Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

when my Corsair ate poo poo I got some logitech G413 SE and it's nice and good, but I also don't want to gently caress with soldering my own stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

meat police posted:

when my Corsair ate poo poo I got some logitech G413 SE and it's nice and good, but I also don't want to gently caress with soldering my own stuff

I've been using my G413 SE the past few months because my Model M is so loud in this tiny-rear end house and it's a nice keyboard, tbh. The switches are mushy but it's a nice break from typing like you're on a typewriter cuz of how sensitive they are.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 26, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can't help but think of him lecturing an empty chair.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

redshirt posted:

Also lol

Edit: I think he admitted that was ridiculous later, but uhh, I'm not handing it to him.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

redshirt posted:

he was loving pissed off at that chair

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
that chair was barrax o'blammo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I have a $120 stupid RBG keyboard I need to sell. I didn't mean to buy it, and I can't return it at this point. I already own one, and I regret having bought it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a nice keyboard, definitely one of the like top three keyboards I've ever used. Super satisfying clicky poo poo. But it's not worth that much money. My 15 dollar keyboard I used for six years was just barely not quite as good as this.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I started taking these lionsmane mushroom + fish oil supplements at the behest of my psych and these things turn my pee fluorescent orange

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s how you know it’s working

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I started taking these lionsmane mushroom + fish oil supplements at the behest of my psych and these things turn my pee fluorescent orange

If you peed in the night forest could I follow your trail of glowing pee?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Maybe if I drink some glow in the dark paint or glowstick juice first

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

deep dish peat moss posted:

Same thing happens to me after a massive alcohol binge. Like lucozade. Or somebody dropped a teabag in the toilet.

I woke up at 7am and now it's 1am. I can't sleep because I'm hooked on these funny Oblivion clips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxUrZFAPdiU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The cheaper LED keyboards and mice you can buy on any online marketplace have only gotten better over time. I think I spent $50 on my kb + m and they must be on their 8th year with me, just great.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I've been using the same set of speakers since 2006.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

My granddad was a machinist at IBM and was on the team that developed that keyboard. Last fall we were looking for something else in one of his storage sheds and he has one in the original box, which isn't in perfect shape of course having been in a non-climate controlled shed for years, still has the semi-rigid plastic sheath over the unit itself, styrofoam packing, plastic still wrapped around the cord, etc.

It's probably one of the first few hundred, if not first few dozen or even single digit, that IBM ever made.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chief McHeath posted:

My granddad was a machinist at IBM and was on the team that developed that keyboard. Last fall we were looking for something else in one of his storage sheds and he has one in the original box, which isn't in perfect shape of course having been in a non-climate controlled shed for years, still has the semi-rigid plastic sheath over the unit itself, styrofoam packing, plastic still wrapped around the cord, etc.

It's probably one of the first few hundred, if not first few dozen or even single digit, that IBM ever made.

gently caress yeah that's awesome

I'm glad Unicomp managed to survive both IBM and Lexmark and buy the tooling and factory to keep making them, my new M isn't exactly like the ones I used growing up, but it's close enough and is natively USB

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

:boom:

thanks for participating in the bean thread, I finally had a full day off and wanted to do something really loving stupid and it was fun

:tipshat:

It was a fun thread, voted 5

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Luvcow posted:

:boom:

thanks for participating in the bean thread, I finally had a full day off and wanted to do something really loving stupid and it was fun

bean...thread?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also short rib chili was fantastic. Even my wife who isn’t normally a chili head gave it high praise. Long live the bean!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

meat police posted:

bean...thread?

quick 24hour thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4047997

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also short rib chili was fantastic. Even my wife who isn’t normally a chili head gave it high praise. Long live the bean!

:cheers:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
greasy John Schnatter had one thing right and it’s that garlic sauce, send it to the ultimate tier

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

trash tier trash oil

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chief McHeath posted:

greasy John Schnatter had one thing right and it’s that garlic sauce, send it to the ultimate tier

Look at this guy who eats blotto schnatter face grease

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

drat I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this tier list is essentially backwards.

Sorry for your sauce.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

weg posted:

drat I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this tier list is essentially backwards.

Sorry for your sauce.

ur unmodded, binch

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

ur unmodded, binch

gently caress im p0wned

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

soy sauce in c tier
:bighow:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Jif peanut butter? Hidden Valley ranch? French's mustard? It's like this list was made by a literal child.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight with tickets I drunk bought like two months ago and then promptly forgot about.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Going to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra tonight with tickets I drunk bought like two months ago and then promptly forgot about.

At least you remembered in time! Have fun.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Jif peanut butter? Hidden Valley ranch? French's mustard? It's like this list was made by a literal child.

Have you seen their posting?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Drunk purchases are desire manifest

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

satanic splash-back posted:

Drunk purchases are desire manifest

wisdom

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Years ago I drunk bought a $1000 basketball hoop because it was 50% off on Prime. And theoretically I really want a basketball hoop.

Took a special delivery to get it here, it's heavy. And there it sat in my garage, for years. I'd look at the box thinking, "What a drunken idiot!"

Well, finally, all the cards came together this year. Got the driveway paved and the hoop installed and now I play all the time.

Hell, I was out there the other day and it was 22F and windy and miserable, and I made 6 out of 10 free throws. Sank some 3's. Some sweet left handed layups.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Prof. Crocodile posted:

It’s a condiments tier list, not a brand tier list and I’m objectively correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i grew up on an awesome dead end street with a bunch of other kids and we played a ton of back yard football, chase, basketball etc. in the winter there’d be five or six of us shoveling the driveway so we could keep playing all winter