Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Well, let's see how this goes (Being the Dark Order Ep. 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQPKWZ61Fw

A couple minutes in: "We're already running dry..." :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
episode was okay, Colt/Cutler segment was the highlight for me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hobbs

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i hate the dark orders new logo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

i hate the dark order

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

KungFu Grip posted:

i love the dark order

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Evil "Poopy Little Slut" Uno

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

KungFu Grip posted:

i hate the Dork Odor

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BTDO should try to get sponsored by 8bitdo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

BTDO should try to get sponsored by 8bitdo

Silver Effect joysticks

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to be honest, as I always am - Colt is a very unfunny person to me. #Brave

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mooseontheloose posted:

I might be the only who wants to rankings to come back. It allowed for more out of the box match ups, built up people to be threats, and makes sure people are focusing on grabbing the title. I think the main problem of the MJF run is that for a guy whose suppose to be getting it from every angle, they stove piped one challenger at a time.

I am down for the rankings to come back so long as we don’t wind up seeing the bullshit where someone who never has wrestled on dynamite has racked up like 40 wins on dark and now totally is on a hot streak to take on the champ or champs

Without dark it will be harder but still, that was a decent idea precisely once, and just led to poo poo like scorpio sky being a title contender despite not being on tv in a solid year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Boys powerless to enter the men's room, shooed away like birds. :allears:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rankings sucked because people discoursed them to death even more than fans of actual sports that use rankings do.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

I'm going to be honest, as I always am - Colt is a very unfunny person to me. #Brave

his match with Jericho was very funny

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

Him asking for a Jungle Boy figure made me chuckle

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rankings were great because it was a way to attempt to keep them honest about matchmaking. Yes it's fake and yes "It's Just Wrestling" but I don't see AR Fox getting 7 random title matches if they were still around. And they helped with good out-of-ring storytelling like the Farmer losing to Brian Cage and having to bulldoze some fuckers to get back in the mix.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I am down for the rankings to come back so long as we don’t wind up seeing the bullshit where someone who never has wrestled on dynamite has racked up like 40 wins on dark and now totally is on a hot streak to take on the champ or champs

Without dark it will be harder but still, that was a decent idea precisely once, and just led to poo poo like scorpio sky being a title contender despite not being on tv in a solid year

You say this like that was the reason TK kept trying to push Scorpio Sky

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
rankings would probably have kept Yuta from being 1-19 in singles matches this year

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

Bad Rampage and a meh Collision but that was probably the best Righteous match I've seen (thank u FTR), and Big Bill's promo was excellent.

Of all the people I’d heard of before they debuted and have been given significant screen time, Big Bill was easily the one I was lost ambivalent about, but he’s really good! Definitely worthy of a decent singles push at some point.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if they actually knew how to use the rankings consistently for booking reasons instead of using them conveniently and counting Dark wins and losses whenever they felt like it people would have had too many issues with it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

if they actually knew how to use the rankings consistently for booking reasons instead of using them conveniently and counting Dark wins and losses whenever they felt like it people would have had too many issues with it

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rankings were good and it was very stupid to get rid of them the first time they hosed up and booked themselves into a corner. Get better at the tool, don't throw it out

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I just want people to stop watching TVs backstage at weird angles :sigh:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

Rankings were great because it was a way to attempt to keep them honest about matchmaking. Yes it's fake and yes "It's Just Wrestling" but I don't see AR Fox getting 7 random title matches if they were still around. And they helped with good out-of-ring storytelling like the Farmer losing to Brian Cage and having to bulldoze some fuckers to get back in the mix.

100 percent true the rankings were great

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

I just want people to stop watching TVs backstage at weird angles :sigh:

this is my actual only complaint with aew, its supposed to be logical but every one out here watching tv like a fool!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

KungFu Grip posted:

Well now that there's no Dark they should be perfect!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

yea ok posted:

Entirely true. It also led to fun title matches that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

:agreed:

The Punk stuff looks bad for AEW, but regardless of my feelings on the guy I think both companies are probably okay with things currently. AEW's door for Punk is firmly closed and nailed shut, WWE gets to kick the tires on a nostalgia act and totes rub it in TK's face.

I fail to see how a dude who wanted to and tried to take a swing at the company's owner no longer being in AEW is bad for AEW. Punk went back to the place he can be his most toxic, and it's normal because that's obviously what he wants not really what he needs to be a better person.

I just don't get how all this stuff about WWE can now dunk on AEW with Punk back being a nostalgia act. We already got that poo poo in the Dog Collar Match with his ROH entrance, the Warrior face paint with Darby and Sting, the decent match Joe carried Punk to in Wembley. All that's left is busted titties, busted ankles, and muffins and his overt awareness that anything else setting him off will make him even more of a laughing stock in the pro wrestling world.

He won't get into a Strong Style Match with Nak, he won't get into a barn burner with Balor, Seth will literally carry him to a good match, Cody will be serviceable, Randy won't give a poo poo because he's halfway out the door to retirement anyway, the match he eventually has with Roman, IF he makes it to Mania for it's payday, will be middling at best and then he'll get fed to Solo.

Promos against Heyman are at best a eyebrow raising interesting situation.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The best thing about the rankings was when someone random would end up top of the list and you’d end up with stuff like Dante Martin v Hangman having a banger for the world title to open Dynamite.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You say this like that was the reason TK kept trying to push Scorpio Sky

Not the reason, but certainly the easy and lazy booking trick he used to try to make us care about him

Ed:

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well now that there's no Dark they should be perfect!

This is rampage baby

Adrenaline pumpin in my chest

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly AEW just does way too much WWE poo poo now and some of it I can stomach cause the wrestling is good but that's pretty much all it has now and it honestly just makes me depressed watching it at this point cause it feels like it's in a death spiral and if it does go away that's basically me done watching wrestling ever again.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

blunt posted:

My 5 point plan to fix AEW:

* No more MJF title reign

* No more hidden cameras

* No more ROH acknowledgement or wrestlers or titles on AEW TV

* No more waiting until >24hrs before shows to announce matches

* No more titles

* “No more BS” Paul Wight

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

haunted bong posted:

Scars left on these hands

Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

History Comes Inside! posted:

Maybe they’re gonna lean in on being serious mean heels so they don’t wanna do the weekly comedy vlogging

its this

IcePhoenix posted:

Sammy took a break, started again, and then stopped when he got hurt. I assume it will start up again when he can travel regularly.

isnt tay any-day-now as well

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
My ideas to improve AEW:

1.) Get the belt off MJF at World's End. I liked the run, but it reached the end and nowhere to go. Have the Devil cost the title and shift to a violent feud between MJF and Jack Perry or whoever it is. It can be fun to watch, but it doesn't need the title.

2.) Swerve is the champ. He is it. He is hot as gently caress now and needs the belt to keep the momentum. I wouldn't put him in the title match at World's end as he is preoccupied with the C2. Either Joe wins or Jay White gets booted from the C2 to shift to a triple threat and he wins. Jay or Joe has the title for a bit, but drops it at Revolution or at most Double or Nothing.

3.) Ease on the tournaments. Just make the Owen Hart Cup be a Spring thing and C2 be a late fall thing. No more.

4.) More women's stuff. Two matches minimum on Dynamite/Collision and 1-2 segments.

5.) Fire Kevin Kelly. He sucks. Pay Ian Riccaboni what he wants. If he won't budge, use an AI generated commentator named AI-n Riccaboni.

6. ) Show Hole.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 27, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kalensc posted:

Only submitted Form 1, need to submit this form still: https://forms.gle/AkjnxVt5y9yZkn1f6

[list]
[*] graph
Folks missing Form 2 have until Collision's Blue League matches kicks off, so don't delay!

can i still submit mine with asterisks (i caught up on collision last night after i got home, was too kronked on pizza and beer saturday night) :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Honestly AEW just does way too much WWE poo poo now and some of it I can stomach cause the wrestling is good but that's pretty much all it has now and it honestly just makes me depressed watching it at this point cause it feels like it's in a death spiral and if it does go away that's basically me done watching wrestling ever again.

I don't think AEW is in anything close to a death spiral, but if it dies I'll just end up watching New Japan, Stardom, and whatever is on IWTV every week. That was my rotation pre-AEW, but I fell off all of it over the years – not all because of AEW, but having easy-to-access and great wrestling every week definitely helped.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waffleopolis posted:

6. Show Hole.

I gotchu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

haunted bong posted:

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL