Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yakuza 0 is the only game i have played in like five years ive really loved, about to work through the entire series on my steam deck. hopefully it gives me back my childlike wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost Dog posted:

yakuza 0 is the only game i have played in like five years ive really loved, about to work through the entire series on my steam deck. hopefully it gives me back my childlike wonder

I have that and have heard good things. I should give it a go some time

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Steam deck ftmfw.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think I have all the Yakuzas on steam and haven't touched them

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just started playing Tactics Ogre Reborn on steam deck

it's fun

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think I have all the Yakuzas on steam and haven't touched them

i havent gotten to the others yet, im doing some random completionist stuff in zero still but yakuza 0 is like a perfect game. cant recommend it enough

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jivesauce posted:

Is MGSV really as good as the reviews? I've always intended to play it and have just never gotten around to it.

I think the actual story is whatever, but as an open world game about being a super soldier in Afganistan, it's pretty drat great.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I felt like I couldn’t get into a game anymore but then I started playing Hunt Showdown and a year later I had like 1000 hours on it. The haunted bayou setting is an apt metaphor for something. Being a bengals fan?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

i havent gotten to the others yet, im doing some random completionist stuff in zero still but yakuza 0 is like a perfect game. cant recommend it enough

Yeah everyone seems to love it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

there will never be a game as perfect as civilization 4 ever again

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Borsche69 posted:

Stacks of doom are much more fun than the "1 unit per tile" bullshit.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Stacks of doom are much more fun than the "1 unit per tile" bullshit.

the 'carpet of doom' replacement is such bullshit. awesome, now i have a constant traffic jam that i need to deal with

stacks could've been made better, i completely agree with that thought process. especially at high level MP/pitboss games, trying to sim out combat or even just organizing the stack on a tile was a QoL pain. but compared to having to individually move every goddamn unit in civ5/civ6, its a godsend.

the real solution here is to #1 find a better combined arms solution when stacks fight eachother (so you arent attacking one unit at a time) and #2 finding a better way of logistically creating the stack. civ4 has some commands that let you direct newly made units to a specific tile, but they're kind of a pain to set and it doesnt help with the lategame problem when stacks balloon in size.

difficult solutions to actually implement, but not so difficult that i felt it was worth throwing the baby out with the bathwater and going 1upt. they even regressed when civ5 came out and you ended up with civ3 era bullshit where you could deny tiles by sitting your crap on top of it. its like they willingly jumped off of the shoulders of giants to make their game and ignored things that came before. you could even see this in the beyond the sword expansion where jon shafer's team managed to resurrect civ3 era pollution whack-a-mole mechanics with the espionage sabotage bullshit

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

its cool that age of empires 2 got a revival though. extremely blessed

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

I think the actual story is whatever, but as an open world game about being a super soldier in Afganistan, it's pretty drat great.

agreed, it's a very fun sandbox for people that like stealth gameplay. I loved it

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of grand strategy stuff I wish Stellaris devs found a way to make ground combat interesting.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Doomstacks own

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

My favorite RPG character is Lamar Jackson

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I think you could make like speedy throwing build in a few different RPGs.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Kyle Hamilton is a great character

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hell yeah

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah!! Civ 4 with all expansions was so much fun. There were so many little tactics and approaches and was neat to get good at and win on higher difficulties. I won once on Emperor and it felt so cool.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1729685817377841551

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Borsche69 posted:

A man after my heart. I liked playing monarch fractal maps after a while. I should give that a go again.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
lmao

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1729962393491362007

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if he's solid. Stefanski has spoken about Gary Kubiak's influence on his offense, and Flacco's best season occurred with Gary Kubiak as OC.

Of course that was a decade ago but still

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I wonder what the record forost starting qbs in a season that made the playoffs(I'm not sold on the browns making it in. But it would be fun.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for the return of AFCN legend Joe "Elite QB" Flacco.

I think anything above terrible QB play by NFL standards is good enough to sneak the Browns into the wildcard with their remaining schedule.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hey hes 10-5 in the playoffs

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Flacco winning another superbowl has to be funniest possible outcome for the season.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
short of the ravens getting into the superb owl having flacco get his second super bowl and become a hall of famer would be up there

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City
Henry Kissinger dies just as Joe Flacco rises...coincidence?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Calidus posted:

Flacco winning another superbowl has to be funniest possible outcome for the season.

Still wouldn't stop the "Is Joe Flacco elite?" posts

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man it sucks when your team is toast this early.

Browns fans do this every year?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Strip sack, Flacco! Minka Fitzpatrick picks up the ball on a dead run and scores! The Steelers are on their way to their 9th super bowl appearance

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man it sucks when your team is toast this early.

Browns fans do this every year?

Is this your third year as a Bengals fan?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It must be a totally defeating feeling knowing how bad they hosed themselves. At least I can say oh well at least there's next year and know I'm not lying to myself.

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It must be a totally defeating feeling knowing how bad they hosed themselves. At least I can say oh well at least there's next year and know I'm not lying to myself.

Is this your fifth year as a Bengals fan?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Odovaucer posted:

Is this your fifth year as a Bengals fan?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Despera posted:

short of the ravens getting into the superb owl having flacco get his second super bowl and become a hall of famer would be up there