Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's still mindblowing the turn-around the Texans have had this season. Having a potentially elite rookie QB, a stellar overall draft, and a great coach solves a lot of problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yeah this was a crazy draft for the Texans. I didn't think they'd ever beat the 2006 draft they had (Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Owen Daniels all multiyear starters and (except for Winston) pro bowlers) but getting a stud QB puts it way over the top

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sad to see Leonard go but he's probably done as far as being an impact player. The injuries just kept adding up.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

Yeah this was a crazy draft for the Texans. I didn't think they'd ever beat the 2006 draft they had (Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Owen Daniels all multiyear starters and (except for Winston) pro bowlers) but getting a stud QB puts it way over the top

I think we need to take back some of the insults we hurled at Nick Caserio.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickStormHTX/status/1726981568042881396

The Texans most definitely won that trade considering Arizona is probably getting a late teens/early 20s pick out of it (unless whoever they draft turns out to be a stud obviously)

But to be fair, it's Paris Johnson, Jr and then the pick next year vs Anderson. Probably still a win due to positional value in impact.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jim irsay rules lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

While it's dumb for Irsay to say the police are prejudiced against white billionaires, he does ultimately come down on the ACAB side with that statement so I can't hold it against him too much

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

I mean he still looks like a homonculus and him being on the sideline on gamedays was extremely weird

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

I mean he still looks like a homonculus and him being on the sideline on gamedays was extremely weird

I said SOME.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok so I've been watching Yellowstone and I recognized Jamie as the plastic bag kid from American Beauty, but something else about the way he looks kept bugging me and I just realized what it was

He looks like loving young Nick Caserio

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
So Vrabel says Jaeyln Duncan is starting at LT. I assume that means Radunz is gonna play RT?

For the Colts, it looks like Ryan Kelly is out again, I wonder if this is it for him. He's had multiple concussions this year, and this one is going to be multiple weeks. I know he had concussions last year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yeah, looking like Radunz is RT. Probably the best OL configuration we have with Hubbard out, mainly because it doesn't involve Dillard starting.

OL is still probably gonna be rear end but at least they're trying different things.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Edward Mass posted:

Gotta give Crazy Eyes his props, while I haven’t been much of a fan of how he operated in ‘21 and ‘22, his gambles have come through big time this year.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titan up and Big Jeff!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Big. Jeff.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jags and Texans playing for first place in the division and their bozo fans can’t even be bothered to post. Shameful

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Texans fans response to all those Jags throne room memes right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb94ktFr3co

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jeffe

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Jags and Texans playing for first place in the division and their bozo fans can’t even be bothered to post. Shameful

I’m there

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Refs are screwing Houston so much lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Metapod posted:

It’s INFURIATING

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Warren Sharpe tweeted before the game that the Texans are 2nd most DPIs in the league, Jax gets the most calls against them on offense, and this officiating crew calls DPI at a higher than average rate. It was a recipe for disaster.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Too busy shouting at the refs

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Wrong thread lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
i appear to have jinxed it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Incredible end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jags are lucky the refs gave them like 10 chances to get a TD earlier

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pfft Houston is getting all this hype meanwhile the Colts are actually ahead of them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Demeco asking a practice squad kicker to make a 58 yarder in that situation is coaching malpractice

I'd be more upset if I believed the Texans were positioned to actually contend but it's still a bummer either way

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Pfft Houston is getting all this hype meanwhile the Colts are actually ahead of them

I'm ok with it. I don't know how much more Minshew I can take.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Demeco asking a practice squad kicker to make a 58 yarder in that situation is coaching malpractice

I'd be more upset if I believed the Texans were positioned to actually contend but it's still a bummer either way

Eh. He hit the crossbar. 3rd down was a crusher. All that time running around, and they didn't get any yardage. If they just pick up like 4 or 5 there, they are set up for success. At 4th and 12, I think you're probably about even on making it vs that kick.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Texans probably need another year to strengthen their defense to be a top contender. but I think they could make some noise in the playoffs. Other than the occasional dumb rookie mistake Stroud looks like one of the most unstoppable QBs in the league.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hope that last week and this week finally put the idea of Dillon Radunz Just Needs A Shot out of people’s heads

Happy for Jaelyn Duncan and denico tho

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Intruder posted:

Maybe if it hit the goal line but he was like six inches short on a 58 yarder—it’d be a confidence builder more than anything else

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

I'm ok with it. I don't know how much more Minshew I can take.

You take the good Minshew with the bad Minshew.

Just makes me excited for Richardson next year. Hoping he stays healthy, this team should have an amazing offense if so.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A win is a win

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pontius Pilate posted:

Maybe if it hit the goal line but he was like six inches short on a 58 yarder—it’d be a confidence builder more than anything else

That's hindsight though. His career long was 48, he's on the practice squad for a reason. That would have been a monster career booster for sure, agreed. It was dead center too, absolute heartbreaker for him

EvilBeard posted:

Eh. He hit the crossbar. 3rd down was a crusher. All that time running around, and they didn't get any yardage. If they just pick up like 4 or 5 there, they are set up for success. At 4th and 12, I think you're probably about even on making it vs that kick.

They pick up 4 or 5 there and they probably go for it I think

Both sacks on the final drive were brutally bad by the O-line which I finally praised not long ago so maybe I need to reverse jinx them some more. Stroud had nowhere to go, nowhere to dump it to, probably less than a second after the snap before he's being tackled

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans remain undefeated in Nashville 😤

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean let’s have perspective here - the Texans were supposed to be a bottom 3 team and are 6-5.

This season is a massive success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

I mean let’s have perspective here - the Texans were supposed to be a bottom 3 team and are 6-5.

This season is a massive success.

and literally if we lose out we still have our franchise QB + a stud WR and DL which means we can spend money on other spots to shore up o-line/defense. We are set up nicely