Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ohtori Akio posted:

that coffee maker facts: its made it impossible to get google results for mizudashi, the way i make soup broth

mizudashi is japanese for dashi water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Al! posted:

mizudashi is japanese for dashi water

it means cold brewing dashi, the only good way to cold brew something

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
what is the appeal of cold brew? I found it vile. coffee should be piping hot with steam visibly rising from a nice ceramic mug like twin peaks

not loving cold

I guess if you have an esophagus issue where you cant have hot things fine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

covfefe

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dudes in the horn ened to stop fighting, coffee prices have gone up -_-

brazil got owned by frost last season and green prices jumped from 25 to 50 cents a pound coffee prices are never going back down

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

wyat is the point of all those latin american death squads if i have to pay a dollar more for a bag of coffee

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wyat is the point of all those latin american death squads if i have to pay a dollar more for a bag of coffee

the jakarta method of brewing coffee is my favorite method

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

buying a 5 lb bag of espresso

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Lpzie posted:

buying a 5 lb bag of espresso

i literally do this every over month. the coffee shop i get it from in chicago that picks and roasts their own beans started shipping their 5lb bags to anyone during COVID and its about a 40% discount. i vacseal it into a bunch of 12oz portions and it stays more than fresh enough by the time i open the last bag (yes they ship out beans that have been rested for two weeks already so i don't have to worry about outgassing)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cspam posters gently caress their chemex and cum in it

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

what is the appeal of cold brew? I found it vile. coffee should be piping hot with steam visibly rising from a nice ceramic mug like twin peaks

not loving cold

Nobody knows. Nice hot cup of coffee is always ideal whether it's a snowy winter morning or a 30+ day in summer. Cold coffee.... insanely fail

eSports Chaebol posted:

whoever thinks theyve made the least practical coffee, i have you topped

(i actually dont use the vacpot for coffee usually, i drink espresso)

Woah it's Gale from Breaking Bad

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Xaris posted:

not loving cold

its how i use up coffee that sat around too long to bother brewing for espresso. always winds up tasting more or less the same with cold brew. no idea why youd get any fancier with it than steeping it overnight

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Nobody knows. Nice hot cup of coffee is always ideal whether it's a snowy winter morning or a 30+ day in summer. Cold coffee.... insanely fail

Woah it's Gale from Breaking Bad

gale would never use a denatured alcohol burner; he'd use an adjustable butane burner

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

can we please talk about how freshly grounded coffee smells like a just open can of dog food and fresh coffee smells like dog poo poo?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lpzie posted:

can we please talk about how freshly grounded coffee smells like a just open can of dog food and fresh coffee smells like dog poo poo?

die

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Lpzie posted:

you should speak to a neurologist about that. we can't help you.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

"ironic" trump thread posting is indistinguishable from authentic trump thread posting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

covfefe

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lpzie posted:

:pwn:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Zodium posted:

you should speak to a neurologist about that. we can't help you.

yeah I think some wires got crossed when we first got luna and every morning for a few months I woke up to the smell of poo poo and coffee. and it's not all the time, but when I catch a faint whiff of coffee in the mornings i have a quick flashback. wife thinks im crazy when I bring it up. I dunno. it's funny to me.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

When I traveled to Costa Rica they showed me methods of brewing coffee with women's stockings

It was good covgeg

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
stfu

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
any thoughts on coffee enemas? bougie or based?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i drink the whole french press its essentially an enema within 45 mins

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Real hurthling! posted:

if i drink the whole french press its essentially an enema within 45 mins
man you got some good rear end motility. doesn't for me, i wish it did

or skill issue

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

fed my cat 2lbs of folgers mardi gras blend to try the poop coffee

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
stupid question:

my friend told me that some coffee brands outsource their stuff to other coffee companies then slap their label on it. I know booze does this too (bottled in vs. distilled in). whats the point of this? why not just invest in making coffee or booze better than whoever youre paying to make coffee for you. I get it from the side of the manufacturer: you got the means of production might as well get paid from multiple brands but what do the brands get out of it. something like coffee roasting or distilling booze can be done for cheap in someones backyard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

building a rube goldberg machine to extract caffeine from child slaves ftw

lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Les Os posted:

stupid question:

my friend told me that some coffee brands outsource their stuff to other coffee companies then slap their label on it. I know booze does this too (bottled in vs. distilled in). whats the point of this? why not just invest in making coffee or booze better than whoever youre paying to make coffee for you. I get it from the side of the manufacturer: you got the means of production might as well get paid from multiple brands but what do the brands get out of it. something like coffee roasting or distilling booze can be done for cheap in someones backyard

here's an easy example: my local upmarket grocery store wants to sell a store brand done to their specs, but they don't want to get in the roasting business. they farm that out to a local roaster (i'm in seattle so there are a million), put their packaging on it, everyone is happy. or, a huge chain like starbucks will outsource to many roasters with an inherently consistent recipe so they can supply a huge set of stores.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Les Os posted:

stupid question:

the brand adds more value than the production. why waste time and money on something as irrelevant as making the product? what next, you're going to suggest that Nike make shoes?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
like I get that you use slave labor but dont lie to me about who you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
havin a cuppa nightcoffee rn