Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Grody Chodes

keep me out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019056&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

If you guys don’t like wrestling why watch it. Or is this just bits?

Two words for you :

gently caress
Off!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MotU posted:

i just watch njpw/stardom/tjpw/ddt

Post in the puroresu thread my dude

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
As an outsider who only ever watched AEW through YouTube clips, they have too many matches that are two indie guys I don't know with no storyline I can find in the clips. Oh finally Adam gently caress vs Yoshi Itsuki.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

snoremac posted:

As an outsider who only ever watched AEW through YouTube clips, they have too many matches that are two indie guys I don't know with no storyline I can find in the clips. Oh finally Adam gently caress vs Yoshi Itsuki.

wish we could quote goons in the Jase Regal thread

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Both aew and the wwf suck, it’s sad but unfortunately true. They should make a new, good wrestling show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Both aew and the wwf suck, it’s sad but unfortunately true. They should make a new, good wrestling show.

Maybe now is the time for your to embrace Impact Wrestling?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Just think there's an insularity to the booking that favours what-ifs over storytelling. I'd know these guys if I had reason to be invested.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

snoremac posted:

I only watch good wrestling so don't watch AEW but pretty sure the storyline is often "winning this match gets you closer to a championship match", why do you need more than that?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

No reason to engage with a dip poo poo, brother forkbrother. Even in this thread we call AEW Hell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

NXT

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Look I'm too out of the loop. I wish the company success. There's much to love and it kills WWE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

snoremac posted:

it kills WWE.

Every sign would point to this being false

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I liked when Chris Jericho tried to get Matt Hardy's drone to join his faction

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone looking for good wrestling should try Zona 23

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

Excited to tune into AEW and see some wwe level DRAMA with Roddy's neck when he should be killing people in the ring and not doing lovely comedy gimmick

Except we’re getting Jay white vs Swerve and the show won’t have Nia Jax

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The best part of AEW is that you know that Vince isn't making anyone do the terrible gimmicks. Every moment of Roddy in a neck brace is the man finally getting to cook after years of being locked out of the kitchen.

A shame people still call him a good wrestler after watching him cook

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

The best part of AEW is that you know that Vince isn't making anyone do the terrible gimmicks.

whatever the gently caress miro is currently doing lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

whatever the gently caress miro is currently doing lol

What can I say, the man just really likes seeing his wife with other dudes

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I watched punk’s promo on Twitter and I don’t know why anyone expected him to shoot because that would be in violation of whatever non disparagement he had to have signed on the way out of AEW. Tony doesn’t manage wrestlers all that well but he is on point with his legal forms.

My issue with the promo is it was insincere.

(Also is Raw always that neon red? I have not watched in years and I found the red to be extremely off putting)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

MJeff posted:

2019: Wrestling fans are underserved and need something different.
2023: I announced this tournament on 11 days notice, the prize is some weird midcard title that I can't even properly explain, I won't even tell you who's in it until the day of the tournament, but I'm not gonna stuff the matches to the gills with interference for once so you better loving watch it and stop whining.

Party's over. It was a fun company while it lasted.

lol what an absolute bitchass

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1712494953270522170

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

We actually have people in this forum unironically posting fed wojacks?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

The_Rob posted:

We actually have people in this forum unironically posting fed wojacks?

wtf is a fed wojack lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol I forgot about this, somehow

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

wtf is a fed wojack lmao

You posted a wojak that all the pro wwe people on twitter like to post.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

The_Rob posted:

You posted a wojak that all the pro wwe people on twitter like to post.

my bad, dude. ill try to translate that image into more amicable slang:
"im not owned! im not owned!!", tony khan continues to insist as he slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

my bad, dude. ill try to translate that image into more amicable slang:
"im not owned! im not owned!!", tony khan continues to insist as he slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob.

Lol is this a bit?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Lol is this a bit?

are u actually insane?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this isn't the dream we had for the hell thread

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fucker posted:

are u actually insane?

I’m just trying to figure your angle out because you’re posting like one of the dudes who replies to ringside news posts.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I’m just trying to figure your angle out because you’re posting like one of the dudes who replies to ringside news posts.

i posted a tweet of tony khan coping through tears after some ratings nonsense and was making fun of how not mad he was when he posted it. thats my angle

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Both of you seem to have an injury caused by wrestling discourse

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We don't need to seriously reply to the guy who got insanely offended that Sanada (possibly the one world champion in a major promotion worse than MJF) wrestled Jungle Boy, folks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBOgtp0Hac

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MJeff posted:

We don't need to seriously reply to the guy who got insanely offended that Sanada wrestled Jungle Boy, folks.

I don’t know who the guy is. I just thought it was funny to see a wojak posted here unironically followed by the over used dril tweet

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Is wojak like a 1970s cop show mashup of Wojo from "Barney Miller" and Kojak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

I don’t know who the guy is. I just thought it was funny to see a wojak posted here unironically followed by the over used dril tweet

I am telling you now so you do know. They are a deeply unserious poster and you don't have to reply to them. You are now blessed with knowledge.