieten, die sich nicht klar gegen den Terror der Hamas positionieren“. Geplant war in Saarbrücken Breitz’ 13-teilige, neunstündige Video-Installation „TLDR“von 2017, die sich mit Prostitution beschäftigt.

Breitz, 1972 in Johannesburg geboren, lebt in Berlin, unterrichtet in Braunschweig an der Hochschule für Bildende Künste (HBK Braunschweig) und setzt sich in ihrer Arbeit immer wieder auch mit Rassismus auseinander. Für den 10. November hatte sie in Berlin als Teil einer Gruppe, getragen von einem losen Bündnis von Juden aus Deutschland, Israel und anderen Ländern, darunter auch Deborah Feldman (Roman „Unorthodox“), zu einer Demonstration geladen – unter dem Motto „We still need to talk“. Wie die „taz“berichtet, beklagte Breitz dort in einem Video „jüdisches Privileg“und „Apartheid“in Israel. Insgesamt sei es laut „taz“in den 20 Redebeiträgen der Demo auch um ein Redeverbot gegangen, das der Gruppe durch Zionisten, der Bundesregierung und deutschen Nazis auferlegt werde.

Bei Instagram schrieb Candice Breitz Ende Oktober, es sei möglich, tiefes Mitgefühl für die von der Hamas ermordeten Israelis zu empfinden, zugleich den israelischen Ministerpräsidenten Netanjahu und die „unmenschliche Bombardierung“von Gaza zu verurteilen. Ebenso sei es möglich, das palästinensische Ringen „um Grundrechte und menschliche Würde“zu unterstützen und zugleich das „schreckliche Gemetzel“durch die Hamas vom 7. Oktober zu verdammen. Zu verdammen sei auch der „grausame Würgegriff“der Hamas gegenüber den Zivilisten in Gaza, der wiederum Israels „sadistischen Anführern“in die Hände spiele. Die Hamas sei nicht Palästina.

https://www.saarbruecker-zeitung.de/saarland/saar-kultur/saarlandmuseum-sagt-ausstellung-von-candice-breitz-ab_aid-102123405

It seems to me as if we have to add jewish immigrants to the list of people who will have to undergo an extra strong Gesinnungsprüfung or lose their papers once our glorious AFD/CDU government is in power!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Personally, I think that all those Kunstbürokraten and Curators should lose their job, because they should have known about those now-cancelled artists and their stance on I/P even before the October 7th attacks. :colbert:

Special shout-out to the guys who cancelled one artist due to "antisemitisch lesbaren Äußerungen", maybe if you cannot clearly commit to whether or not something is antisemitic you should no longer be allowed to do art in Germany with public money.

It's blatantly opportunistic by the public art institutionsj. Fully expect that in four to five years they will just take a totally different stance if they are kept around.

coke zero mit mayo
Nov 5, 2008
Gottschalk ist ultra peinlich alter schwede

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Uh yeah that‘s kinda his whole thing isn‘t it?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

coke zero mit mayo posted:

KO G'tatschl

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

coke zero mit mayo posted:

I see you're catching up with 90's German television!

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
How many knees did he touch?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Deutsche Antifa bleibt stabil!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Alles ist Scheiße weil Israel ballert?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
If you want meta cringe check out Boris Palmer being supportive of Gottschalk telling it how it is and meta meta the boomers agreeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Ich als alter weißer Mann bin derselben Meinung. Diese political correctness ist zum heulen und je älter ich werde, desto mehr interessiert mich das nicht mehr. Ich sage, was ich denke und das ist gut so! Ab fuffzge wird dr Schwob gscheit ond frech!!

Lieber Boris Palmer, Ihre Sicht der Dinge - oder besser gesagt: Ihre klare Sicht auf die Dinge - sind in der heutigen Zeit der ständigen Befindlichkeiten, Betroffenheiten, von "political correctness" und zur Schau getragenen Wokeness nicht nur eine Bereicherung, sondern wie ein Befreiungsschlag! Es ist nämlich langsam unerträglich, mit welcher Selbstgerechtigkeit, Selbstherrlichkeit, Arroganz und teilweise offensichtlichen Heuchelei gewisse Gruppierungen, Medien und Politiker ihren (nicht wirklich vorhandenen) Heiligenschein zu Markte tragen und sich als moralische Instanz aufspielen. Ganz herzlichen Dank für Ihre immer offenen und meist auch treffenden Worte!

Tatsächlich fand ich seinen Abschiedssatz auch erschreckend. Ist es wirklich so weit gekommen? Man merkte auch den ganzen Abend die Anspannung und es wirkte alles irgendwie altmodisch, was mir persönlich sehr gefiel und mich an meine Jugend erinnert hat.

Geboren 1960, habe ich meine Meinung immer klar formuliert, gegen Ungerechtigkeit, Diskriminierung etc. gesprochen. Toleranzbesoffensein ebenso abgelehnt, wie hartherziges und engstirniges Verhalten anderen gegenüber. Mit Sicherheit nicht immer Mainstream. Aber jetzt sag ich auch nichts mehr. Keine Lust, ständig von ,,ja,aber Menschen4", die nicht die Hälfte Lebenserfahrung haben, korrigiert zu werden.

Ja, Sie haben es auf den Punkt gebracht! Wir sind in unserer Gesellschaft schon fast dort angelangt, wo sich die Menschen in der französischen Revolution bei den Jakobinern ab 1792 befanden. Die Revolution wurde zu Terror und jeder, der das falsche Wort am falschen Platz aussprach, lief Gefahr seinen Kopf auf der Guillotine zu verlieren. Heute sind es zwar nicht mehr körperliche Enthauptungen, aber es geschehen viele psychische Verletzungen durch solche Blätter wie den Spiegel oder andere mediale Instrumente. Unsere Gesellschaft verarmt dadurch und verliert immer mehr ihr Selbst. Der von Ihnen angesprochene Rückzug in das Private ist zu mindestes im Moment die einzige Alternative, um sich vor diesen Verletzungen zu schützen. .

Ich bin eindeutig Team Gottschalk. Es ist mittlerweile schlicht und ergreifend zum kotzen, was hier abgeht... Biste nicht mit der Regierungsentscheidung einig, biste automatisch ein Nazi und zwar schon bei der leistesten Kritik. Da ich aber jung bin, halte ich meine Klappe keinesfalls im Gegenteil: ich werde jeden Tag lauter!!!

niethan fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 26, 2023