Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Interesting developments... Cameron 'not so bad'?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-palestine-war-uk-cameron-tory-arabist-tradition-revived-has

quote:

Israel-Palestine war: Has David Cameron revived the Tory Arabist tradition?
Imran Mulla , Peter Oborne

To sum up: in the space of two short weeks, Cameron has seized control of the Gaza file and renounced Sunak’s policy of "unequivocal" support for Netanyahu’s Israel. James Cleverly, Cameron’s predecessor as foreign secretary, was inexperienced, timid, out of his depth and reluctant to upset Downing Street or offend Israel.

Cameron, by contrast, has mastered his brief and shows every sign of being his own man. Cameron’s apparent rediscovery of the long-lost Tory Arabist tradition looks like yet another humiliation for hapless Sunak. But it also spells danger for Labour leader Keir Starmer.

Cameron has outflanked the Labour leader and made him look and sound dangerously like Netanyahu’s pointman in Westminster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Wachter posted:

The underground complex doodles are fascinating to me because they're like outsider art, like those artists who draw under massive doses of psychedelics. It's fascist doublethink fantasy in full free association. The Gazans are little more than animals but they've got Tracy Island poo poo. They're all child-killing troglodytes but I'm just now getting unverified reports from the IDF that Hamas has successfully activated an Eva

Hamas are operating from Terminal Dogma. Joe Biden must authorise the use of seagulls.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

remember all the diagrams of bin Laden's supposed tunnel metropolis except when people went there it turns out they were just living in caves

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Good on him.

David Cameron has always had an ability to pull members out of tight spaces where there's intense debate over whether they belong there or not.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Has he got the mileage to see it through though? He didn’t with Brexit. He only got 1 rod to the hogshead after all

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

DUP shifting attitudes.
20 years ago it would be about Fenian squirrels.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Microplastics posted:

Don't I know it

Oh I had assumed you'd bought a nice bar of chocolate not the Lidl 'but we have chocolate at home' stuff

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Cometh the hour, cometh the woman.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
As a man entirely without a conscience (him, not me!) , I'd suggest Camerons tentatively more pro-Palestine stance may be a byproduct of his being in the pocket of the Chinese more than anything else.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Perfect Element posted:

As a man entirely without a conscience (him, not me!) , I'd suggest Camerons tentatively more pro-Palestine stance may be a byproduct of his being in the pocket of the Chinese more than anything else.

Normally this would sound insane, but it is worth noting that China did throw its support behind Palestine a couple of days before the ceasefire, after a big meeting in Beijing with a bunch of Arab foreign ministers, and they played perhaps the single most important role in brokering negotiations for an end to the Saudi genocide in Yemen. Their developing influence in the Middle East is definitely worth keeping track of to help explain a number of the more surprising geopolitical shifts there.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Raspberries beat strawberries every day of the week. Strawberries are weak, fat, pampered equestrians, demanding slaves to water and prune them and keep them from the starving mobs of hungry weeds and birds. Raspberries while disorganised are driven by a fierce desire to conquer and multiply, and the only thing distinguishing them from other weeds is that there's raspberries growing on them

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also strawberries have a taste that's watery, soft, sickly sweetly decadent while that of raspberries is youthful, fresh and refreshing, easily overpowering the strawberry opulence

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I think strawberries are better

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Yep strawberries are better.
Blueberries though are king.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like raspberries more but both are great tbh.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Standard gooseberry underepresentation

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Blueberries are king* of the grocery store fruit.

Little sweet and sour berries that look like tiny strawberries but aren't, on the other hand, are the hidden champion.

I once had a picnic with a girl who looked dissapointed and told me 'I'm more of a strawberry girl' when I brought blueberries. You may prefer strawberries; you are not allowed to dislike blueberries.

*This is gender neutral. Ladies can be and have been styled king when reigning as a monarch.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 29, 2023

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I don't think I've ever bought a blueberry now I think about it or ever thought about in relation to a grocery store. Sometimes the most innocuous of phrasings makes you realize how different lives people live. But I suppose yet, most people in the world must buy their blueberries from a store.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
The best fruits are all relatively unsung, and they are gooseberries for fool and pie, damsons for jam and crumble, and sloes for gin. Blackcurrants and apricots get honourable mentions for pie and jam as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Elderberries.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Oh dear me posted:

The best fruits are all relatively unsung, and they are gooseberries for fool and pie, damsons for jam and crumble, and sloes for gin. Blackcurrants and apricots get honourable mentions for pie and jam as well.

Black currant jelly goes well with a lot of savoury food. Otherwise nearly all our red & black currants get steamed and turned into cordial concentrate.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I used to go bilberry picking, never did like them but I loved walking through ferns and talking with my grandma and cousins.

I really miss those days sometimes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lingonberries FTW

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Darth Walrus posted:

Normally this would sound insane, but it is worth noting that China did throw its support behind Palestine a couple of days before the ceasefire, after a big meeting in Beijing with a bunch of Arab foreign ministers, and they played perhaps the single most important role in brokering negotiations for an end to the Saudi genocide in Yemen. Their developing influence in the Middle East is definitely worth keeping track of to help explain a number of the more surprising geopolitical shifts there.

I think they're pretty influential in Middle East and Africa. They invest in the countries and also export a lot of poor quality junk. I know in Egypt one of the chains of household goods, Tawheed al Nour, was stuffed with really shoddy items from China. (They also have - or did have last time I was there - that system of choosing what you want to buy, going and paying for it and then going to another place to collect it - Foyles Bookshop in Charing Cross Rd also used to run that system - but I digress) - nowhere near the quality of Chinese tat we get here.
I think it's a quid pro quo for the investment. Also ME & African countries don't tend to focus on Chinese human rights issues when making contracts.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sloes (for gin purposes)

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
One time I woke up having blacked out on New Year's Eve. This was the first time ever, and so I asked what happened. People told me I had downed a bottle of gin. I replied that I didn't have any gin, I had brought rum. They said 'Yeah, you drank the rum, then someone gave you a bottle of gin and you had that.'

Still can't stand even the scent of it to this day, even though I can't remember overindulging.

I don't drink at all now. It's cortados over moscato and it's very empowering.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think they're pretty influential in Middle East and Africa. They invest in the countries and also export a lot of poor quality junk. I know in Egypt one of the chains of household goods, Tawheed al Nour, was stuffed with really shoddy items from China. (They also have - or did have last time I was there - that system of choosing what you want to buy, going and paying for it and then going to another place to collect it - Foyles Bookshop in Charing Cross Rd also used to run that system - but I digress) - nowhere near the quality of Chinese tat we get here.
I think it's a quid pro quo for the investment. Also ME & African countries don't tend to focus on Chinese human rights issues when making contracts.

They also by and large don't give a hoot about the COMMUNISTS!!!!! brainworms that the western countries have, so they can cheerily work with them without the insane fascists in their governments saying poo poo. Those fascists are busy managing the moral police or picking which ethnic minority to harass/genocide.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

smellmycheese posted:

Lingonberries FTW

Actually my least favorite berry, but for some things you just need lingonberry jam to go with. Blood patties, cabbage casserole, vispipuuro (I could go for some of that now).

I've never tried making lingonberry cordial but I think that would be a hit. Or lingonberry wine, or lingonberry cider?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Even knowing they're real every time I see lingonberry I feel like I'm on the precipice of falling for a ligma joke.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wachter posted:

The underground complex doodles are fascinating to me because they're like outsider art, like those artists who draw under massive doses of psychedelics. It's fascist doublethink fantasy in full free association. The Gazans are little more than animals but they've got Tracy Island poo poo. They're all child-killing troglodytes but I'm just now getting unverified reports from the IDF that Hamas has successfully activated an Eva

Actually the Hamas superweapon is Gundams

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is ranging dangerously close to Gundam 00 territory.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hamas could take down a gundam with a couple of stout lads and an rpg. And then post it on TikTok for the propoganda value.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Even knowing they're real every time I see lingonberry I feel like I'm on the precipice of falling for a ligma joke.
The lingonberry, partridgeberry, mountain cranberry or cowberry, is a small evergreen shrub in the heath family Ericaceae, that bears edible fruit. It is related to cranberries, bilberries, and Dee's nuts.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This is where we carefully tiptoe around the fact that the (heroic, but mildly shady) AEUG in Zeta Gundam was bankrolled in significant part by militant Zionist businessmen.

Also, Neo Zeon canonically supports Arab nationalists in the sequel, ZZ Gundam (the Arab nationalists are depicted as sympathetic antagonists who just so happen to be in the way of the heroes, and who only chose to work with the genocidal space fash because they were the only realistic game in town).

Middle Eastern politics in the Universal Century is... something.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I heard that Gaza City is capable of rising up on vast metal legs and rampaging around the Holy Land crushing innocent Israelis underfoot.

Also Palestinians are big dumb idiots, barely capable of human speech, etc.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Good on him.

David Cameron has always had an ability to pull members out of tight spaces where there's intense debate over whether they belong there or not.

Maybe this time Cameron will see that what he did just wasn't Kosher.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

kecske posted:

sloes (for gin purposes)
gin is bad and it’s been trendy for far too long

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

whiskey supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016