Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I said come in! posted:

Killer Instinct received a 10th anniversary update today.

Looks like it dropped on Gamepass as well, which I don't think had been mentioned before? It wasn't listed under Coming Soon that I had noticed

Also looks like they've added a 4X RTS/strategy game based on Dune that's been on PC gamepass for a while - anyone know if it's any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Martman posted:

Beyond Good And Evil Is Overrated

It's actually all about Thus Spoke Zarathustra

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Christ, I don't know what's going on over at the Bing/Microsoft Rewards team, but they seem determined to make me actually quit using it. Mobile searches don't register at all anymore, and my big ol' pile of tab bookmarks in Edge doesn't work, and I have to actually do searches manually. In the points breakdown screen, one of the three sections has now completely disappeared ('Edge searches' or something). This sucks. :mad:

The program was way too good for this world. It’s interesting they’re making the points more difficult to get, but at least so far they’re not screwing around with the prizes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

I dock my steam deck to my tv and use my Xbox controller to play it on the couch.

Edit: beaten!

You ever stream your Xbox to your deck? I'm getting one for Christmas but I ain't rebuying games

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can you do game pass games on steam deck?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

External Organs posted:

You ever stream your Xbox to your deck? I'm getting one for Christmas but I ain't rebuying games

I just recently set this up with Greenlight and it works super well! Both streaming from the console directly or through their cloud services.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

kri kri posted:

Only via cloud or direct Xbox streaming. There's no integrated way to have the games local via Gamepass unless you dual boot into windows I think.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

On The Internet posted:

I just recently set this up with Greenlight and it works super well! Both streaming from the console directly or through their cloud services.

Cooooool.

There are many times when my wife is watching TV but I'd like to play something.

kri kri posted:

I'm not sure if it can be natively but I'm sure other posters probably have a better idea

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

On The Internet posted:

Only via cloud or direct Xbox streaming. There's no integrated way to have the games local via Gamepass unless you dual boot into windows I think.

Too bad, I don’t stream games so oh well

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

External Organs posted:

Sometimes I stream game pass games via Xcloud. It's nice, but not as nice as playing them native.

kri kri posted:

Xcloud as mentioned above is an option, you can't play them natively. Unless you want to install Windows on your Steam Deck.

e: beaten once again

External Organs posted:

There are many times when my wife is watching TV but I'd like to play something.

This is my main use case for owning a Steam Deck.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 29, 2023

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
XCloud works perfectly on my Deck via my wifi at home, there is basically zero lag and so far it's way better than streaming on my phone or laptop browser for reasons I don't understand. It's somehow the realized dream every dipshit game executive had like 5 years ago.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sure, but if you want to use it mostly because the missus is watching Netflix you might not be getting the full power of your network, and this will cause some stuttering every now and then.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I cant believe theyre gonna remake the 360

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Even better, HD-DVD is coming back, in a big way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Soul Glo posted:

The new Xbox Series X One 360

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Sure, but if you want to use it mostly because the missus is watching Netflix you might not be getting the full power of your network, and this will cause some stuttering every now and then.

I wonder if she'll notice if I revert our Netflix to sub 4k... :sickos:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They're bringing back blades

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Steam Dreck

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

They're bringing back blades

:pray:

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

they're finally bringing back Xbox Live Indie Games

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

raccoon.bmp posted:

:pray:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

raccoon.bmp posted:

oh god yes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Splosion Man 3

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

raccoon.bmp posted:

It's just a teaser banner that says "Coming Soon: Silksong."

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
I just want 1 vs 100 back

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Simiain posted:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Simiain posted:

:same:

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Christ, I don't know what's going on over at the Bing/Microsoft Rewards team, but they seem determined to make me actually quit using it. Mobile searches don't register at all anymore, and my big ol' pile of tab bookmarks in Edge doesn't work, and I have to actually do searches manually. In the points breakdown screen, one of the three sections has now completely disappeared ('Edge searches' or something). This sucks. :mad:

My mobile searches are working and showing up normally now, but yeah, the 20 points for using Edge is gone and you have to do a 6-7 second delay on PC searches for them to count now. I wouldn't be surprised if they axe the whole thing by the end of next year at this point.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

exquisite tea posted:

I played the first set of missions in Rollerdrome. I'm really not very good at this game, but I'd like to be. Seems like the kind of thing that looks totally sick in motion once you have all the tricks down.

Yeah I am stuck on the Houston mall one, those drat shield guys!!

The controls are a bit strange to me, finally realizing to change direction quickly you need to hit the dodge otherwise rollerskates don’t turn that fast.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Martman posted:

Beyond Good And Evil Is Overrated

The wrongest take I've ever read in these here awful forums

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

the rat fandom posted:

The program was way too good for this world. It’s interesting they’re making the points more difficult to get, but at least so far they’re not screwing around with the prizes.
Not that I’ve been putting in any effort whatsoever, but after 2 years of accruing points just for doing whatever I’ve almost got enough for a $10 gift card. Meanwhile, over on PSN, less than 6 months of minimal effort has netted me a $20 gift card.

Come on, Microsoft! Stop giving me additional reasons to buy PS games!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Coral Island appears to be Xbox "play anywhere" compatible (saves are shared between PC/console) despite not being listed as such in the Microsoft store. First time I've seen that.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

webmeister posted:

Also looks like they've added a 4X RTS/strategy game based on Dune that's been on PC gamepass for a while - anyone know if it's any good?

Gave it a whirl yesterday, it works pretty well with controller since there isnt too much micro but yeah it's definitely better suited to m+kb since there is a bunch of macro to do as well (at least you can pause in single player). Its a really interesting take on a traditional RTS game and pretty fun.

The tutorials are absolute garbage at teaching you the game (only does controls and basics) so I'd definitely watch a few playthroughs or tutorials videos on YouTube to get an idea of the game flow and victory conditions.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 29, 2023

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The wrongest take I've ever read in these here awful forums

it is the enforced mainstream opinion to call it an underrated hidden gem, understandable that there would be backlash

acksplode
May 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1729922258825535795

:eyepop:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

huh, so that's what that's for

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Gimmie the Xbox Vita

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Gimmie the Xbox Vita

So vert can have a little sister?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Gimmie the Xbox Vita

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Remnant: From the Ashes and Remnant II got added to Game Pass, PC and console. I didn't even know that was coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Woah, that's a fuckin drop. Remnant 2 came out earlier this year and rules.