Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

scrolling today a couple videos of Maori people doing solidarity hakas for Palestine and its the coolest poo poo

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8fGY1yg/

the world stands with palestine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

ikanreed posted:

This is a thread about a stupid evil thing that is racists against colonized people. There's some labor exploitation involved, but it's not the only evil in the universe.

racism was invented to justify imperialism which is the highest state of capitalism of which the primary conflict is labour vs capital

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
You've already heard of raving outside a concentration camp, but what about a ghost rave in the same spot?

https://twitter.com/haim_goldberg/status/1729445541963034682?t=G9Ot-9xPMs0ZGazmtCbLhg&s=19

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Computer Serf posted:

is Israel going to try and unplug the internet now or what

Gaza's telecommunications infra is nothing short of heroic. They bury all their lines 25 foot underground (most of the world it's like 24 inches) and their techs risk their lives going out to fix poo poo the israelis blow up.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Sancho Banana posted:

You've already heard of raving outside a concentration camp, but what about a ghost rave in the same spot?

https://twitter.com/haim_goldberg/status/1729445541963034682?t=G9Ot-9xPMs0ZGazmtCbLhg&s=19

i need a new word that combines eye roll with cringe

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Vomik posted:

I think it’s because most of the other political chat areas on this forum are so insanely ghoulish it makes even a bog standard US liberal’s stomach turn

it probably doesn’t help that leftism is so ill defined it’s considered leftist to be anti genocide which tbh is really a humanitarian issue not a economic one but …. *gestures about wildly* here we are in the discourse lol

genocide by the west has been justified repeatedly in economic terms and is in fact foundational to the liberal economic project

for example, locke has a whole thing justifying the theft of land from the native americans when he is establishing the liberal idea of land as property

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Sancho Banana posted:

Mad George Floyd DJ vibes here

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

703 posted:

Mad George Floyd DJ vibes here

dang it!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Sancho Banana posted:

shout outs to their families

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

is this cheugy?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mushika posted:

I want to preface this post with the fact that I don't really know the culture of C-Spam. It's a thing that I'm learning, but it's a thing that I think I've been missing out on in my blargh ish years on this poo poo rear end dead place that I find myself returning to.

I spent more than ten years studying medieval Jewish German literature. A lot of Maimonides. I have a shelf of hymn books in Yiddish, German, and Polish. I have a section of manuscripts that are specifically of womens' hymns from the 1700's. It's beautiful literature. It's centuries of good stuff. But that's not what Zionism is.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress Herzl.

From the river to the sea.

Death to the state of Israel.

Most of all, gently caress the imperialist nations of the global West.

Not only welcome, but your insight, knowledge, and expertise on the historical aspect of Judaism would be most welcome in this thread! :justpost: :justpost:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Want to thank Al-Saqr and Sancho and the other Arabic and Hebrew speakers for posting in this thread, there's so much information you never get if you only listen to English language media. Wild that most western anglos probably believe they're getting all sides of this conflict when they cant even understand the languages of the two sides. You can really see it in the difference between the messaging Israel puts out in English versus what it puts out in Hebrew.

I really can't echo this enough: I, too, deeply appreciate the work that posters in this thread put in to keep us informed with real information and not the blatantly filtered drivel that we are fed by major European and American media providers. It's truly baffling to me how otherwise reasonably intelligent people can look at what the Israeli government puts out as "reporting" and say to themselves, "Yep! That looks good and true and not obviously a shoddy attempt at covering up a genocide!"

My brain keeps going back to boxes of "MEDICAL SUPPLIES" and I can't help but laugh while dying a little inside.

But not as much as the literal dying that won't stop until Israel is stopped.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

crepeface posted:

racism was invented to justify imperialism which is the highest state of capitalism of which the primary conflict is labour vs capital

I can't seem to come up with a non D&D way to answer this, but that seems more than a little reductive.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mushika posted:

My brain keeps going back to boxes of "MEDICAL SUPPLIES" and I can't help but laugh while dying a little inside.

this is still one of my favorite moments because even as their own troops are getting blown the gently caress up in merkavas, instead of just filming 3 guys moving Israeli army material around and just claiming its helping Gazans at the hospital, they actually wasted time, money, and multiple soldiers effort to make fake medical supply boxes

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

zionist oppression is about cringe poo poo like edm raves for dead troops, mistreating child hostages, rank inflation, open carry yoga, and jacking off corpses

palestinian resistance is about cool poo poo like treating captives well, unshakable resilience in the face of mechanized annihilation, showing physical bravery when fighting tanks, and neat scarves

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

FlapYoJacks posted:

Not only welcome, but your insight, knowledge, and expertise on the historical aspect of Judaism would be most welcome in this thread! :justpost: :justpost:

Thank you! Unfortunately, my studies were fairly limited to specific literary studies from roughly the beginning of the Holy Roman Empire to the Haskalah of the late 1700's, and I haven't maintained any scholarship in the area for about twenty years, so I don't really have any right to contribute to any discussion about Judaism specifically. I could probably tell you more about how the rise of Jewish Romanticism in the Middle Ages led to the later Jewish Enlightenment (the Haskalah I mentioned) or how late medieval Jewish multilingual typesetting influenced printing presses and fonts of later centuries, but even then, my knowledge of those areas are eroding from my brain as fast as my grasp of Swahili studies from the same time period are.

I really need to stop reading garbage entertainment crap and get my aging brain back into gear.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

hello just checking in. has israel died yet? if not, death to israel

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
So Iran has been in cahoots with Russia trying to purchase Su-35s fighter jets and Mi-28 attack helicopters. And apparently Iran and Russia's defense alliance is a done deal.

After they released this statement and the video, I get why they were so keen on obtaining them ASAP.

Iran’s IRGC Navy commander:

“Yesterday, the US aircraft carrier answered all of our questions upon entering the the Strait of Hormuz & complied with our orders. When the carrier saw a lot of Iranian boats, it quickly moved toward the south of Persian Gulf & the waters of neighboring countries.

Iranian drones were above them, and we warned them that their helicopter should land.

We have films & photos of all their movements, and this time, upon entering, they provided much more compliance and cooperation than before.”

https://x.com/ibnriad/status/1729524283288797587?s=46

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

alarumklok posted:

hello just checking in. has israel died yet? if not, death to israel

It's in the process of dying

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Owlbear Camus posted:

scrolling today a couple videos of Maori people doing solidarity hakas for Palestine and its the coolest poo poo

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8fGY1yg/

the world stands with palestine

folks unfortunately do all kinds of hakas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uxPvrgoo1o

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

weird Palestinians are also from there

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Mushika posted:

Thank you! Unfortunately, my studies were fairly limited to specific literary studies from roughly the beginning of the Holy Roman Empire to the Haskalah of the late 1700's, and I haven't maintained any scholarship in the area for about twenty years, so I don't really have any right to contribute to any discussion about Judaism specifically. I could probably tell you more about how the rise of Jewish Romanticism in the Middle Ages led to the later Jewish Enlightenment (the Haskalah I mentioned) or how late medieval Jewish multilingual typesetting influenced printing presses and fonts of later centuries, but even then, my knowledge of those areas are eroding from my brain as fast as my grasp of Swahili studies from the same time period are.

I really need to stop reading garbage entertainment crap and get my aging brain back into gear.

Would read the gently caress out of these ramblings

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Zionists who would go on to found Israel literally cooperated with Nazi Germany and literally kept secret their knowledge about the Holocaust as it was happening. Who are the kapos again?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

OrangéJéllo posted:

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

OrangéJéllo posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Mushika posted:

Definitely do, all of what you studied, Israel hates. Keep it alive.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

had to look this poo poo up wtf lmao

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Seems the IOF is finally starting it's counter-propaganda campaign of "no they were only nice for the camera, they were really brutal animals" today

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-forced-hostage-kids-to-watch-videos-of-oct-7-atrocities-family-member-says/

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sancho Banana posted:

very normal and very cool

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

SplitSoul posted:

The Zionists who would go on to found Israel literally cooperated with Nazi Germany and literally kept secret their knowledge about the Holocaust as it was happening. Who are the kapos again?

Is this when they moved millions to Palestine and lifted the boycott of German goods?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Seems the IOF is finally starting it's counter-propaganda campaign of "no they were only nice for the camera, they were really brutal animals" today

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-forced-hostage-kids-to-watch-videos-of-oct-7-atrocities-family-member-says/

If there is even a single quark of truth to this article, what it is really saying is: "Hamas forced hostages to watch videos of the IDF indiscriminately murdering everything that moves on October 7th."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also, Hamas is so evil they put the toilet paper on the roll facing under not over.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Also the oil ship wasnt the houthis it was the somali pirates apparently according to the US:-

The Pentagon: The initial assessment is that the gunmen who attacked the Central Park ship were Somalis and the incident is linked to piracy.

https://twitter.com/AJArabic/status/1729181008740700214?s=20

Fake news. Somali pirates haven’t existed in 10 years and are only an excuse for criminal naval patrols to guard fish thieves.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

aBagorn posted:

gonna guess that at some point that had a tv and that's literally all the israeli channels were broadcasting 24/7

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

ikanreed posted:

I can't seem to come up with a non D&D way to answer this, but that seems more than a little reductive.

Israel exploits Palestinian labor if not directly through the work visas, then indirectly by controlling their economy and rebranding Palestinian products as Israeli. What's unique about settler-colonialism is that the external relationship between the First and Third Worlds becomes internalized within the nation-state. Palestine is a de facto internal colony of Israel, with all of its administrative units being broken up into isolated enclaves whose movements are controlled by the IDF. A Palestinian bourgeois can only exist insofar as it is subservient to the Israeli bourgeois.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

carcinofuck posted:

Making some stickers. Looking for feedback/suggestions on wording. They're going to be 4x4" eggshell stickers because people keep peeling the other ones I made.

Can you add this to your sticker collection?

Only registered members can see post attachments!