Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

AEW's cancellation will be the final domino in a chain that starts with "Jim Cornette gets really mad on Twitter that they killed Brian Griffin and tells his followers to protest"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

for the record it wasn't a defense i thought it loving sucked too lol

Not gonna lie it reeeaaally felt like cope

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

devil thoughts: how much money where my mouth is to see the rare foil wrestlers facing someone besides wheeler yuta? :rolleyes:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

another roh belt on rampage, wtf tony! we could have had a sky blue match!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Imagine how much loving better then Continental Classic would be if Shibata was in it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Imagine how much loving better then Continental Classic would be if Shibata was in it.

zero percent better there is already too much roh stink on it

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

how long until MJF has a talk show segment?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

Shibata is great and the type of wrestler who would be perfect for what this is purported to be

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sticky Nate posted:

how long until MJF has a talk show segment?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019056&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Prejudice against non-aew companies, especially during aew’s flop era, is a sickness of the mind and of the soul.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Suplex Liberace posted:

Look I get that people think there's too many titles but this is a level of Letter Derangement that is simply too far. It's fuckin' Katsuyori Shibata, who cares what the letters on his belt are.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe let people hate in peace

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

no

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Let me hate his hate, then!!!!!!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, if Shibata was so good I doubt NJPW would have left him on the shelf so often. Probably just couldn't hack it there so had to run to Tony.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

MJeff posted:

Let me hate his hate, then!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHE0b2Cp_iE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up

-50 cent

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I watched the Jay White vs MJF match. I can't get over the fact that the guy stole an ambulance and we're just meant to accept it and move on

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Fun fact: If you are taken away in a ambulance and manage to overpower the paramedics then legal it belongs to you.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Shibata is great and the type of wrestler who would be perfect for what this is purported to be

a tournament for old broken men?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Most Power Alex posted:

Fun fact: If you are taken away in a ambulance and manage to overpower the paramedics then legal it belongs to you.

That’s why I always thought it was kind of unfair they only let really sick or injured people in them. Seems like it stacks the odds in their favor.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

a tournament for old broken men?

lol ok

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

If Adam Cole, for whom the entire Hangman feud existed to prove was a lovely loser that deserved to never win the big one and has done nothing since to change that, wins the AEW title after this story bullshit instead of someone cool like OC, Swerve, Joe, or Hanger (or even someone like Eddie, Rush, or Jay White), I think it might be the thing that gets me to give up on AEW.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Llyr posted:

Jade stunk for her entire AEW career. She got a little less awful near the end but still stunk :colbert:

There's a reason why she's been cooped up in the performance center and limited to cameo appearances on WWE programming.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Adam Cole has Jake Lee's body and drawing ability. He probably has the hat and coat, too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sticky Nate posted:

Adam Cole has Jake Lee's body and drawing ability. He probably has the hat and coat, too.

At least Jake can work

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Cody leaving was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

remember when mox had a cool eye patch

how times have changed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You’re not wrong!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

Looking back fondly on all his cherished memories at the fed... Punk finally sent himself home. It's poetic really.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You’re both correct

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody and punk were both isolated by the bucks. makes you think

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony taking the book from them made sense but Kenny has been nothing but a victim of others stupidity. Imagine him still booking the women's division

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The art of leadership is delegation, a fact that TK apparently never internalized

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TK really thought that his e fedding and action figures would translate to booking wrestling. he’s a money mark running out of ideas but because he was born rich he has zero instincts or self preservation strategies. he will hire a booker or he will choke.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really got scolded a while back for believing tony desperately needs to let someone do some booking. not permanently or anything. they said i was a loving piece of poo poo for thinking like that. they said i'm going to die soon and not to ask how they know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

TK really thought that his e fedding and action figures would translate to booking wrestling. he’s a money mark running out of ideas but because he was born rich he has zero instincts or self preservation strategies. he will hire a booker or he will choke.

You're a loving piece of poo poo for thinking this. You're gonna die soon. Don't ask me how I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i really got scolded a while back for believing tony desperately needs to let someone do some booking. not permanently or anything. they said i was a loving piece of poo poo for thinking like that. they said i'm going to die soon and not to ask how they know.

I don’t think you are going to die soon