Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Survived surgery at least. it was triple bypass and I am currently heavily drugged. I am talking via avoice to text

welcome to a street called easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Survived surgery at least. it was triple bypass and I am currently heavily drugged. I am talking via avoice to text

Hell yea

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
adding to the chorus of hell yeahs good for you goon

now just take it sleazy for like... three months

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Nice!

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Mola Yam posted:

good news: you're alive

bad news: world's still the same as before

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

hopefully you'll be home in time for christmas!

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Hey that's a pretty good start, I hope you heal up well!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

crepeface posted:

hopefully you'll be home in time for christmas!

I would by liable to tear my healing chest muscles if I were lying in the hospital on morphine and those demons approached me.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
preview of life expectancy for america:

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/231127/dq231127b-eng.htm

life expectancy falls for the third year in a row in Canada

2019 82.3 years
2020 81.7 years
2021 81.6 years
2022 81.3 years

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
oh wow imagine US life expectancy hitting 80+ years that'd be wild :v:

Meanwhile googling 'life expectancy' gave me results in the top 3 that claim US life expectancy continued to rise at a steady pace throughout the pandemic, surrounded by articles discussing how it sharply declined (with some of them already completely memory-holing that a pandemic happened, much less is still-ongoing, and expressing BAFFLEMENT at why figures have been dropping the last few years). Internet's kinda funny like that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New cruise ship epidemic just dropped: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-67544888 :nms:

'Wolf spider lays eggs in man's toe during cruise'

I'm starting to suspect that these cruises may not be such a great idea
:thunk:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

New cruise ship epidemic just dropped: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-67544888 :nms:

'Wolf spider lays eggs in man's toe during cruise'

I'm starting to suspect that these cruises may not be such a great idea
:thunk:

*me, fearlessly clicking spoilers with wild abandon*: :ohno:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

HazCat posted:

*me, fearlessly clicking spoilers with wild abandon*: :ohno:

There's also some gnarly photos behind the link! :eng101::nms:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's also some gnarly photos behind the link! :eng101::nms:

Actually those are easily confused by what a toe looks like when wearing new sandals. - the victims wife

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
., the better.
https://twitter.com/JPWeiland/status/1728928030591172866

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Me looking over the graph: "Eh I guess that's not so bad ..... oh poo poo, it's a log graph :gonk:"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
twitter got very angry about "new covid" last night after @1goodtern boosted the news.com.au article about it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

We did it :toot:

ATH!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

genericnick posted:

We did it :toot:
(..)
ATH!

:eyepoop:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

fosborb posted:

twitter got very angry about "new covid" last night after @1goodtern boosted the news.com.au article about it

How are they angry? I don't want to be disappointed because the term "new" makes me upset too since it's still Covid, always have been Covid

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
another one down in my family, my FIL this time. superspreader toll at five so far

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Glad to hear it.

Anecdotally, my uncle had a triple bypass when he was about 50 and they told him he had another "5-10 years". He did eventually die of a heart attack. At the age of 83, and while splitting wood with a hand maul. Pretty much the Death of Champions, IMO. Hopefully they give you a better prognosis than that, gonna assume all this poo poo has gotten better since 1985 or w/e.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Gunshow Poophole posted:

another one down in my family, my FIL this time. superspreader toll at five so far

Who could have predicted?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

NeonPunk posted:

How are they angry? I don't want to be disappointed because the term "new" makes me upset too since it's still Covid, always have been Covid

30,000 posts about how it's not new. pretty heartening!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
customer comes in and when I ask her how Thanksgiving went she gamely chuckles about how her husband is in the hospital with pneumonia now. he walked to their friends' house for dinner and ended up passing out at the table where they couldn't wake him up and he was cynanotic while they waited for the ambulance.

this is about 40% of people I've asked who have Holiday Memories of respiratory distress now, it feels loving apocalyptic this year, way worse than last.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

this but it's USF:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hell yeah :cheers:

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Yeah! Actual good news in the thread.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It sucks how bad the messaging is surrounding COVID because I currently have multiple people in my orbit that are well meaning and took a COVID test their first day of symptoms because they wanted to be careful and not infect people but got a negative so assume "they just have that thing going around" and go back to work as soon as thier symptoms are manageable. They aren't even aware that a lot of people don't pop positive until several days in to symptoms and they've also been gaslit in to not even considering just working from home until they are completely better because it's back in to the office people it's important we learn no lessons from the last few years even if it is "just a bug" and not COVID.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
My mom just came down with it. Super glad I saw her on Thanksgiving.

What are the symptoms I should be looking out for with the new variants?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Milosh posted:

My mom just came down with it. Super glad I saw her on Thanksgiving.

What are the symptoms I should be looking out for with the new variants?

same as usual. dry cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, muscle aches, fatigue

possibly but not necessarily: fever, loss of taste and smell

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Gunshow Poophole posted:

same as usual. dry cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, muscle aches, fatigue

possibly but not necessarily: fever, loss of taste and smell

Psychosomatically developed all those symptoms upon reading that. Stay safe goons.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Milosh posted:

Psychosomatically developed all those symptoms upon reading that. Stay safe goons.

COVID had evolved to spread via the Internet.

:rip:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

RandomBlue posted:

lmao

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

RandomBlue posted:

New Covid Simulator DLC incoming!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Petey posted:

also i've been heinously slammed at work so not posting here but: i hope you are all well. i hope you are healthy. i love my covid thread friends and want only the best for all of you.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Milosh posted:

You can also have zero symptoms and still have it. Covid is very generous that way. "Try our asymptomatic version!"'

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1729326723190137000?s=46

eyyyyyyy

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

This is totally off-topic (oh hi):

Could anyone point me in the direction of a thread on SA or wherever that could quick photoshop something for me? Maybe someone in the plague thread here could? It’s a pretty simple job. Photoshopping a photo then getting a canvas print for Christmas.

(I need to photoshop my daughters NG tubes out if you’re curious.)

On topic, still havent got COVID, and my daughters survived their 6-month vaccinations, which included monoclonal antibodies for RSV, vaccines for the flu, covid, TDAP, and rotavirus. In one visit they got all 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

suddenly worried that i've always had covid because i've never had taste