Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quackles posted:

Wait, since when is Blob a 6-cost card? I thought he was a 3/4.
He's been datamined as a 6 for awhile now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Neither of those cards cares much about what is played, only where. Gamora wants to know so she's a 5/12, and with X you usually want to know which lane can be locked because your opponent isn't playing there.
eh it's pretty helpful to know power being put into a lane when you're playing prof X
or like if they're playing shang or cosmo and you put gamora down that might not be good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Skippy McPants posted:

Shaw will be a solid addition to Surfer, and most of the cards that can buff him have synergy with Actual Good Card WWBN.

Seriously, I have no idea how so many people view that card as okay. A 3/9-15 is so absurd.

No. Ongoing abilities won't proc his effect. But some location effects will! Like the one that gives +2 to all cards in your hand, or the +2 on T5 to all at that location.

How about the one that gives +1 end of every turn, or Aunt Mays, or shuris lab??

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Jedit posted:

and with X you usually want to know which lane can be locked because your opponent isn't playing there.

Destroy and Move decks disagree with this sentiment

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Well that was a disgusting turn 6 thanks to a free alioth from the raft.

Now I want to play a mr negative deck that does it all the time.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Nothing in a negative deck happens all the time

Except heartbreak

Oh I’ve got my ramp and Mr negative and Jane Foster in hand for the first time in 30 games? Let’s snap, annnnnnd the 3rd location is TVA

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

This is how it's always looked on my Galaxy S22, medium quality.

cirus posted:

Same here, Galaxy S20+, medium and high. Never see through the red outline

S21 here and it's worked fine for over a year until the recent bug.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

wyoak posted:

eh it's pretty helpful to know power being put into a lane when you're playing prof X
or like if they're playing shang or cosmo and you put gamora down that might not be good

Plus, sometimes people play things that you really want to lock down, even if it loses you that lane, but gives you better game position overall. Like ongoing stacks or destroy stacks. Or a goblin.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

How about the one that gives +1 end of every turn, or Aunt Mays, or shuris lab??

Muir Island on Shaw will be pretty good. If you play him there on 3, he'll be a... 3/16?

That's almost on par with a good WWNB draw!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skippy McPants posted:

Muir Island on Shaw will be pretty good. If you play him there on 3, he'll be a... 3/16?

That's almost on par with a good WWNB draw!

I mean, you joke, but that's without any support. Shaw with support like Nico, and Forge will increase his stat line significantly. WWBN needs a deck of on reveals, and if you don't have any destroy effects, you can fill lanes and not have him able to move rather quickly.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Not to mention that WWBN needs board space, and that's kind of constrained in the current meta, either due to control effects or junk.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

wyoak posted:

Shaw might be pretty strong - there's Forge, Nico, Surfer, Nova, Elsa, am I missing anything else on permanent power increases?

Does Hulkbuster count?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I've gotten WWBN very big very consistently but the problem is he usually has to stay where he is from T5->6 which makes him a target. Otherwise you can bounce him away but you will rarely be able to replace his spot in that lane.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
My dreams of playing Mysterio/Monkey on 5 into Firestar on 6 are dead. Shame as she was the card I was most excited for.

Going to be funny the first time a Darkhawk player loses everything to someone playing The Blob though.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Happy Martyr day to all who celebrate

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/SkyeSNAPS/status/1729449363070660943

Additional features?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They’re in the pipeline :)

More info soon :)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is that like how the 1000 tokens in the Spotlight Caches was supposed to be temporary?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I assume they're referring to being able to "mix and match" the different backgrounds/effects/borders you've unlocked.

A lot of people (myself included) love the way the gold border looks with certain cards if you've also unlocked the gold background. But then you can't upgrade that card at ALL anymore, and if it's the first split of that variant, then you have to decide if you're willing to give up the gold border to take it to infinity to split it again to try for inked, or other particle effects.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah i'd absolutely adore being able to mix and match border colors/background colors/particle effects when they're unlocked. i've soured on the rainbow foil background so i somewhat recently swapped over to the infinite base version on everything i had unlocked, but i would've still liked to use (say) the rainbow explosion effect on my festival jubilee

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
given the recent nuverse / bytedance news, wouldn't be surprised if they added this in but charged for it. and i mean a lot. given how they price everything else...

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They talked about adding a new tier of rarity for variants didn't they? Like beyond the 5000 token ones, I'd assume in the most whalesome bundles only or just straight up not in a bundle and you just buy the single variant on its own for Ł100 or whatever.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
They've also talked about adding different types of splits too, like more effects besides the ones we have now.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Yeah, I'm gold or infinite exclusively; maybe a few b/w ones. The rainbow background sucks with the cards. I like rainbow colors, too, but they just replace the background in odd ways.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Remember First Edition badges

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Remember First Edition badges

SD doesn't

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
The tweet is specifically referring to them bringing up that Ultimate variants are supposed to get additional VFX/SFX when played to make them feel more “ultimate” — this is separate from the “HIGHER than Ultimate” variant tier they’ve talked about as well as the mix and match of current splits or upcoming additional split types or first edition badges lol.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Beating Alioth in an Infinite match is fun. Beating Alioth with my "just completing dailies" Thanos Lockjaw trash deck? Priceless.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

He double deserves it for running Alioth in a loving Destory deck. Play my 50+ power Knull? Nah, gently caress that, FART CLOUD TO VICTORY!

Like drat, the whole deck is built around throwing prio and slamming massive cheated stats on turn 6. There are few worse decks to shove Alioth into.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Skippy McPants posted:

He double deserves it for running Alioth in a loving Destory deck. Play my 50+ power Knull? Nah, gently caress that, FART CLOUD TO VICTORY!

Like drat, the whole deck is built around throwing prio and slamming massive cheated stats on turn 6. There are few worse decks to shove Alioth into.

and somehow, alioth probably still outright wins 15% of their games for them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had Alioth in my Knull deck for a bit. If you ramp and get Knull out T5, it makes for a pretty funny t6 Alioth

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Burginator posted:

and somehow, alioth probably still outright wins 15% of their games for them

I know. It's disgusting. Card can't get nerfed soon enough.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skippy McPants posted:

They also may not have Knull, but got lucky with Alioth.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Skippy McPants posted:

I know. It's disgusting. Card can't get nerfed soon enough.

I used to really hate Galactus and I thought he was as bad as a card could get

Alioth pisses me off like 5x as much, he's such a dumb card that just completely removes other peoples ability to play the game, which is *always* the worst design for a card

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
After a couple of weeks of Conquest failures with Annihilus decks, I'm having some success now with a 'Girl Power' deck that was on SnapZone a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty high-rolly but it puts out a lot of power in some unexpected ways. And it uses Rescue!

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Rescue is underrated I think. Big 4 cost card without a downside to play around. Been using her in my Shuri/Annihilus deck this week, and today in a Martyr deck.

# (1) Echo
# (1) Martyr
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Invisible Woman
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Negasonic Teenage Warhead
# (4) Rescue
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Attuma
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Alioth
#
NeuropsychologicalW52aXNpYmxlV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lZ2Fzb25pY1RlZW5hZ2VXYXJoZWFkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZXNjdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1zTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBdHR1bWEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFsaW90aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFydHlyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFY2hvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Deck tries to keep priority so the disruption cards can do their thing. I actually thought putting Martyr behind Invisible woman would counter the moving effect, but it does not. Reasoning is that if Attuma is revealed behind Invis Women, the card doesn't destroy itself. Overall the deck is good when your revealing first, martyr effect is easily played around by filling/locking down lanes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've never seen a deck code that started with a word

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Joink posted:

I actually thought putting Martyr behind Invisible woman would counter the moving effect, but it does not. Reasoning is that if Attuma is revealed behind Invis Women, the card doesn't destroy itself.

Attuma will be safe because there are no more “End of Turn” triggers. Martyr will move for the same reason IW turns off; it’s the “End of Game”phase and those effects take place.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Walked into infinite with an 8-cube win taking me from bottom of 99. I ran from from 90-100 in 2 hours or less with that good cards marvel/DH that was posted earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I need to be more ballsy about snapping in the first conquest game if I'm in a strong position