Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

This joke is different (and funnier) if you imagine Ted Forth saying it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mary Worth looked familiar, so I went check if it was a rerun. It wasn't, but these two next to each other amuse me for some reason (maybe it's Mary's Stepford smile). The earlier year didn't sadly have a Thanksgiving strip.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Please tell me there aren't actually ten-year-olds out there getting botox injections.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kazinsal posted:

I'm glad Lynn is projecting her failure as a mother on another fictional character to try to spread the blame.

I think the comic is telling a joke.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

I'm glad Lynn is projecting her failure as a mother on another fictional character to try to spread the blame.
If I recall correctly, Connie was originally going to be something of an antagonistic foil to Ellie by being a woman who has a career (bad!) and is a feminist (worse!), but she ended up liking writing them as friends much better and never got around to shaming the character like she planned.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Powered Descent posted:

Please tell me there aren't actually ten-year-olds out there getting botox injections.

Only if they’re the children of the disgustingly rich.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Wow, amazing joke.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kennel posted:

Mary Worth looked familiar, so I went check if it was a rerun. It wasn't, but these two next to each other amuse me for some reason (maybe it's Mary's Stepford smile). The earlier year didn't sadly have a Thanksgiving strip.

Mary’s glassy-eyed smile chills me to my core.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 12, 1960)

That lower left panel. Foster was so drat good at facial expressions.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I Read Ahead And This loving Sucks rear end, I Hate This God-drat Liberal-Brained Fact-And-Logic Comic

Somewhat Historically Accurate Viking Planning

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Racists DESTROYED by FACTS and LOGIC

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Snitches get stitches, you little loving corporate weasel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This is an excellent way to give business to your local tire and automotive window shop.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Vargo posted:

Curtis

I hate the Michelle strips so much. Curtis is harassing this poor girl and he doesn't even actually like her! If the thing is just that he thinks she's hot, then he needs to shut the gently caress up about all the shallow things she does that make her look the way she does.

Who is giving this 9 year old botox and can we get them arrested

Drakyn posted:

If I recall correctly, Connie was originally going to be something of an antagonistic foil to Ellie by being a woman who has a career (bad!) and is a feminist (worse!), but she ended up liking writing them as friends much better and never got around to shaming the character like she planned.

She did at least get around to making her the mother of a gay child (horriffic!)

Luann

It's okay. She's not a full person anymore. She doesn't need much space :)

Gil Thorp

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I fail to see the problem, bed's usable in 2 seconds

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

FUUUUCKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

My least favorite Bible verse.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

Slug is no Jimmy.

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

It's like he decided it was time for this Phantom line to end.

Also lol at :thunkphantom:

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

:lol:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hostile V posted:

My least favorite Bible verse.

And if thy character offend thee, write it out, and cast it from thee

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i just don't give a gently caress about the prophecy in Phantom anymore. end the line, let them all die, save Savarna and her new Phantom kids.

also, for Retail: most companies just don't allow managers and non-managers to date WHILE WORKING THE SAME STORE, right? Though I have worked in several places where the peons like myself dated, broke it off, and things at work were less uncomfy and more "give it five minutes and they will be screaming at each other."

the thing is, as much as Josh is wrong for this (maybe, depending on the policy, I don't think either of the peeps in questions are above or have power over the other?) he is right in a bunch of poo poo in the strip, but because he's made to always be the Evil Smithers, everything he does has to be done for the corporate overlords.

but dumbass here has no loving proof which is why he's a loving moron. the DM hates the loser in question so of course he'll take Josh's word for it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 11/15-17/51

Archie 11/1-3/48

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 11/1-3/51

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

So do they let you just come back to college after you skip the first few weeks or months or whatever?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet 11/1-3/51

The question marks in this lettering look way too much like the ♀ symbol.

Swallow jet juice♀ :heysexy:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Green Intern posted:

So do they let you just come back to college after you skip the first few weeks or months or whatever?

Maybe all her classes were remote. Two of my freshmen roommates were business majors and their first semester was entirely online classes, and that was over 20 years ago.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Powered Descent posted:

The question marks in this lettering look way too much like the ♀ symbol.

Swallow jet juice♀ :heysexy:
Well, they are going to Venus.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

I like this one, the boyfriend is usually such a nonentity it’s sweet to see some actual interaction with him.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Not like it's a fetish or anything.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the masculine urge to have a baby inside you

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The thing that bothers me about Luann is that Team Evans used Steph, who they introduced as Evil Tiffany and is meant to be seen as a bad person, to tell off Bets about how she's a terrible funhaver. It just says a lot about how much they hate Bets.

Schwarzwald posted:

I think the comic is telling a joke.

Though even if you don't know the deal with Lynn Johnston, this has been like a straight week of strips where the parents bemoan how their kids are so needy with money and how the children spend it on "frivolous" things, so that's weird.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Spend time with your wife? Include her in your adventures? Communicate with her? Nah, just give her a sweet roll and she'll be content to stay in her corner.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Catch-up post! I've been down for the count with a wicked headache the last 3 days. My ear tube is all clogged and it hurts like a motherfucker. Probably have an ear or sinus infection, but I've got drugs so hopefully I'll be better soon.

Nancy 1943

Pluggers

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Which animal would you say that lady plugger is?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (May 20-24, 2004)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

amigolupus posted:

Though even if you don't know the deal with Lynn Johnston, this has been like a straight week of strips where the parents bemoan how their kids are so needy with money and how the children spend it on "frivolous" things, so that's weird.

Well sure, and after that straight week of strips we're shown that Good Concerned Mother Elly is blind to the seeing those exact same faults in herself. That's not weird, that's the punchline.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm gonna go with coyote

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

She's canonically a kangaroo immigrant IIRC.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

So she's a Thel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Rocko's long-lost aunt.