Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
while on the topic we got given a bottle of bushmills some years ago and it’s still almost full. neither of us appear to like the flavour at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I got some limited edition Jackson's x Dickies whiskey for the holidays.

Excited to find out what mass produced whiskey with tones of work clothing tastes like.

:yum:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cat botherer posted:

Jameson is absolute trash, especially for the price.

Well if you're paying more than like 12 quid for a bottle there's your problem

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I was at the lesbian bar down in Birmingham and it had a womens toilet and an everyone toilet, the latter of which would be a mens toilet but, hey, it's a lesbian bar so share the load. I went to take a piss at a urinal and as I was going a conga line of women came in and danced past me and out the other door.

Very odd experience but fun nonetheless.

The weirdest part of this is a bathroom with two exterior doors.

Also fun fact: on US navy ships, rooms with only one entrance or exit are called "glory holes" because if you're in them when the ship starts taking on water, you get all the glory.

So most bathrooms are glory holes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Well if you're paying more than like 12 quid for a bottle there's your problem

A bottle of jameson is 34.90€ here :(

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

His Divine Shadow posted:

A bottle of jameson is 34.90€ here :(

:monocle:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Unsurprised to learn that the US navy bathrooms all have glory holes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They also call the bathroom "the head"

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

I've drunk Bushmills and i thoroughly agree with the above.

While I’ll always take a whisky over a whiskey, I am partial to a bit of Black Bush.

And the drink from the Bushmills distillery with a black label.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Almost every house I've ever been in had gender neutral toilets and noone seemed to have a problem. Maybe pubs and venues or whatever should just try having not hellish shitholes for toilets and everything would be fine.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pork Pie Hat posted:

While I’ll always take a whisky over a whiskey, I am partial to a bit of Black Bush.

And the drink from the Bushmills distillery with a black label.

:holymoley:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Jamesons js nice and creamy. It’s not something I’d sip but it’s good for when you’re getting slaughtered at a wake or something and rum feels like a bit too much if a holiday drink for the occasion

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Grant's ftw

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I'm late but I would like to add my vote to to the important discussion around raspberrues being vastly superior to strawberries.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Almost every house I've ever been in had gender neutral toilets and noone seemed to have a problem. Maybe pubs and venues or whatever should just try having not hellish shitholes for toilets and everything would be fine.

At my house there is a men's toilet and my wife inspects my genitals before I'm allowed to use it

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I haven't had much Irish whiskey, little of it any good either. But last year I did get a bottle from Waterford distillery, which is a relatively new distillery set up by the guy who refounded Bruichladdich, and it was excellent. Specifically, this one: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/waterford-distillery/waterford-single-farm-origin-ballykilcavan-1-2-whisky/

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Bright Bart posted:

Also, I like the tag in your awatar. Because I choose to interpret this as there being Day Tories, who have no shame, and Night Tories who only vote Conservative but never revealing their hand.

Unfortunately both kinds are championed by the Sun.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

OwlFancier posted:

Also fun fact: on US navy ships, rooms with only one entrance or exit are called "glory holes" because if you're in them when the ship starts taking on water, you get all the glory.

So most bathrooms are glory holes.

I'm not sure I believe this.
I had best research it myself.

(Googles " GLORY HOLES SAILORS." )

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Finally my targeted Google ad will be shown to someone

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

For more glory hole media try the film Glory where a man finds himself trapped in a truck stop restroom, with only a cubicle wall separating him from a Cthulhu voiced by JK Simmons.

(It's pretty much an Outer Limits episode stretched to 90 mins but what a concept)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://x.com/barneyfarmer/status/1729857497442222350?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

thiiings caaan ooonly geeet beeetteeer...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Chubby Henparty posted:

For more glory hole media try the film Glory where a man finds himself trapped in a truck stop restroom, with only a cubicle wall separating him from a Cthulhu voiced by JK Simmons.

That's not how I remember that movie :stonk:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

keep punching joe posted:

That's not how I remember that movie :stonk:

They mean the movie Glorious :eng101:

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Lol yes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The national mood as determined by a think tank full of people who think that the most pressing national issues are the dogs being too large and the boats being too small.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Noxville posted:

I haven't had much Irish whiskey, little of it any good either. But last year I did get a bottle from Waterford distillery, which is a relatively new distillery set up by the guy who refounded Bruichladdich, and it was excellent. Specifically, this one: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/waterford-distillery/waterford-single-farm-origin-ballykilcavan-1-2-whisky/

Cheers for the tip, love a good whisky tip. On the subject of little new/not popular distilleries making very good whisky I would recommend Glasgow 1770 and Lochlea. Comes with the bonus of being very affordable compared to places you've heard of.

Fake edit: whiskey*

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 29, 2023

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
maybe sunak's plan for turning the election round is a patriotic war with the perfidious hellenic?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Standby for “Chiles - The Movie”

i'm sure the one about the middle aged weirdo who wished her 20-something son was deid because he got a tattoo will be a great seller

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Well , he married Jordan , so he’s used to hanging out with enormous tits etc etc

ooooo oooohhhh ooooo ooooooh ooooohh oooooooooooooooooooh

weird fas-cist clique,

i wanna git close to yeeew

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
certain clantily scad posters on my bedroom wall are COMING DOWN

DEAD TO ME NOW :mad:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i actually thought that was a casually dressed taoiseach in that recent picture at first glance when scrolling down

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

crispix posted:

i'm sure the one about the middle aged weirdo who wished her 20-something son was deid because he got a tattoo will be a great seller

His Lovely Shoulder, out in cinemas 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
even Lifetime wouldn't touch that shite

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Comment is Freeman - The Woody Allen Did Nothing Wrong Story
Executive Producer: Woody Allen

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Both toilets there have a door into the main bar area and one out to the beer garden, so my pisstime conga line was going through the bar and out to the garden.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

my pisstime conga
*adds to bandnames.txt*

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Whiskey supremacy, no.

Whisky supremacy, yes.
I can never remember which of these is for only Irish (or Scottish?) whiskey and it seems like the kind of thing I should be pedantic about but ehhh

RE: peated whiskies, it definitely seems like the kind of thing where a lot of them seem determined to smash you around the head with it for (IMO) no benefit. If you want to try a peated whisky where the peat is more subtle and forms a pleasant part of the palate instead, I’d recommend either a Benriach Smoky 12 or a Port Charlotte.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Whiskey is Irish and American, whisky is Scottish and Canadian and Japanese and Welsh. Australia does either/or iirc.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I've been trying to book a train up to Edinburgh for my annual journey to visit family friends over Christmas - usually I get an open return so I have some flexibility getting back but it seems that it is now impossible to get open returns there any more? Any day or time I try come up blank. Anyone know what's going on with this?

E: from London btw.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Comrade Fakename posted:

I've been trying to book a train up to Edinburgh for my annual journey to visit family friends over Christmas - usually I get an open return so I have some flexibility getting back but it seems that it is now impossible to get open returns there any more? Any day or time I try come up blank. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Engineering works in the Edinburgh area I think.

They will take advantage of the Xmas - New Year to do work requiring long "possessions" - jobs that can't be done in 5 hours overnight or over a weekend, as the use is much lower then (but of course for the travelling rather than commuting public it always feels like there are rail works going on when they want to use the service during holiday times, bank holidays etc).