Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah it’s satisfying to make deductions about what might have happened and get rewarded. I like how you have to have three new ones right to avoid encouraging excessive guessing without paying attention.

I also always loved how the game has different endings depending on how right you were, including one for the yolo guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

M_Gargantua posted:

I also always loved how the game has different endings depending on how right you were, including one for the yolo guessing.

Oh yeah except I think it’s more a punishment for not enough complete answers?

Had fun but hit a wall where I was unsure about if I was supposed to be finding more hidden memories & had gotten confused about many of the fates so used a guide to close it out to get the story. Did not deduce I was supposed to be checking stuff like shoes, bunk assignments, and making assumptions about the fates of characters who didn’t perish as part of a memory.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Rockstar promises that GTA 6 trailer will be unveiled in December.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Now we just need a HL3 trailer announced for the following day.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Honestly surprised with their infinite money Valve hasn’t made Orange Box 2. I know they don’t need the sales but would win a lot of good will and probably move plenty of Steam Decks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just remake day of defeat for fucks sake

id play the poo poo out of it nowadays

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just remake day of defeat for fucks sake

id play the poo poo out of it nowadays

There are still DoD Source players. Hell there's still clans and tournaments. Just play that.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
FYI

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just remake science and industry for fucks sake

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just remake action Half-Life for fucks sake

I'm cool with either one

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
make a modern version of auto duel

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Miss good Bioware games, can't believe how far they've fallen since Dragon Age Inquisition.

Ironically they just got shown up HARD for their style of games by Baldur's Gate 3.

They would make so much money if they could pull off a KOTOR remake, or even just a modern upgrade.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I got KOTOR by exploiting that McD’s monopoly best buy bucks gen 1 or 2 could be used both online and in person if you went in person quick… bought insane amounts of fries to get $2 per fries worth of best buy redemption to buy games and peripherals at steep discount.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Mustang posted:

Miss good Bioware games, can't believe how far they've fallen since Dragon Age Inquisition.

Ironically they just got shown up HARD for their style of games by Baldur's Gate 3.

They would make so much money if they could pull off a KOTOR remake, or even just a modern upgrade.

From what I've gathered there is a not insignificant amount of Bioware refugees, myself included, who were pining for the good old days of KOTOR and early Mass Effect who really took a shine to BG3.

I don't even know what Bioware is up to these days, I think I stopped paying attention to them after they went off the rails with Anthem (no, you're not the only one who forgot that game existed).

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Watching the Crown, an episode set in July 1997 has Prince William mention enjoying Goldeneye 007 despite it not coming out for more than a month. And he plays Street Fighter II but a match between E. Honda & Blanka has audio from Ryu. I understand why this season is getting criticized.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

SerthVarnee posted:

So a friend of mine convinced me to give Battle Brothers a shot.
It has been 4 days since I got it and Steam claims I've spent 37.6 hours on it.
Send help.

:hmmyes: Battle Brothers and Wartales are both excellent. If you haven't tried Wartales yet, give it a shot once your BB addiction is over.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Crossposting my Railgrade insanity

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've managed the poo poo out of this game

Just absolutely beautiful

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This doesn't look very efficient

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Looks quite German though.

It isn't the perfect way of doing it.
It is the way it has always been done.
Therefore no improvement could possibly be made to it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I just beat Cobalt Core, the real ending of it, and it's a great ending. Great game in general but they manage to make the characters really engaging somehow even though you only get little snippets of them.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I see you're taking the Factorio conveyor belt spaghetti strategy to its logical conclusion.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Starfield review: this game is a mile wide but an inch deep

Bethesda customer support: :actually:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesdas-s...ade-to-log-off/

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
"Driving engagement"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah I did get like 100 hours going slow with it and I really can't complain, but "decent" was probably apt.

Then I got sucked into Alan Wake II for around 30 and there's poo poo in that game that's completely different than anything else made in games. And with story/plot quality, I never wanted to skip past any of the voice lines or screens. In Starfield, I was constantly hammering the skip.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

orange juche posted:

This doesn't look very efficient

Oh, you want ein little bit more efficiency, jah?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Finished the Railgrade campaign and just had to go the extra-mile for the last assignment so I could 100% the game for that sweet, sweet Steam badge before I go play either BigPharma or Anno 1800.

Final verdict:
Absolutely worth every cent. My only initial point of critique, namely being forced into "ugly but functional setups" in order to meet the top-level time challenges, ended up being moot. As you keep progressing through the campaign, you continuously unlock more upgrades that are globally available, so you can go back to levels you only finished at a B- or C-tier, and use different strategies with placable/upgradeable industries or new engines, which gives the levels a decent touch of replayability.

If I had to level any criticism at the game, it'd be that taking a break in a level and coming back to it a day or two later can be feel a bit more punishing than in other management games, because losing track of what the gently caress you were doing, where your poo poo is hidden under quadruple-stacked station nightmares, and what you were planning on doing next can cost you a lot of extremely valuable time.

32 Mainframes per second was a bit of a headscratcher, but I made it happen on a previous map where the initial challenge was to export 128 products total.

Triple-stacked double-next-to-triple-lane offloading-dock was a bit of a challenge to finagle around the existing Framer industry (it occurred to me waay to late that I had replayed the level and could now have placed new Framers wherever I wanted)

Final bottleneck was churning out CPUs at an absolutely insane rate, so I had to bury my level 5 CPU Fabs (center of picture, I swear they're under there somewhere) under a similar contraption

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Starfield review: this game is a mile wide but an inch deep

Bethesda customer support: :actually:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesdas-s...ade-to-log-off/

Yeah, Bethesda just needs to take the L and learn from this - I did enjoy the game, but the story was shallow as gently caress and NG+ just sucks what life is left out of it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They should have held off release for a while to give people time to forget bg3 and also polish it up

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

They should have held off release for a while to give people time to forget bg3 and also polish it up

I don't think it needed polish - it needed a re-write. The story wasn't very convincing, the enemies not very threatening or their cause very swaying. Of all the Bethesda stories, this one had the weakest plot and weakest motivations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I don't think it needed polish - it needed a re-write. The story wasn't very convincing, the enemies not very threatening or their cause very swaying. Of all the Bethesda stories, this one had the weakest plot and weakest motivations.

I don't think they had the ability to write a better story. So if you can't do better, at least work on better timing so your flaws aren't quite so bright and obvious.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
I hope Starfield's reception leads to less of that half-assed procgen busywork stuff in future games. Oh wow, spaceship debris! And it's the same spaceship debris I saw the last 10 times!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Punished Ape posted:

I hope Starfield's reception leads to less of that half-assed procgen busywork stuff in future games. Oh wow, spaceship debris! And it's the same spaceship debris I saw the last 10 times!

No, it's going to be "Gamers just don't like space"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Punished Ape posted:

Nah, management will look at procedurally generated locations, look at ChatGPT, and start thinking about procedurally generated storyline.

Bonus; they can fire the writers room and cut labor costs!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CainFortea posted:

No, it's going to be "Gamers just don't like space"

<goes back to mainlining Starsector as he has for the last decade>

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Nah, management will look at procedurally generated locations, look at ChatGPT, and start thinking about procedurally generated storyline.

Bonus; they can fire the writers room and cut labor costs!

Given that their writers consistently produce material indistinguishable from bot products I wouldn’t blame them

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Arrath posted:

<goes back to mainlining Starsector as he has for the last decade>

Starsector is consistently my May - August game and has been for at least 8 years. That's incredible.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I got sucked into this game bad :cry:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Rockstar said gently caress it, have the trailer early cause someone leaked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Rockstar said gently caress it, have the trailer early cause someone leaked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0

Kind of dumb they put the "12 O'Clock Boys" in this, not like those dipshits need any clout or legitimizing. Think I'll hold out for RDR3 for my open-world crimin' simulator.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The The Day Before is out, and apparently it is not at all what it was said to be. I was hoping for it to offer the smoother DayZ version in coop or something. Dunno if it is a scam scam or just a poor early access.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Vahakyla posted:

The The Day Before is out, and apparently it is not at all what it was said to be. I was hoping for it to offer the smoother DayZ version in coop or something. Dunno if it is a scam scam or just a poor early access.

Isn't this the zombie game that had everyone saying it was some kind of scam since the first trailer? Like the devs were copying ads and trailers from other games shot for shot.

Punished Ape fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Punished Ape posted:

Isn't this the zombie game that had everyone saying it was some kind of scam since the first trailer? Like the devs were copying ads and trailers shot for shot.

That's the one!