Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pritzker killed the sales tax on food for a year in illinois bc it was an election year but tbh it barely made a dent in my grocery bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Observe, the AI-powered parasite rapidly spreading his infestation slop throughout the entire Internet and rendering search engines useless.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Observe, the AI-powered parasite rapidly spreading his infestation slop throughout the entire Internet and rendering search engines useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCzitO446ZY

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

good. the sooner the internet become entirely useless, the better. accelerationism ftw

just gotta wait for the Reddit ipo to nuke the site and then we’re off to the races (cliff)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Turnquiet posted:

these dudes approached me with a job offer that would require me to live in the UAE. they promised multiple business class flights back, private schooling for my children, etc- all to work on an obvious scam. starting to think I was the sucker since they don’t actually DO anything near as I can tell.

hey is this opening this available

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Twerk from Home posted:

Id settle for not paying sales tax on groceries.

in commiefornia most food isn’t taxed at least. still absurd prices

tho it’s still dumb that restaurant or on-premise food consumption is taxed

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This is fine, actually, because prices are rising slower now :downs:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

90s Solo Cup posted:

Every fiber of my being hates this Corporate Memphis rear end bullshit.

I'm wondering when this is going to loving die

It's so boring and ugly gently caress

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hey is this opening this available

why do you want to live in the UAE?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm wondering when this is going to loving die

It's so boring and ugly gently caress

Wow racist and problematic much? Be better.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

e: Truth be told, I purposefully haven't opened Steam because they're running some really tempting offers right now.

Steam functions much closer to a consumer drug than any kind of actual method of playing and enjoying things.

Somewhere, locked in a vault with 24/7 armed guards and state of the art security systems, Gabe has The Number: the ratio of how long a consumer plays games on Steam vs how much they spend for useless bits on their hard drive they'll never use.

That number has to be incredible, like $20 per minute of game time. There's a lot of things to hate about Capitalism but the thing I detest the most is services that activate the Useless Collector part of our brains.

Trading cards. Steam library. Imo it should be illegal but I don't know how that would be enforced :shrug:

It's the one number Steam will never, ever admit because it's so plainly damning of the model itself. You probably get fired for even mentioning that number at Valve because it's that disgusting.

Taima has issued a correction as of 17:42 on Nov 27, 2023

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wow publishing Trump-aganda!!!!

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
this is why anarchists are jokes, they have no answer to the central Steam Dilemma. A strong central party is needed to verify that you have played at least four hours of every game you purchase before you're allowed to buy another.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Taima posted:

Steam functions much closer to a consumer drug than any kind of actual method of playing and enjoying things.

Somewhere, Gabe has The Number: the ratio of how long a consumer plays games on Steam vs how much they spend for useless bits on their hard drive they'll never use.

That number has to be incredible, like $20 per minute of game time. There's a lot of things to hate about Capitalism but the thing I detest the most is services that activate the Useless Collector part of our brains.

Trading cards. Steam library. Imo it should be illegal but I don't know how that would be enforced :shrug:

It's the one number Steam will never, ever admit because it's so plainly damning of the model itself. You probably get fired for even mentioning that number at Valve because it's that disgusting.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Skyl3lazer posted:

Looks down at shopping cart of 5 boxes of expired food, thank you biden this wont be that much more expensive next month

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Steam should be nationalized and turned into a public library, people check out a game, then return it, they can check out a new one after they've returned the one they borrowed.

Or you could just live in an area with a public library that lets you borrow video games.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

SKULL.GIF posted:

dead internet is real. brain will quickly become mush trying to interact and navigate it all

governments already using bots to push propaganda and war

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wow racist and problematic much? Be better.

I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon because it's apparently really easy to design and recombinate the constituent parts into new corporate artwork for whatever they need relatively quickly

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AI is good :downsa:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Regarde Aduck posted:

why do you want to live in the UAE?

cant be any worse than here and I could probably save up some money

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Taima posted:

video games should be considered a type of narcotic or gambling or both

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
I drink a lot less soda and eat less candy now that it’s 4 bucks for 2liters and like 6 bucks for a bag of family size m&ms. thanks Biden I guess?

I bought a Roku for cyber Monday, I’m doing my part! by moving back to plex because of how fractured streaming is

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

video games, as something that can be copied endlessly with no degradation, should be free or dirt cheap

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Idk it’s probably worse to eat whatever heavily processed and crafted cereal magic spoon is than a bowl of frosted wheat thins.

But cereal is terrible general and you shouldn’t eat it (someone will say this is ableist probably)

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

roffles posted:

I drink a lot less soda and eat less candy now that it’s 4 bucks for 2liters and like 6 bucks for a bag of family size m&ms. thanks Biden I guess?

I bought a Roku for cyber Monday, I’m doing my part! by moving back to plex because of how fractured streaming is

Roku can connect to Plex?

Tectonic
Feb 21, 2007

tec

daslog posted:

Yup, that’s how I watch from my Plex server.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Tectonic posted:

Yup, that’s how I watch from my Plex server.

Thanks. I have some googling to do tonight.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

daslog posted:

yes but also most tvs including LG and TCL and stuff can run native Plex app too. I personally would just get a fire stick since they’re dirt cheap if I had to use an external tv dongle to use Plex but there’s a zillion ways to do it. pretty much any and every device has a Plex app

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

video games, as something that can be copied endlessly with no degradation, should be free or dirt cheap

u wan gently caress posted:

Unrelated... I just discovered Internet Archive has a CLI tool that makes downloading collections of sundry data you may want to put on a NAS really convenient. Lovely

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Xaris posted:

yes but also most tvs including LG and TCL and stuff can run native Plex app too. I personally would just get a fire stick since they’re dirt cheap if I had to use an external tv dongle to use Plex but there’s a zillion ways to do it. pretty much any and every device has a Plex app

Yeah my TV is old as hell I guess cause the plex app cant play a lot of stuff without crazy buffering/stuttering. All my friends who use the same plex server have the roku streaming stick so I just went with that. Figured can't go wrong for $30 and I was able to just pick it up from bestbuy. It's another remote to have to deal with but at least theres a mobile remote app which is nice.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's true, Marx agrees

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Nationalize Steam

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Found this zinger while reading about minimum milk pricing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lmao that webrings are sooner or later gonna come roaring back as search gets completely polluted by hallucinated SEO optimizations

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

its time for manually curated indexes to return.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Not a Children posted:

lmao that webrings are sooner or later gonna come roaring back as search gets completely polluted by hallucinated SEO optimizations

drat, beaten..

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Further lol:

They advertise "No cane sugar, corn syrup, or sugar alcohols" instead using monk fruit syrup and allulose, though AFAICT allulose is functionally similar to erythritol but even less well-tested.

Monk fruit syrup and allulose are big NOs to me, since it makes my IBS flare up like crazy.

Xaris posted:

did they get rid of Archer Farms cereal? that was target's house-brand although i dont remember them having much. anyways cereal is overpriced junk, just eat oatmeal like an adult. it was one thing when you could get a 32oz family size box of crispix for $2 in the 2000s, it's another now that it's shrunk to like 14 oz and costs $9

e: speaking of shrinkflation, apparently this is now the size of a Digorno? lmao if true

Yeah, my local Target has no Archer Farms boxed cereal anymore. The cereal aisle used to have one side as boxed cereals, and the other side had oatmeal, granola, plus other poo poo. They condensed all the cereals, oatmeal’s, granola, etc., into a single side by eliminating all their house brand poo poo pretty much.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

All-items inflation was 19% and wages have increased 20% (data from article for the same time period).

So yes, inflation sucks, and certainly some people are hit harder by it than others. But, overall, wages rose more than inflation.