Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mooseinfants posted:

A few months ago when Punk stopped by Raw to 'mend some fences' the rumor was that Triple H was willing to talk to him about stuff but he wanted to ask Vince if ti was ok if Punk was backstage and allegedly Vince said to throw him out. You can take that whichever way you want.

I take it as HHH being a fool for not immediately kicking the guy out who was a main eventer for the competition during a very tense time between all involved and with contract tampering claims and an antitrust lawsuits hanging in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Me and EMF when the Punk and Code Connection solves racism AND transphobia on the same night by main eventing Wrestlemania*

* Night 1

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
speaking of survivor series

the undertakah posted:

"Terry Anderson, she’s the one that did my ring gear, my whole career. She was always trying to get me to do something with my jackets. She always wanted to make them extraordinary, which she did, but I was always super conservative. I remember going to her, I’m the American Badass at this point. I go to her because she was like, ‘Hey, what do you want to do for Survivor Series?’ I said, ‘I want to do python skin pants.’ She looks at me, deadpan, ‘No you don’t.’ ‘They will be badass. Think about it. Snakeskin pants.’ ‘Mark, no.’ ‘Are you kidding me?’ I thought she would love the idea. ‘You’re too big. They will look ridiculous.’ ‘Noooo, this is going to be the absolute coolest look the American Badass has ever presented.’ ‘No, Mark, it’s not.’ She tried her hardest to talk me out of those pants, and I wouldn’t hear it. Then, it got to the day of. I didn’t have any back up. When I put them on and I looked. I was like, ‘Holy poo poo, you’re the main event tonight against Kurt Angle and you look like you have some pants that belong to the Godfather.’"

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/undertaker-i-thought-python-pants-would-look-badass-they-looked-they-belonged-godfather?amp

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I thought they were the Godfather's pants. The story went that UT's bag didn't make it to the arena and since he was friends with Godfather and they were roughly the same size...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

YOU’VE DONE IT NOWWWWW

YOU’VE GONE AND MADE A BIG MISTAKE

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

I still don’t understand why he’s so angry all the time. He’s got a beautiful wife, a ton of money,

Wait I thought one of the things about him recently was that he doesn’t have a ton of money anymore.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Grendels Dad posted:

I thought they were the Godfather's pants. The story went that UT's bag didn't make it to the arena and since he was friends with Godfather and they were roughly the same size...

yeah, same. now i’m wondering where that story even started.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

fart blood posted:

Wait I thought one of the things about him recently was that he doesn’t have a ton of money anymore.

Specifically, that A)the lawsuit against Dr. Amann ate up more of his money than he'd planned, and B)he apparently recently bought a $4,000,000 house out in L.A. (ostensibly to get more acting gigs, but between being very publicly fired from AEW, doing mostly straight-to-streaming acting gigs to begin with, and then the actors' strike, my guess is that buying that house turned out not to be quite so good of an idea, financially speaking)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Maybe he should give his name for an energy drink.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jolt of Personality

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Maybe they were actually Godfather’s pants and he’s just changed his story because everyone in wrestling is a huge carny liar.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punk is backstage

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Can’t decide which is funnier: Punk showing up or Punk not showing up.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Answers Me posted:

Can’t decide which is funnier: Punk showing up or Punk not showing up.

WWE legit not wanting him, and Punk buying a front row ticket.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Jolt of Personality

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonz posted:

YOU’VE DONE IT NOWWWWW

YOU’VE GONE AND MADE BAD PANTS OF SNAKE

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sono posted:

WWE legit not wanting him, and Punk buying a front row ticket.

The ol' Enzo Amore manuever

e: actually Punk showing up like that and getting tackled and thrown out is the funniest possible scenario

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 25, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kennel posted:

Maybe he should give his name for an energy drink.

The fool. It would make people immune to the Go to Sleep.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

xbilkis posted:

Jolt of Personality

:hmmyes:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm not convinced WWE stans would really turn on Punk for going against what he said previously and signing with WWE. Probably the one thing every party involved (WWE Stans, Punk Stans, WWE itself, and Punk himself) dream of is getting Punk on TV to talk poo poo about AEW and none of them would care if it means kissing the rear end of the company that he was saying nearly killed him 2 years ago.

Also Punk is definitely one of those people that cares way more about whoever pissed him off most recently than whoever did him the most wrong in the past. In his mind it wouldn't even be hypocrisy to get back in bed with WWE if it means he can stick it to AEW/The Elite/Jack Perry/Ryan Nemeth/whoever else the gently caress

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Drakkel posted:

I'm not convinced WWE stans would really turn on Punk for going against what he said previously and signing with WWE. Probably the one thing every party involved (WWE Stans, Punk Stans, WWE itself, and Punk himself) dream of is getting Punk on TV to talk poo poo about AEW and none of them would care if it means kissing the rear end of the company that he was saying nearly killed him 2 years ago.

Also Punk is definitely one of those people that cares way more about whoever pissed him off most recently than whoever did him the most wrong in the past. In his mind it wouldn't even be hypocrisy to get back in bed with WWE if it means he can stick it to AEW/The Elite/Jack Perry/Ryan Nemeth/whoever else the gently caress

WWE stans will proceed to act like it's the biggest thing to happen, then go back to quietly being on their phones at live shows while the hair dryers whir back on.

WWE Twitter will ask, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED"?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

WWE stans will proceed to act like it's the biggest thing to happen, then go back to quietly being on their phones at live shows while the hair dryers whir back on.

WWE Twitter will ask, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED"?

Yeah pretty much

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People don't want to get Punk on TV to shittalk AEW they want to get Punk on TV because he's a big name they remember cheering for and there's not a lot of that left in WWE

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Drakkel posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Punk is under a non disparagement agreement with AEW.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Specifically, that A)the lawsuit against Dr. Amann ate up more of his money than he'd planned, and B)he apparently recently bought a $4,000,000 house out in L.A. (ostensibly to get more acting gigs, but between being very publicly fired from AEW, doing mostly straight-to-streaming acting gigs to begin with, and then the actors' strike, my guess is that buying that house turned out not to be quite so good of an idea, financially speaking)

Just remembered CM Punk had a cameo in the dogshit remake of the Cronenberg film Rabid directed by The Soska Sisters.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

bartok posted:

Just remembered CM Punk had a cameo in the dogshit remake of the Cronenberg film Rabid directed by The Soska Sisters.

Hopefully he wasn't playing the Marilyn Chambers role! :v:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

WWE Twitter will post 👀👀👀

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Punk is under a non disparagement agreement with AEW.

I don't believe for a second he would honor it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

HHH will promise to bankroll the lawsuit, this cannot backfire

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

there's nothing on this planet punk loves more than being aggrieved

trips promises to bankroll the lawsuit, then when it happens he smiles and says "seeya colt" before hanging up on punk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I think Punk will probably continue to abide by the terms of his NDA like he has thus far despite being given the opportunity to break it on social media or “anonymously” through Nick Hausman tbh

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Weird to put the preshow desk outside in the parking lot when it's only 33 and the sun is already gone.

Survivor Series in an hour

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

Weird to put the preshow desk outside in the parking lot when it's only 33 and the sun is already gone.

Survivor Series in an hour

I have absolutely nothing to do and having looked at the card I just can't find a reason to turn it on.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Punk is backstage

Punk should walk out to a concession stand halfway through the show, in civvies, and just not acknowledge anyone who recognizes him as he returns with his diet soda and hot dog

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Jimmy Jacobs

Jerry! :allears:

Docta

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Feeling like having a ruffles potato chip

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

I have absolutely nothing to do and having looked at the card I just can't find a reason to turn it on.

Umm buddy it’s the return of Randy Orton. You’re losing money by not turning in.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I'm gonna watch it until I get too tired and then fall asleep with the tv on and petting a dog. but that's also what I do with aew these days, too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Did they have to delete the Ric Flair Woo again at then now forever thing they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
GDT made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048146