Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mawarannahr posted:

it's not plant based? 😩😩😩😩😩

It is from the cow's point of view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

last time they tried to get everyone back to the office they hired a couple of pseudoscientist hucksters to give us an hour long presentation on this kind of poo poo

we need to mindmeld and run our fingers over our coworkers to unlock maximum productivity. can't do that on teams.

pin to op please this is gold

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

mawarannahr posted:

it's not plant based? 😩😩😩😩😩
The flavors I looked up are not plant based, they're mostly made of cassein and whey(dairy protein).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

last time they tried to get everyone back to the office they hired a couple of pseudoscientist hucksters to give us an hour long presentation on this kind of poo poo

we need to mindmeld and run our fingers over our coworkers to unlock maximum productivity. can't do that on teams.

:eyepop:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
All the RTO stuff is such laughably blatant bullshit that I'm beginning to think they'd have more success just literally cracking a whip.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Paradoxish posted:

Is there loving anyone who is a non-managerial employee who actually wants this poo poo? I'm not even talking about the awful rear end color scheme for tweens, I mean literally sitting shoulder to shoulder with coworkers at tables that would be embarrassingly small for a coffee shop.

The last regular in-person office job I had was great because everyone had their own offices and you literally never had to deal with common spaces unless you wanted to be in one. I still wouldn't go back, but the actual environment was fine. I look at this picture and being forced to spend 8 hours of every weekday there seems like some kind of insane psychological torture.

making your employees rush in to work early to get a decent seat is some legitimate psychopath poo poo

it's a workplace panopticon. You have no privacy so people can always tell if you're slacking off.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

i would simply close my eyes, so that the panopticon couldn’t see me

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The flavors I looked up are not plant based, they're mostly made of cassein and whey(dairy protein).

apparently their whole thing is not being plant based
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexan...sh=78d15a94231e

quote:

By working with mega influencers and paying for splashy podcast sponsorships, Magic Spoon has convinced people to spend $40 for cereal from the internet.

After attending a panel about turning insects into sustainable protein, Brown University students Gabi Lewis and Greg Sewitz became obsessed with crickets. They spent time between philosophy and English classes farming and crushing crickets into protein powder to pour over shakes and bake into bars. Shortly after graduating, the two turned their passion into full-time jobs, launching cricket protein company Exo in the spring of 2013. In early 2014, they partnered with Michelin star chef Kyle Connaughton to concoct blueberry vanilla and cocoa nut cricket protein bars.

“You would’ve never known there were crickets in there unless I told you,” says Lewis, now 31, who originally hails from Scotland. They went on to raise $1.6 million from Wild Ventures, Collaborative Funds, among others, and sell their bars in Equinox and other health-forward retailers, landing on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2016.

After running the business for five years, they sold it for an undisclosed sum to consumable insect giant Aspire Food Group in March 2018. After bringing a new protein to the masses, they wanted to shake up a breakfast staple: cereal. After six months of research and testing, they approached investors with Magic Spoon: a grain-free, keto-friendly breakfast cereal with zero-to-two grams of sugar and 13-plus grams of protein. And unlike every other breakfast cereal, Sewitz and Lewis insisted they would sell Magic Spoon direct-to-consumer.

quote:

There's so many iconic cereal brands, but they're the same ones that everyone has known for literally 30 to 40 years," says Magic Spoon CEO and cofounder Greg Sewitz (R). "For that reason, there's a big opportunity to set ourselves apart."

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

These crappy cereals are in Target near me eating up aisle space while the seasonal target brand caramel apple granola I waited all year for got stocked for less than a week. One of their cereals was zombie themed iirc.

There is also Snoop cereal new recently

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i think if i was trying to break into the cereal market i'd instead go the direction of futurama bachelor chow

cheap, enough nutrition to avoid scurvy, can eat it for every meal

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Halser posted:

it's a workplace panopticon. You have no privacy so people can always tell if you're slacking off.

Pretty sure this is absolutely ideal for the people who just chat all day

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure this is absolutely ideal for the people who just chat all day

in my experience it tends to work pretty well as long as your boss/supervisor is also sitting in one of the tables.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

visual representation of IBS

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

Is there loving anyone who is a non-managerial employee who actually wants this poo poo? I'm not even talking about the awful rear end color scheme for tweens, I mean literally sitting shoulder to shoulder with coworkers at tables that would be embarrassingly small for a coffee shop.

The last regular in-person office job I had was great because everyone had their own offices and you literally never had to deal with common spaces unless you wanted to be in one. I still wouldn't go back, but the actual environment was fine. I look at this picture and being forced to spend 8 hours of every weekday there seems like some kind of insane psychological torture.

Back in the olden days my group would do pair coding usually by having one person sit at their desk and another watch over their shoulder, or both on laptops basically as shown there. It took covid to make us realize that either of those setups is strictly worse than both people just sitting at their own desks with multiple monitors and a screen share.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

blatman posted:

i think if i was trying to break into the cereal market i'd instead go the direction of futurama bachelor chow

cheap, enough nutrition to avoid scurvy, can eat it for every meal

Now with flavor!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Tars Tarkas posted:

These crappy cereals are in Target near me eating up aisle space while the seasonal target brand caramel apple granola I waited all year for got stocked for less than a week. One of their cereals was zombie themed iirc.

There is also Snoop cereal new recently

Same. My local Target actually has no house-brand cereals anymore; it's all brands including Magic Spoon

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Every fiber of my being hates this Corporate Memphis rear end bullshit.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Further lol:

They advertise "No cane sugar, corn syrup, or sugar alcohols" instead using monk fruit syrup and allulose, though AFAICT allulose is functionally similar to erythritol but even less well-tested.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Further lol:

They advertise "No cane sugar, corn syrup, or sugar alcohols" instead using monk fruit syrup and allulose, though AFAICT allulose is functionally similar to erythritol but even less well-tested.

get on stevia, magic spoon

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Canned Sunshine posted:

Same. My local Target actually has no house-brand cereals anymore; it's all brands including Magic Spoon

did they get rid of Archer Farms cereal? that was target's house-brand although i dont remember them having much. anyways cereal is overpriced junk, just eat oatmeal like an adult. it was one thing when you could get a 32oz family size box of crispix for $2 in the 2000s, it's another now that it's shrunk to like 14 oz and costs $9

e: speaking of shrinkflation, apparently this is now the size of a Digorno? lmao if true

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Nov 27, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Xaris posted:

anyways cereal is overpriced junk, just eat grits like an adult.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

mawarannahr posted:

apparently their whole thing is not being plant based
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexan...sh=78d15a94231e

america needs its $40 ground up cricket slop

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

what I’m seeing at qfc and Safeway is that the stores where I am are not carrying generics for things like potatoe chips and some cereals, etc. stores nearby are.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Further lol:

This poo poo makes me crazy. I've got a long history of gastro problems and have had surgical correction on my esophagus and a few things that absolutely ~ loving destroy me ~ inulin (a new fun common fiber filler) and allulose. And after talking to my gastro - its not uncommon for her patients to experience the same. Like my stomach just goes "oh gently caress jesus christ what is this, evacuate out the rear end"

I've lost 20lbs this year and its only getting harder to find foods that dont trigger problems beyond baking my own breads, rices, oats etc.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 07:23 on Nov 27, 2023

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I switched to steel cut oats for breakfast this year. I buy it in bulk bags.

I make a big batch in my pressure cooker once a week and microwave portions as needed. It's more filling than boxed cereal, better for your teeth, cheaper, a good source of fiber, and just leaves me feeling better. If I want it more flavorful I add vanilla, pieces of fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I eat a single slice of toast and half an apple.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Xaris posted:

did they get rid of Archer Farms cereal? that was target's house-brand although i dont remember them having much. anyways cereal is overpriced junk, just eat oatmeal like an adult. it was one thing when you could get a 32oz family size box of crispix for $2 in the 2000s, it's another now that it's shrunk to like 14 oz and costs $9

Quaker had been the same price as the Target brand the past few times I've gotten it, add some frozen fruit and cinnamon and it's cheap and healthy meal.

$9 is accurate, I get seasonal cereal occasionally for fun and am skipping now because I just can justify it anymore. Sorry Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch, I shall never taste you (unless you are on clearance December 26th...)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

in awe at the absolute power of the almighty consumer

cnn posted:

If you think prices will go down in the future, you may delay making a lot of purchases today. When many people start to think that way, people spend a lot less money. That causes employers to lay off workers and can put an economy into a recession.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mawarannahr posted:

in awe at the absolute power of the almighty consumer

Love the scare-mongering about Japan's lost decade.

quote:

Japan infamously had a period dubbed “the lost decade” from 1991 to 2001, when its economy continued to shrink as it experienced deflation. It took subsequent decades of stimulative measures to reintroduce inflation to help grow the economy.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Back in the olden days my group would do pair coding usually by having one person sit at their desk and another watch over their shoulder, or both on laptops basically as shown there. It took covid to make us realize that either of those setups is strictly worse than both people just sitting at their own desks with multiple monitors and a screen share.

I brought in my own director to this company and I still have to make sure all our paired work is done in my workspace cause she insisted on doing paired programming off a loving laptop screen

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Oh boy. NEOM is a hoot. Enjoy looking at the promo material and thinking of all the ways it doesn’t make any sense.

Seriously if you read this thread and haven’t looked at NEOM’s website, you are missing out. It’s a bunch of idea guys pitching Dubai 2, a fully sustainable theme park city of tomorrow geared exclusively toward services for the futuristically wealthy. My favorite section is The Line, which is like Long Kowloon But Actually Really Nice, just a big loving box full of city arranged in a straight line.

quote:

A cognitive city stretching across 170 kilometers, from the epic mountains of NEOM across inspirational desert valleys to the beautiful Red Sea. A mirrored architectural masterpiece towering 500 meters above sea level, but a land-saving 200 meters wide. THE LINE redefines the concept of urban development and what cities of the future will look like. A civilizational revolution, its unparalleled livability can be explored at THE LINE Exhibition – now welcoming visitors in Riyadh.

You can invest today at https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/theline

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Xaris posted:

subjugating an entire generation of kids to the whims of coked up+qualudes-brained Gen X-ers clockwork orange-style was certainly an interesting science experiment.

certainly explains a lot about millennials now that i think about it

Article: millennials aren’t buying enough huge stupid poo poo, says salesman

My millennial consumer brain in lossless quality: “MR SENSIBLE! MR SENSIBLE!”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Real Mean Queen posted:

Seriously if you read this thread and haven’t looked at NEOM’s website, you are missing out. It’s a bunch of idea guys pitching Dubai 2, a fully sustainable theme park city of tomorrow geared exclusively toward services for the futuristically wealthy. My favorite section is The Line, which is like Long Kowloon But Actually Really Nice, just a big loving box full of city arranged in a straight line.

You can invest today at https://www.neom.com/en-us/regions/theline

Isn't that based on one wackjob dude's idea of the utopian City Of The Future where everyone drops their laundry into the same chutes

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Magic Spoon moved into its new offices this year. The space was designed with social media aesthetics.

When Ms. Bourlakas photographed Magic Spoon’s new SoHo space, her Instagram followers seemed dazzled.

“So many people commented, like ‘Oh my gosh, it’s so sick,’” said Ms. Bourlakas, who recently left Magic Spoon for another job. “‘It’s so Magic Spoon coded.’”
hmm

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Mola Yam posted:

you can't do it on Teams because Teams kind of doesn't loving work

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I switched to steel cut oats for breakfast this year. I buy it in bulk bags.

I make a big batch in my pressure cooker once a week and microwave portions as needed. It's more filling than boxed cereal, better for your teeth, cheaper, a good source of fiber, and just leaves me feeling better. If I want it more flavorful I add vanilla, pieces of fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.

Yeah I used to have cereal all the time but after switching to oats I've never looked back for that reason. Only real downside is the tiny amount of work to meal prep for the week but that's whatever compared to all the other benefits.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Further lol:

The American palate is so used to sugar that they have to get up to some wild poo poo to replace it without affecting the sweetness.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Foot track in stores up about 2-4%

Content creation
https://twitter.com/musamanzz/status/1728755318191186165?t=30m_7-sdhAmI2netMpmKrQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Content creation

shovel selling will always be a good business model as long as you know when to get in and out